Tags on ones Bookings directing one to The Court on Embarkation day April 12th

kruisey

Princess states they will be too busy to open a dining room on that day??? Have put a tag on all bookings

Many times when boarding I have heard employees directing everyone to The Court that no dining room was open on embarkation, but when I went physically to investigate there was one open. ?

Got Princess' Final Information Before You Sail Email a few days before our last sailing.

Among others, it states:

%7b882bc7b0-a858-4f54-8f07-dbb04058d27b%7d_dining-header.jpg

Shortly after we welcome you onboard your spectacular Princess ship, you may dine at the Horizon Court or in one of the ship’s multiple dining rooms.

Got Princess' Final Information Before You Sail Email a few days before our last sailing.

Among others, it states:

%7b882bc7b0-a858-4f54-8f07-dbb04058d27b%7d_dining-header.jpg

Shortly after we welcome you onboard your spectacular Princess ship, you may dine at the Horizon Court or in one of the ship’s multiple dining rooms.

Princess has put a tag on all bookings they are holding for this cruise telling us to enjoy Horizon Court available 24 hours.

The person at Princess contacted Customer Relations and they stated they were too busy that embarkation day to open a dining room at lunch time.This has never happened before to me.

Princess has put a tag on all bookings they are holding for this cruise telling us to enjoy Horizon Court available 24 hours.

That would be a big change.

The Horizon Court has not been open with food for 24 hours for several years.

Well I know this is not alot of cruises compared to others but this is my 24th with them and never had advance notice like this before.

Also just received an e-mail about getting a Visa to enter the USA ?I wrote back to say I am a CANADIAN CITIZEN born in UK.

What next I wonder :rolleyes:

When I boarded the Star last Thursday, there was a VERY large contingent of Princess employees boarding the ship for the day, including lunch. There was also a big wedding party. Not the first time I've seen this. They could be hosting a large group of TAs on your boarding day. Never know.

Lido deck is the first group boarding .That is the reason really.I thought goody I will be able to have lunch in dining room.

Looks like that was from the list of suggested check-in times. Those are suggested times, not mandatory.

Princess does not board by decks. One boarding starts (usually by noon) and those with priority have boarded, everyone else board in the order that they checked in, Once initial boarding has been completed those checking in can usually then go strait to the ship once checked-in.

Princess states they will be too busy to open a dining room on that day??? Have put a tag on all bookings

Many times when boarding I have heard employees directing everyone to The Court that no dining room was open on embarkation, but when I went physically to investigate there was one open. ?

I would consider your experience common. I'm inclined to believe that it is standard operating procedure to officially state that embarkation day lunch service is in the HC. However knowledgeable Princess cruisers know to poke around and find the open dining room.

There have been times where a DR has not been open on embarkation day for lunch, but most of the time you will find an open DR.

Well I know this is not alot of cruises compared to others but this is my 24th with them and never had advance notice like this before.

Also just received an e-mail about getting a Visa to enter the USA ?I wrote back to say I am a CANADIAN CITIZEN born in UK.

What next I wonder :rolleyes:

I would certainly double-check the requirements for your citizenship, but I think they send the Visa email to everyone. I'm a US citizen who will be cruising round-trip Seattle and I got that email today. It seemed like a form-type notice that everyone gets.

That sounds like the standard language in their staggered boarding email, something like "after boarding enjoy Horizon Court"? It doesn't mean the dining room will be closed.

I would certainly double-check the requirements for your citizenship, but I think they send the Visa email to everyone. I'm a US citizen who will be cruising round-trip Seattle and I got that email today. It seemed like a form-type notice that everyone gets.

Right. All of us in the group are US Citizens and also got that "visa requirement" email.

Got the same email as Easyboy.

Received this "Princess final information before you sail" email yesterday (Thurs) for our Ruby cruise tomorrow (Sat).

This was in the email......

First day dining,

Shortly after we welcome you onboard your spectacular Princess ship, you may dine at the Horizon Court or in one of the ship’s multiple dining rooms".