Any Tips For A Tall Passenger and Cabin Selection?

Xewrsw

My son is rather tall, 6'7". He had to bend over to take a shower on our recent Hawaiian NCL Pride of America cruise, in a suite cabin.

I'm wondering if booking a Spa cabin, which gives access to the spa showers, would give him more height showering? He will be 18 years old soon.

Any tips would be appreciated since we are looking at cruising with friends on the NCL Breakaway next year.

Maybe the Breakaway cabins have taller showers?

Thanks!

:confused:

I too am six foot seven and have never had to bend over in any Norwegian shower, but I the ceiling has been close to my head and I have had to bend over on the Jewell class ships when I go through the shower doors. Since you were in a suite, maybe he was using a shower/tub combo?

Anyway, to answer your questions, it is my recollection that the showers in the spa were only slightly taller - however, for me they were more comfortable since they tended to have a little larger footprint....which for this ....ehhem...non-petite flower made it a nicer experience.....though, having to dress in the locker room probably takes away from that experience.

Can't add a whole lot, but wanted to say that three of us cruised the Getaway last September (our first NCL cruise). This was a girls cruise. My sister and I are only 5 ft 5 in, but our friend cruising with us is 5 ft 11.5 inches. Just standing in the bathroom, the top of her head almost touched the ceiling and she had to scoot down a little too see her entire face in the vanity mirror.

My immediate thought was that my DH who is 6' 3" wouldn't be able to stand up straight in that bathroom at all.

The girls and I were in an inside cabin. DH and I have sailed in balconies exclusively the last 6 years (but not on NCL). Could there be a ceiling height difference between inside cabins and balconies? Or perhaps a difference depending on what floor you're on?

We were in Cabin 5791 on Getaway (this is deck 5--the lowest deck with cabins I believe). Maybe that is a factor.

We are experienced cruisers with over 25 cruises under our belt. Just new to NCL and loved Getaway!

My son is 6'5" and I think the spa cabin idea is just fantastic! When we fly, we fly standard but I always get my ds extra leg room. If I had the choice between a regular or spa cabin I would do it for the shower as well as the access to the spa. My ds-18, showers about 2-3 times a day and just having the extra shower and towels between waking up, after gym and before going out at night would be wonderful.

This is an idea I will try to remember.

Thank you and let us know what you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm 6'4 and we noticed, and just informally measured the clear exit signs in the stateroom - floor hallways on the Breakaway - I had around three inches to spare. The shower seemed roomy and quite tall.

My son is rather tall, 6'7". He had to bend over to take a shower on our recent Hawaiian NCL Pride of America cruise, in a suite cabin.

I'm wondering if booking a Spa cabin, which gives access to the spa showers, would give him more height showering? He will be 18 years old soon.

Any tips would be appreciated since we are looking at cruising with friends on the NCL Breakaway next year.

Maybe the Breakaway cabins have taller showers?

Thanks!

:confused:

My husband is 6'6 and always has to squat down to rinse his hair. I'm not sure about the spa since we do not utilize that.