Live from Cuba!

Noggins

The following link from the Ontario Liquor Board will give you example prices in Canadian dollars for most Cuban rums. use this as a comparison and they describe the rums as well:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/search?searchTerm=havana+club

Have a great day and visit Cuba, NOW before the invasion of Americans turns it into another Mexico.

Happy Cruising

Have a great day and visit Cuba, NOW before the invasion of Americans turns it into another Mexico.Happy Cruising

I started to reply several times and deleted/edited them.

Certainly true that as tourist and travellers we need to be cognizant of the effect we leave behind and even simply by being there, anywhere, in large numbers and have an adverse affect.

But what you've said is simply wrong on many levels.

Here's a link to a great, recent article about where to find Cuban cigars:

https://www.fathom.org/where-to-find-cuban-cigars-havana/

Reading this, I learned that the H. Upmann factory where we visited (and bought our Cohiba and Romeo y Julieta cigars) also sells Monte Cristo cigars. This factory is one of only three that offers tours. The cigar-making process is fascinating even if you have no intention of shopping for anything.

While the article lists many reputable cigar stores, it omits mention of another source: the gift shop of the Hotel Nacional. Shopping there will fulfill your Montechristo quest and give you a chance to to see the main floor and beautiful grounds of this historic property. (You won't be able to see any of the hotel rooms, but take my word that you're lucky you're staying on an Oceania ship instead of staying here.) Enjoy a mojito at the indoor or outdoor bar while you're there, too.

Thanks for the info. We have reservation for the show at Hotel National, so I can get the cigars there if we don't stop earlier on our tour.

Thanks for the info. We have reservation for the show at Hotel National, so I can get the cigars there if we don't stop earlier on our tour.
Curious how you made your reservation. I tried on-line but not certain hther it really went through. Did you use an agency?

Curious how you made your reservation. I tried on-line but not certain hther it really went through. Did you use an agency?

Not qwesq but we are going via an O Life excursion. Will be able to report back next week how it was :D Also hoping to do the 3 PM Historical Tour of the hotel.

I didn't - going with another guest who made the Res through a TA I believe. But not really sure.

yes, we (qwesq part of total group of 6) made Cabaret Parisien show reservations & pre-paid in advance through local (to me) agent who specializes in travel to Cuba. will be picked up at port w/classic car, dinner at boutique restaurant in Miramar, then to 10pm show at Hotel Nacional. show tickets, car-driver for 5 hrs. all pre-paid in USD via credit card. if interested, pls. email me at lap3333 at Hotmail -- I'll pass on info. and report back to you after 22 March (our evening out in Havana! can hardly wait! :)

Marina has just arrived in Havana. FDR is on board, as you might expect, and he has issued a delightful letter in which he describes why today is so special to him.

There is a substantial array of day time and evening excursions. We have a private guide for the day and hope to see a good many of the sights, sounds and flavours.

The initial views from the ship are of a cosmopolitan city that is distinctly crumbly and faded. No surprise there then!

Will post more later.

Ola from Australia

May I say many thanks for confirming what it is like and it is what we want to see. We have a private guide(a lady) and driver for 2 days(some friends have used the lady previously for a 10 day tour) and have chosen what we wish to see and do and go to the not so touristy to see the real people and the areas. It is nice to see someone present the real picture. We are there April 6/7 and are really looking forward to way it is.

Again many thanks for all your message Re: Habana