Island Princess - Anniversary Celebration

cbell16

We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary on an Alaskan Cruise this July. When we booked, our agent asked us what date we wanted to celebrate this on. We also indicated the occasion on our preferences on the Princess website.

What is the norm for the celebration on board? I see we can buy flowers, chocolates, champagne, etc..., but does the cruise line actually do anything themselves?

We had our 32nd anniversary on Caribbean Princess and they put a sign and balloons on our cabin door. At dinner they brought a small cake and we got a few celebration offers from the spa and shops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary on an Alaskan Cruise this July. When we booked, our agent asked us what date we wanted to celebrate this on. We also indicated the occasion on our preferences on the Princess website.

What is the norm for the celebration on board? I see we can buy flowers, chocolates, champagne, etc..., but does the cruise line actually do anything themselves?

Princess puts a sign and balloons on your door. We usually don't get the cake they provide in the MDR, it's not very tasty.

For special celebrations or anniversaries, there are many celebration items you can pre-purchase. Plus, we always order flowers to our room on the first day. They tend to last 7-10 days.We just pick out the yucky ones and water them.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Forgot I had pictures

c78906fc24442722ea97721d13db1306.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be celebrating our 15th next week and had indicated that with Princess. I wasn't expecting balloons though. Although wifey may have a short fun time popping them. :')

Princess puts a sign and balloons on your door. We usually don't get the cake they provide in the MDR, it's not very tasty.

Hey, it is made with chocolate. What's not to like.

And, in my unsophisticated culinary opinion, it tastes better than many of the regular Princess desserts.

Hey, it is made with chocolate. What's not to like.

And, in my unsophisticated culinary opinion, it tastes better than many of the regular Princess desserts.

Agreed, that looked delicious. I will try it next time but if they bring us that nasty looking cake I'm leaving it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get balloons, take a picture as ours have always been stolen. We have had decorations for anniversaries and birthdays EXCEPT on our 50th on the Royal where we splurged on a suite and didn't even have pillow chocolates. Very disappointing. You might want to bring some decorations from Party City to make your day special!!! :-). Happy Anniversary!

By the way, we celebrAted our 40th on the Island, in a balcony cabin, and our steward and wait staff made it very special and fun......but someone still took our balloons by morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums