Leaving from Ft. Lauderdale

jfogle2017

Hey everyone! I have never left from Ft. Lauderdale - only from Port Canaveral and Miami - what are some good places to stay at the night before? Our cruise leaves on Sunday but we plan on driving in on Friday......when leaving from Port Canaveral, we usually stay at the Radission because they offer a free park/shuttle to and from the port plus it has a fun pool for the kids and free breakfast! Is there anywhere like that in Ft. Lauderdale near the port?

I'm not sure if any of the hotels that are close to the port that many on here recommend have free parking.

Since you are driving you may have to stay further out in which case you may have to use a taxi instead of a shuttle.

We drive and just end up using Park n Go right by the port. Book on line and it's cheaper, about $9 per day. Parking is probably about the same as a cab ride from a hotel further out and more convenient.

We have taken three cruises out of Ft Lauderdale and stayed at different hotels each time. June 2016 we stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Creek. It isn't right around the corner from the port, but it's not too far and I had enough HHonors points to get two rooms for free. In 2015, we went on two cruises; stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale-Plantation for one cruise. It's not too far of a drive. For the other cruise, we stayed at the Hilton on 17th Street pre-cruise and at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street post cruise. Next month, it's just my husband and I so we are staying at Bahia Mar. I've not been there, but my friend says it's very nice. There is a lot to choose from! I do recommend you take a look at reviews on TripAdvisor; I have found the Holiday Inn/IHC hotel group website seems to just show mostly favorable reviews.

Springhill Suites, Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle. Free shuttle to the cruise port.

We are booked at the Super8 in Dania Beach, they did say had some spots if you want to leave car (at a cost) and shuttle to the port.

We are driving from outside of Toronto & taking 3 days to drive down. Until I see the area the motel is in not sure if we leave car there. It's only a 4 minute drive to Park N Go.