room service

snag

Yes, Royal Caribbean

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7647

"This was introduced to manage the high demand [for room service]," Royal Caribbean representative Lyan Sierra-Caro explained.

I am sure it will achieve that goal.

Thus is the same excuse Royal Caribbean uses for everything. Johnny Rockets used to be complimentary, but then they started charging to "manage demand.". And ever since, the price has gone up while other lines have introduced burger venues that are complimentary and offer better burgers. And based on my most recent sailing on Risk Caribbean, there was no demand as the place we empty, so shouldn't that mean the cover charge should be reduced or eliminated to also manage (increase) demand? ;)

So grateful my next two big cruises (British Isles and Japan) are on Princess.

• 3 months later...
I've made this same argument on Royal Caribbean, too. It's just a bigger balcony cabin. I remember liking the mini suites on Princess more, too.

You're right, it's not a MINI-SUITE. It's a MAXI-CABIN.

Here's my experience with room service for breakfast. On the Room Service slip I added things I wanted like "Eggs Benedict", & they arrived. Other things not on the form can be written down from my experience. I also discovered something else. Where you check 7 -7:30 I just circled 7 am & my order arrived at 7 am. Be aware that sometimes they don't knock very hard on the door.

Tom😀

Ordered room service for breakfast on all port days on our recent (April) Royal Princess cruise to the Caribbean, to avoid the chaos of the buffet. Added additional fruit choices . Delivery was usually 10-15 mins before the time slot we picked, but that was fine with us. Small gratuity given each day as unsure whether we would have same delivery steward....we did though and he was delightful.

Hi, can anyone tell me how much it costs for room service on the royal and what is the earliest you can order breakfast from there. Ta Snag

There is no extra charge for room service, it is included in your fare and tipping is included in your daily auto tip so no need to tip twice unless you really want to. There is a card with the menu in your cabin, if it's missing just ask your cabin steward.