Another upsell question

ggaillie

This is will be my first time on the Norwegian Dawn. I have been offered the opportunity for an upsell. I am currently booked in an Aft Balcony on the 10th floor. I thought about possibly moving into an Aft Suite but I am concerned about the location. I don't want to be on the 8th Floor, I've have seen numerous posts about the noise below. If I accept an upsell would I have any input into the location? Thanks for any advice.

Not the official NCL answer you are hoping for, but it's spelled out on the Upgrade Advantage's TOS (4 pages long) - "no, you do not have a choice within the category, it is whatever NCL assigned and once made, it is final & definitive.

Have you done lookups to see what's currently unsold and available, not that they are obligated to give you one of those ... someone else vacating and moving to a higher category, and the system could move you into that one instead.

When I have been offered an upsell, my TA was able to ask location/cabin number.

TA's aren't involved in the new bidding process. It's directly between you & NCL. The only involvement your TA has is if they choose to opt out in which case you won't receive an invitation to bid.

When I have been offered an upsell, my TA was able to ask location/cabin number.

If your bid is accepted, you will receive an email at the address you provided with your bid. Your eDocs are automatically updated and you can re-print them yourself (along with updated luggage tags). If you get upgraded a few days before sailing, you won't get pre-printed tags for Havens room. Just the regular print-yourself versions.

Come on, people. Read the OP. He was offered an upsell, he is NOT talking about the bidding program. The Upgrade Advantage terms do NOT apply.

ggallie, call the upsell number in the invitation and ask what specific cabin or cabins you would be assigned if you purchase the upsell. If they can't tell you, then you know you will be taking a chance. If they can tell you, then you can look at those cabins and decide. Either way, ignore every response talking about Upgrade Advantage or bidding, a true upsell is a completely different kettle of fish.