To Those Waiting For Upsell Offers...

Saphire

Make sure to check your spam folder! Offers in the past have come directly to email, but not this year. I am so glad we found it just one day later, we just took advantage of the offer. :)

--thank you msmayor for mentioning this in another thread, that is why we checked!

We booked through third party ( on-line ). Will up-sell offers come to my e-mail or to the online TA (who, I am sure would never contact me)? Thank You.

Upsell offers go to the TA you booked with, unless you booked directly through HAL. One of the reasons I book through a HAL PCC, is THEN the offers (email) come directly to me.

You're welcome, Saphire...I have been checking the last week or so as our cruise approaches and I had a feeling it would hit the Spam folder. I'm sure those emails go out in a big chunk and that is a signal to many email filters that its spam.

Upsell offers go to the TA you booked with, unless you booked directly through HAL. One of the reasons I book through a HAL PCC, is THEN the offers (email) come directly to me.

They go to the TA - which is why when we first book a cruise I discuss with our TA exactly what I would be willing to accept and what we wouldn't for an upsell in case she can't reach us immediately.

An example of a "bad" upsell would be like one we were offered on a RCCL ship. Balcony to Junior Suite - more room etc. The problem was that the Jr Suites were directly under the pool area where service carts were rolled over tiled floors all night making a terrible racket. We knew this from previous experience on that ship so it wasn't so great an "upgrade" :eek: