Retreat Cabana Availability

Tananda

Thanks to the folks here on CC, I have booked a Retreat Cabana for my upcoming spring break cruise on the NA. Does anyone know when the cabanas are first available to use? Can I go there upon embarkation, after lunch, after muster, at sailaway? Just trying to get a feeling for the timing as this is a surprise for my Mom.

Thank you so much for your help!

You can use them as soon as you get on. In our experience, there's always been at least one of the cabana stewards available on day 1. Remember that there might be B2B guests with cabanas. So, you should see cabana stewards right away.

Thanks to the folks here on CC, I have booked a Retreat Cabana for my upcoming spring break cruise on the NA. Does anyone know when the cabanas are first available to use? Can I go there upon embarkation, after lunch, after muster, at sailaway? Just trying to get a feeling for the timing as this is a surprise for my Mom.

Can I ask how much it cost and how long your cruise is?

Thanks for posting the link POA1. I noticed the retreat cabana can be rented by the hour for group functions.

Does anyone know what would happen if you have paid for a cabana for the voyage and a group has rented the area for an hour or two? Would you not be able to use your cabana and would the cabana you rented be open for others to use?

Thanks for posting the link POA1. I noticed the retreat cabana can be rented by the hour for group functions.

Does anyone know what would happen if you have paid for a cabana for the voyage and a group has rented the area for an hour or two? Would you not be able to use your cabana and would the cabana you rented be open for others to use?

This might refer to night time activities, when the Retreat is not open to the regular day users. We have attended cocktail parties in the Retreat at night. In this case, at night, essentially the cabanas are not used as cabanas.

If you rent for the voyage, the cabana is yours for the entire time. The only exception is if there's a cabana dinner or special event like a cocktail party, in which case the cabana would be used for the dinner or the party at night. Technically the cabana time is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but that's just when the area is staffed with attendants. You can go early and stay late as long as there's no cabana dinner.

• 11 months later...

Hey Tananda, We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam on the 03/31 sailing too! Our 1st ever HAL cruise. DH and I are celebrating #20. We also rented a Retreat Cabana (although we paid $399! HAL says the price increased??) and we live in Kennesaw Ga.... I ran across this thread when researching the Retreat Cabana, what a small world! :)

Very small world indeed! The service on Holland America was excellent last year, and my mother told me that she really wanted a retreat cabana again. I don't know what we would do without being spoiled so much! We will look for you on the ship! 60 days to go!

Not sure there would be much value to the Retreat cabanas in Alaska. But a Lido cabana, if your ship has them, is another topic.

We went to Alaska in Sept and it would have been way too cold for a retreat cabana. We rented the lido cabana for 299$ for the week and it was amazing. Great views and gave us a handy home base to have all of our stuff and hop in and out to view outside

My family and I have rented a family cabana in late March on NA. I am wondering about tipping the servers. I know I will need to; I am just not sure how much. Does anyone have any suggestions or guidelines?

There are no real guidelines. My husband and I give each of the two cabana stewards $50 each. I’ve talked with a few others who do the same.

It may or may not sound high but the stewards get us lunch, snacks, drinks, and set up/clean up the cabana every day. $50 each works out to just $7 a day per attendant for a 7 day cruise for all the pampering/service!

Thank you CruiserBruce. They are still available on the March 4 sailing through the Panama Canal. I splurged because we have so many days at sea.

Other than some running around while in the locks, we spent the entire Canal day in our Cabana on Eurodam, Nov 1.

We booked a family retreat for our Alaska cruise in August. Wanted a little extra space and thought that maybe we would be able to hang out there for views during the at-sea days. It's a gamble, a chilly gamble!

It is a gamble....was way too cold in early sept. I would get 2 lido cabanas. You can open the curtain between them

• 8 months later...

Hiya,

Can I please ask for help from people who have rented these Cabanas before?

What are the hours that you can access your cabana? Can you access early/late for sunrise/sunset?

Also we will have the drinks package, will the stewards bring any drink you order within the package or is there a set retreat drinks menu?

I'm surprised at the lack of info I can find online about it. We are travelling 3 couples together from the UK to the Caribbean for a week on the Oosterdam. I'm thinking of booking a family one for all of us. They look to be better located considering the ships have the glass on the sides above the railing.

Any input would be greatly appreciated xxx

Hiya,

What are the hours that you can access your cabana? Can you access early/late for sunrise/sunset?

Also we will have the drinks package, will the stewards bring any drink you order within the package or is there a set retreat drinks menu?

I'm surprised at the lack of info I can find online about it. We are travelling 3 couples together from the UK to the Caribbean for a week on the Oosterdam. I'm thinking of booking a family one for all of us. They look to be better located considering the ships have the glass on the sides above the railing.

Hiya,

The attendants are usually there from 9-5. Unless there's a special cabana event or dinner, you usually have access to around the clock. Special events can include dinners or cocktail parties for various groups. In our experience they're fairly rare, but they do happen.

Your cabana attendants will serve you any drink you want. If it's part of your beverage package, it's covered. If it's a la carte, it will be charged to your room.

In all our cabana rental experiences, the service has been excellent.

I'm not sure if you read the information or not, but the family cabana has a four adult limit.