What Books You Bringing on Your Cruise?

NYHartChapp

Looking for some ideas.

Really like legal/courtroom dramas (Grisham, Turow), action/adventure (Mitch Rapp, Jack Reacher) and crime thrillers (Michael Connelly). And here's an outlier: DW recommended "A Man Called Ove"... loved it, loved it, loved it. From a guy who likes the above-mentioned genres, this does not count in that column, but it is a really good book!

Thanks.

How current are you on Grisham, Turow, and Connelly? Turow has a new one coming out, but not sure when. Do you like Daniel Silva? If you haven't read him you can start at his oldest ones...really good. the new ones are good too but they are a long series. Also Elizabeth George...the ones before 2008. Tana French, again, first three or four, and John Lescroart, the Dismas Hardy series. Len Deighton has a great Cold War series, begins with Berlin Game. If you like history you can begin the Diana Gabaldon series...that will keep you busy for a long time.

One of the favorite parts of a vacation for me is picking out my books. My Kindle has helped a lot. I no longer have 5-6 books sitting on the nightstand that I've carted around in my suitcase. Kindle Unlimited is good, but doesn't usually give me all the up to date choices I want.

I"m a Sci-Fi/fantasy girl myself, but I'll second my Kindle. Unlimited is nice but I mostly just buy the darned book so I can get what I want. Love that I don't have to lug multiple books around with me, worrying I might not have brought what I'll be in the mood for. I bought and downloaded 3 books on the tarmac while we were waiting to fly out of Italy. And as I get older, I like that I can make the font larger. LOVE my Kindle!

How current are you on Grisham, Turow, and Connelly? Turow has a new one coming out, but not sure when. Do you like Daniel Silva? If you haven't read him you can start at his oldest ones...really good. the new ones are good too but they are a long series. Also Elizabeth George...the ones before 2008. Tana French, again, first three or four, and John Lescroart, the Dismas Hardy series. Len Deighton has a great Cold War series, begins with Berlin Game. If you like history you can begin the Diana Gabaldon series...that will keep you busy for a long time.

One of the favorite parts of a vacation for me is picking out my books. My Kindle has helped a lot. I no longer have 5-6 books sitting on the nightstand that I've carted around in my suitcase. Kindle Unlimited is good, but doesn't usually give me all the up to date choices I want.

Thanks. Am current on all. Was looking for similar authors. Love my Kindle for the same reasons you mentioned.

I didn't care for The Woman in Cabin 10. Too far-fetched and the characters weren't especially likable. I didn't like the author's In a Dark, Dark Wood either...same problems. The author has some great ideas, but she doesn't execute them well.

Ok, so the few mystery series I've read:

Patricia Cornwell - her older ones are better

The Flavia De Luce series - delightful for the chemistry involved, though by no means noir

The occasional Scandinavian thriller - Jo Nesbo, etc.

Three Bags Full - light hearted mystery, sheep solving their shepard's murder, translated from it's original German (seriously, it's quite good.)

How about non-mystery?

All the Light You Can Not See - one of those books who's characters stay with you

Best I can do, enjoy your cruise!