Coffee on Divina

NYHartChapp

OK, it's been our experience that the coffee on the cruise ships we've sailed (and we've sailed Carnival, NCL, HAL, RCC) is pretty shall we say, lackluster, whether it's room service in the morning or at the dispensing station. How is the coffee on MSC Divina? I know taste is subjective, but bad coffee is bad coffee. Are there coffee machines in the room? Thanks in advance.

Was on the divina last week and I found the coffee from room service was better than the buffet, but I limit myself to coffee in the morning so can't say if it was any better in the restaurants. No coffee makers in our fantastica balcony. Overall, it was caffeine, but not great

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

OK, it's been our experience that the coffee on the cruise ships we've sailed (and we've sailed Carnival, NCL, HAL, RCC) is pretty shall we say, lackluster, whether it's room service in the morning or at the dispensing station. How is the coffee on MSC Divina? I know taste is subjective, but bad coffee is bad coffee. Are there coffee machines in the room? Thanks in advance.

The coffee was a little strong for us,flavor good, but we thought the buffet coffee was more American. No coffee makers in any rooms that we could afford, you will get more replies if any suites have them.

No cabin coffee machines even in YC :(. With that said, I found MSC coffee decent. Im not super picky on my coffee except princess that serves the liquid grounds which are yucky. I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Italians do know how to make a good coffee :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the barista coffees they use Segafredo on Divina and Lavazza on the ships in Europe - these are chargeable / covered in drinks packages and available at many of the bars through the ship.

My preference is Lavazza as that's what I use at home but Segafredo is also very good and a well known brand in Italy.

The coffee in the buffet is not so good but is still drinkable

I'm REALLY hoping they make a good cafè latte. I mean, it IS an Italian ship, right?

They do, My morning coffee (Espresso for me, Latte for the missus) brought to the room was good, every other time I had coffee around the ship it was great, Strong and brewed just right. No instant rubbish for me, it has to be fresh beans ground right in front of me and extracted to the second. MMMMM yum. My DW calls me a coffee snob and she's right. along with beer snob LOL

The decaf coffee that we ordered with our breakfast to be delivered to the cabin was a hot pot of water and two small packets of Sanka.

I had a different experience. We only ordered breakfast room service once, but I got a pot of decaf and my husband got a pot of regular.

No coffee machines in rooms I'm afraid, the room service coffee is fab, but the buffet coffee is not the greatest, its drinkable but don't get too excited about it 😬

They do, My morning coffee (Espresso for me, Latte for the missus) brought to the room was good, every other time I had coffee around the ship it was great, Strong and brewed just right. No instant rubbish for me, it has to be fresh beans ground right in front of me and extracted to the second. MMMMM yum. My DW calls me a coffee snob and she's right. along with beer snob LOL

Now that you bring it up, what brand of beer is provided on board the Divina? We're sailing in June and I'm a beer snob too. :D

OK, let's get back on point here...

Last question...does YC put out a coffee bar in the morning?

I never noticed a "Coffee Bar" anywhere in YC. I could be wrong? :confused:

In saying that, your waiter in the Main YC restaurant will cater to your coffee needs, up in the One Pool area the waiters will do the same. Top Sail lounge will also make your coffee to your liking. Service is what they are there for. Enjoy.

I never noticed a "Coffee Bar" anywhere in YC. I could be wrong? :confused:

In saying that, your waiter in the Main YC restaurant will cater to your coffee needs, up in the One Pool area the waiters will do the same. Top Sail lounge will also make your coffee to your liking. Service is what they are there for. Enjoy.

Thanks, Stealthy.

• 1 month later...