Who booked on edge

kevi99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Booked an A1 February 10, 2019, on the starboard side. Looks to be far enough away from the Magic Carpet to not have any obstruction. I will look forward to watching the Magic Carpet from my balcony, actually.

Cool. That’s our date too! An S2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People that have real money,lots of it,don't flaunt it,keep quiet about it,I for one,don't wear any jewelry,no watch,( I can easily afford one),but in my clubs,that would be "bad taste ". People that throw money around just want to impress others,l myself,do not dress up,just want to be comfortable,that's my take on cruises !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally, I do not think many flaunt what they have on cruises, especially on X, if they do and we interact, I give the benefit of doubt and to redeem in other ways... :cool:

IMO, because someone wears what is considered an 'excellent' or 'top drawer' item of jewelry or clothing just shows their taste, for those who can afford it and choose not to wear it, says nothing more than they choose not to go that route.

For me, I think those who speak about it and speak about it loudly are ones I try to avoid. Those who wear it and do so confidently, are fine to be sure.

For example, when I try to 'dress down' I get called out on it... to the tune of 'dry cleaner lost your clothes yesterday?' 'All your watches in the shop?' 'Fire your valet?' etc... so I must keep up the presentation to keep 'em happy, not me and I personally enjoy the way I dress and present... LOL

Fortunately, the clubs and/or friends we choose to join or hang out with all have individuals who hold various thoughts on this topic and have no need to discuss it. What we wear to do our 'good' or 'fun' has no bearing on the situation, just the good or fun.

bon voyage

p.s. - real late on posting to this one! LOL, sorry all..

Booked C-2 for May 25th 2019 Amalfi and Greek Islands out of RomeStateroom 10198. We lucked into the bank of cabins that were upgraded to AQ1. Had already made reservations for the 4 new MDR’s , as is allowed by X. When upgrade occurred we were very happy but requested to be allowed to keep the reservations. Initially we got denied with no real reason other than it was X’s rules that because Aqua Class is assigned to Blu we couldn’t keep our reservations. Too make a very long story short eventually,it took 4 weeks of give and take, they reversed their decision and we are now status quo and have our reservations honored. Has anyone else run into this situation and how was it handled? Just asking for context and understanding.

Lucky you....best of both worlds! Are you geting the Concierge luncheon as well ?

We are going to try and book one of the 4 MDRs for one night, just for a change from BLU...we'll see how that goes! If a no go, we have 2 specialty dining res booked already...

We enjoy BLU but not every menu is stellar,.( alot of poultry )...that may be changed..so we'll see,

Lucky you....best of both worlds! Are you geting the Concierge luncheon as well ?

We are going to try and book one of the 4 MDRs for one night, just for a change from BLU...we'll see how that goes! If a no go, we have 2 specialty dining res booked already...

We enjoy BLU but not every menu is stellar,.( alot of poultry )...that may be changed..so we'll see,

We really never have attended that luncheon so we didn’t make that part of our request.

Booked C-2 for May 25th 2019 Amalfi and Greek Islands out of RomeStateroom 10198. We lucked into the bank of cabins that were upgraded to AQ1. Had already made reservations for the 4 new MDR’s , as is allowed by X. When upgrade occurred we were very happy but requested to be allowed to keep the reservations. Initially we got denied with no real reason other than it was X’s rules that because Aqua Class is assigned to Blu we couldn’t keep our reservations. Too make a very long story short eventually,it took 4 weeks of give and take, they reversed their decision and we are now status quo and have our reservations honored. Has anyone else run into this situation and how was it handled? Just asking for context and understanding.

Seems that I may have already posted the following ...can't remember. Lol I apologize if I have. :o

My DH and I booked the Inaugural Edge when it first became available. We picked AQ because my DH likes Blu. Had we known that the standard veranda stateroom offered the luxury of dining in 4 different dining rooms, we would have booked the standard veranda class and saved money! Just doesn't seem right that AQ cost more, but is limited to one dining room. Sure the AQ's come with other perks, but we consider those minimal since lot's of things have been cut out since that category was introduced. We would change our reservations, and move down, but the stateroom categories below us are from $200 - $500 pp more than what we originally paid for our AQ1! Just seems that Blu and Luminae diners could have a choice of dining in one of the 4 dining rooms for an evening or two.:eek: Do like Oceania and allow one reservation in each restaurant.

I think it will work out that AQ class guests can try the MDRs on a night or two if space is available.,.that's how it works now. Guess we'll find out Plus we have BLU for breakfast...and the Persian Garden access...it looks awesome. And two of the MDRs will be open for lunch from what I have heard.

I am glad we booked AQ class but admit that on a future cruise we might do a reg balc cabin due to pricing levels...and try to buy a PG pass...

Seems that I may have already posted the following ...can't remember. Lol I apologize if I have. :o

My DH and I booked the Inaugural Edge when it first became available. We picked AQ because my DH likes Blu. Had we known that the standard veranda stateroom offered the luxury of dining in 4 different dining rooms, we would have booked the standard veranda class and saved money! Just doesn't seem right that AQ cost more, but is limited to one dining room. Sure the AQ's come with other perks, but we consider those minimal since lot's of things have been cut out since that category was introduced. We would change our reservations, and move down, but the stateroom categories below us are from $200 - $500 pp more than what we originally paid for our AQ1! Just seems that Blu and Luminae diners could have a choice of dining in one of the 4 dining rooms for an evening or two.:eek: Do like Oceania and allow one reservation in each restaurant.

