Carnival Splendor?

Yes We Can

Still on Splendor - ported earlier than expected. Ship was vibrating terribly as we were docking in Miami - around 4:30 a.m. Found out that one of the couples that was getting married in St. Thomas had family flying in to meet them there. I felt terrible for them when I heard that! So the family was waiting, and no cruise ship, no wedding. Groom said he lost $1,000 for flowers, photog., etc. on St. Thomas for the wedding. Hope they had travel insurance, and hope it will cover this. (trip interruption?? Still noticed the sewage smell the last few days on all different areas of the ship. It wasn't constant, but it was definitely there.

We also "stopped" in the water for a while - why, I don't know. We were in the steakhouse and happened to look out the window. I will say this - with the ship vibrating the way it was, and "thumping" in the water, I am not sure it will even make the Bahamas! The vibration was definitely getting worse the closer we got to Miami. I will post a more comprehensive review in the next few days.

Still on Splendor - ported earlier than expected. Ship was vibrating terribly as we were docking in Miami - around 4:30 a.m. Found out that one of the couples that was getting married in St. Thomas had family flying in to meet them there. I felt terrible for them when I heard that! So the family was waiting, and no cruise ship, no wedding. Groom said he lost $1,000 for flowers, photog., etc. on St. Thomas for the wedding. Hope they had travel insurance, and hope it will cover this. (trip interruption?? Still noticed the sewage smell the last few days on all different areas of the ship. It wasn't constant, but it was definitely there.

We also "stopped" in the water for a while - why, I don't know. We were in the steakhouse and happened to look out the window. I will say this - with the ship vibrating the way it was, and "thumping" in the water, I am not sure it will even make the Bahamas! The vibration was definitely getting worse the closer we got to Miami. I will post a more comprehensive review in the next few days.

Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow I'm so sorry for those who debarked today. Sounds like Carnival did a pretty good job keeping everyone on board updated and gave them some pretty good refunds too which is awesome. We sail on Splendor on the 19th so of course I'm hoping all is fixed and no itinerary changes but honestly as long as I am on the ship, I'm a happy camper. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on the April 2nd sailing and as we sail for the ship rather than the destinations im kinda hoping for a change in ports and 50% off this cruise and the next one LOL

In all seriousness hope everything is fixed in time and glad everyone is safe and well

I'm on the April 2nd sailing and as we sail for the ship rather than the destinations im kinda hoping for a change in ports and 50% off this cruise and the next one LOL

In all seriousness hope everything is fixed in time and glad everyone is safe and well

me too ;)

Just off the Splendor. The vibrating & shuddering were pretty bad the last 2 days. Open decks were extremely windy. Not sure if this was due to engine problems not being able to stabilize the ship or just the weather was bad. The crew was awesome IMO, food was still good, no plumbing issues that we knew of. The one thing I was curious about was laundry service. I tried to send laundry out & was told there was no laundry available, also tried to do self service laundry but found it was closed. We did smell a bit of sewage occasionally, but have had that on other ships without an engine problem, so most likely it wasn't related to the engine problem. I cannot say it loud enough or often enough, but the crew did a fantastic job of keeping everyone happy. I felt bad for the crew because they had more work to do than usual due to the unhappy cruisers & more sea days.

Our biggest regret was that we had my 90 year old mother & sister with us. Mom will never be able to use the 50% off a future cruise & sister was not too happy with CCL. Fellow passengers were upset because they won't be able to use the 50% off future cruise either due to vacation restraints or financial issues.

For the most part my hubby & I are happy with the way Carnival handled the situation.

Just off the Splendor. The vibrating & shuddering were pretty bad the last 2 days. Open decks were extremely windy. Not sure if this was due to engine problems not being able to stabilize the ship or just the weather was bad. The crew was awesome IMO, food was still good, no plumbing issues that we knew of. The one thing I was curious about was laundry service. I tried to send laundry out & was told there was no laundry available, also tried to do self service laundry but found it was closed. We did smell a bit of sewage occasionally, but have had that on other ships without an engine problem, so most likely it wasn't related to the engine problem. I cannot say it loud enough or often enough, but the crew did a fantastic job of keeping everyone happy. I felt bad for the crew because they had more work to do than usual due to the unhappy cruisers & more sea days.

Our biggest regret was that we had my 90 year old mother & sister with us. Mom will never be able to use the 50% off a future cruise & sister was not too happy with CCL. Fellow passengers were upset because they won't be able to use the 50% off future cruise either due to vacation restraints or financial issues.

For the most part my hubby & I are happy with the way Carnival handled the situation.

That's the problem with FCC. While it sounds great and generous, the cruise line isn't out any money until it's actually redeemed, and they probably count on a certain historical percentage never being redeemed.

Yes, the vibrating and shuttering was crazy! My mother had a coffee mug bounce across the table at breakfast in the gold pearl! And did anyone else notice the diesel smell in the gold pearl?

Yes a couple of times. We ate in the Gold Pearl every day for breakfast & 1x for lunch because of mom's mobility issues. Food & service was good, IMO. As far as the vibrating- hubby got knocked out of bed one night.

Yes, the vibrating and shuttering was crazy! My mother had a coffee mug bounce across the table at breakfast in the gold pearl! And did anyone else notice the diesel smell in the gold pearl?

Yes, we did. We had dinner there every night except Saturday. Our cabin was also vibrating like crazy Saturday night - we were towards the aft. All in all we had a great cruise, though.

Anyone on the Splendor now? I heard they are having a special surprise "Carnival Live" headliner comedy show while docked in Nassau tonight... wondering who the comedian is?

They got Chris Tucker as the comedian...I board for the 12th and hope all issues are taken care of.