Flight cost to San Juan

angelhelly

Southwest just opened their schedule thru April 6 this morning. The website originally said it wasn't going to open up till this Saturday. I've noticed the last few times they've opened their schedule, they've done it earlier than it was posted. Some of the flights to SJU are already up over $200 each way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ATC cruiser

We need flights for those exact dates, too, but we're coming in from Calgary - our best option AA flights (only one stop, in Dallas) are coming in at just shy of $1,200 CDN ($900ish US) per person! Our San Juan flights in January 2016 were under $900/person.

I wasn't expecting the flights to be this pricey. United has some cheaper options, but all of them have a red-eye and we were trying to avoid that.

I just booked for us for April out of Montreal, taking AA down and WestJet home. Check that out too, rather than return flights with the same airline. Sometimes you can get a deal, or at least better times or direct flights. In the long run I still paid 800.00 but I found the flights I wanted.

Some friends that are going with us booked through the cruiseline direct and got WestJet return for 480.00 all in. The are going down on the Sunday and returning Sunday. San Juan is too pretty to not spend at least one night there though. We are spending 2 nights.

We bought mid-week Detroit to San Juan return for January 12 - 23 on Spirit Airlines where the Spirit web site says $133 each way... but really!!!!! You can't cruise without luggage which is $60 there and back. Security fees, US - International Departure Tax and Passenger Facility Fees seem to be the bulk of the cost. Total for two pax $652

Gambling that the Spirit pilots work-to-rule problems will be settled by January.

And, you are gambling BIG TIME to take Spirit in the winter from a winter airport - I hope you do not run into weather issues! If you do, you may lose out on the whole cruise by the time Spirit figures out who they will take first to where... They do not have a big fleet of aircraft like the legacies and do not fly out of every airport every day to every destination, so you are not guaranteed a flight for possibly days... Good luck!

Edited by slidergirl

Was getting nervous waiting for prices to drop and decided to go ahead and book. Southwest Airlines from Ft Lauderdale for December this year, was $456 round trip for 2. From other posts, guess that doesn't sound too bad.

JFK to SJU on Delta 12/27 and then SJU to EWR on United 1/7 coming home from NYE cruise. $400 non-stop total. Always book one leg at a time and look for the lowest rates as they come available.