I think you may be able to dine a night or two in the MDRs, if there is availability, just like people in Blu dine in the MDR on occasion now. You can't pre-book (and GIZMO had pre-booked every night when he was Concierge), but hopefully you can try the MDRs out. :D

I think you may be able to dine a night or two in the MDRs, if there is availability, just like people in Blu dine in the MDR on occasion now. You can't pre-book (and GIZMO had pre-booked every night when he was Concierge), but hopefully you can try the MDRs out. :D

Another factor in favor of AQ people being able to try the MDR is that X has said in their press releases that between the 4 MDRs they have more than enough seating for those who have MDR dining (likely so there can be more flexibility, since likely some nights the bookings will be lopsided). With 8% assigned to Blu, 12% assigned to Luminae and all of the interesting specialty dining venues, hopefully it won't be an issue to get a table. :D

Thanks so much everyone! I feel much better about our choice. Hope that we will be able to try one of the other places. Since we will be on only a 7 night cruise, we will more than likely not go to any Specialty restaurant this cruise.

I think it will work out that AQ class guests can try the MDRs on a night or two if space is available.,.that's how it works now. Guess we'll find out Plus we have BLU for breakfast...and the Persian Garden access...it looks awesome. And two of the MDRs will be open for lunch from what I have heard.

I am glad we booked AQ class but admit that on a future cruise we might do a reg balc cabin due to pricing levels...and try to buy a PG pass...

We do love Blu for breakfast!

We have not used the Persian Gardens in years. Frankly, we forget that we have access. Perhaps we will go check out the new Persian Garden and give it a try. ;)

Definitely look for the preview pics...awesome! The PG on EDGE takes it to the next level..

We use the PG and Relaxation rm quite a bit all included in the AQ class fare.. They complement the Solarium, gym and Spa quite well!

We only have a 7 day cruise but want to do as much as we can on board .

We have booked Fine Cut Steakhouse and the Garden Grill for dinner and definitely plan lunch at the Raw on 5 and lunch at the Bistro...plus MDR...

Definitely will be needing the gym to work it all off!

Thanks so much everyone! I feel much better about our choice. Hope that we will be able to try one of the other places. Since we will be on only a 7 night cruise, we will more than likely not go to any Specialty restaurant this cruise.

We do love Blu for breakfast!

We have not used the Persian Gardens in years. Frankly, we forget that we have access. Perhaps we will go check out the new Persian Garden and give it a try. ;)

I'm thinking AQ will be quite popular on this ship. Blu is gorgeous and the Thermal Suite rooms are only complimentary for AQ.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Definitely look for the preview pics...awesome! The PG on EDGE takes it to the next level..

We use the PG and Relaxation rm quite a bit all included in the AQ class fare.. They complement the Solarium, gym and Spa quite well!

We have booked Fine Cut Steakhouse and the Garden Grill for dinner and definitely plan lunch at the Raw on 5 and lunch at the Bistro...plus MDR...

hcat, here's your Rooftop Garden Grill sunset dinner. It looks so nice. I think you've talked me into it too! :D

enhance

enhance

I'm thinking AQ will be quite popular on this ship. Blu is gorgeous and the Thermal Suite rooms are only complimentary for AQ.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thank you for the photos. I had not seen the one of Blu.

We have not even thought about booking specialty dinners. Have so much OBC (most from travel agent) that we will have to wait until getting onboard to book anything.

Hope my Sunset idea while having dinner at Rooftop Grill works out......weather, timing and ship orientation may be factors..but sometimes it all comes together..

We booked for San Juan evening, so we'll be In port til 11 pm..Dinner res is at 6:30 ( to 8::30 as per Cruise Planner) Hope it works out.. Menu not as tempting as other spots but the location will be great if things go OK..

Seeing those big metal trees makes me worry a bit about a thunderstorm!

Edited by hcat

To I Am Sea..

You might want to book your fav dinner spot ahead..res are booking up

There will be lots of chances to spend your OBC once you board but if you have a fav place and time I,'d book it in advance..it's refundable if you cancel.

Just a thought!

Hope my Sunset idea while having dinner at Rooftop Grill works out......weather, timing and ship orientation may be factors..but sometimes it all comes together..

We booked for San Juan evening, so we'll be In port til 11 pm..Dinner res is at 6:30 ( to 8::30 as per Cruise Planner) Hope it works out.. Menu not as tempting as other spots but the location will be great if things go OK..

Seeing those big metal trees makes me worry a bit about a thunderstorm!

Haha! I am now booked for a dinner there too after seeing these pictures. I will take your advice and stay out from under the metal trees in a thunderstorm. ;)

Hope we both have perfect, starry nights....

Cool..hope you enjoy the Rooftop! All about the views,,,,,,,I hope!

Can't believe that we just booked EDGE for Nov 2019...9 day ABC Islands. Have to stay off the boards ,,...cruise fever!

We were priced out of AQ class, so we took the very last Sunset Veranda..never tried one so hope we like it. A but of a walk from the elev ...good exercise. Seems to be a reg outdoor balc, only 89 sq ft, & next to a suite with much larger balc. .....no idea where bed placement is ????

We will get to try the new tenders at Grand Cayman...and now have to book res at the various dining rooms b/c we took Select Dining..will work on that asap!

.Due to the rising costs, the plan right now is to skip specialty dining and we will try and snag the PG passes as soon as we board in lieu of booking spa in advance!

We have been to all the ports but think its a great itin!