Club Class on Regal

C-LAD

Just off a B2B on the Regal. Had Club Class anytime dining - entered thru the port side doors to the Concerto Dining Room. Great service - never crowded. I will attempt to answer any questions.

Just off a B2B on the Regal. Had Club Class anytime dining - entered thru the port side doors to the Concerto Dining Room. Great service - never crowded. I will attempt to answer any questions.

Can you please elaborate on the extra menu items for dinner. Any wait times for dinner? Would you do CC again?

Thanks

Since the OP has not had a chance to answer any questions yet, I will add our dining experiences in Club Class during our late January Regal sailing.

The Club Class dining is a small special area in one of main dining rooms that is reserved for CC and full suite passengers only. It is anytime dining with most tables being for two people only (a few larger tables are available). There was no attempt to seat us at the same table, or same waiter, each evening. IMO, it was obvious that they did not intend to place us at the same table every night. We arrived each night within10 minutes of opening the doors when the area was still wide open and we were seated at three different tables, with three different waiters, and we dined there only five nights (we ran to the SRs during the two formal nights). Not a big deal, but thought it was odd to move us around.

The menu is the same as the MDR’s menu, with special, unwritten, options available only to CC passengers.These specials varied from something as simple as a special sauce for a steak to totally different entrees such as tuna steak, or Osso Buco for a couple examples. The special was different each night and was usually just one item,sometimes two. In the advertising Princess mentions “table-side preparation.”Table-side in this case means the one table that happens to be near the CC cooking table that never moves. For everyone else, not so. At the end of our cruise I could not of picked out the Head Waiter (CC Chef) out of a group of one; never saw him. I was seated each evening with my back to the cooking area most nights, and one night we were seated in an area that has a wall that totally blocks your view of the standard CC area. No idea why we were seated in this area (one night only) since all our previous tables were available when we arrived. In any case, "table-side cooking" is not provided and should not be advertised as being a feature of Club Class Dining.

Can you please elaborate on the extra menu items for dinner. Any wait times for dinner? Would you do CC again?

Thanks

In addition to sptrout's comments, I will add the following: We usually arrived well after the opening times and were always asked what open table we wanted. Most tables were set up for two along the banquettes on each end of the cc area. In most cases they were relatively close to the adjoining table. We opted for one of the two tables along the half partition which separated the area from the entry walkway - this seemed more "private" and the adjacent entry never posed a problem for us. We never waited for a table and used the CC dining anywhere from 6 pm to 9 pm.

In our case the Head Waiter/CC Chef was very cordial and friendly - usually stopped at our table at least once each night.

"Would we do CC again?" - Since we are already Elite members, we receive most of the perks which come with CC with the exception of the separate dining area. I do not believe the extra costs are worth the benefits and would not do CC again.

"Would we do CC again?" - Since we are already Elite members, we receive most of the perks which come with CC with the exception of the separate dining area. I do not believe the extra costs are worth the benefits and would not do CC again.

I agree. We are Platinum and see little benefit to go CC. It cost us about $100 p/p extra and that is about the limit not taking into account the likely better cabin locations. Much more, save your money and go to the SRs more often.

I agree. We are Platinum and see little benefit to go CC. It cost us about $100 p/p extra and that is about the limit not taking into account the likely better cabin locations. Much more, save your money and go to the SRs more often.

I'm curious as to whether the typical increase in cost is about 100.00 per person. That doesn't seem too bad. I had the impression it was quite a bit more expensive. But, I haven't checked pricing.

I'm curious as to whether the typical increase in cost is about 100.00 per person. That doesn't seem too bad. I had the impression it was quite a bit more expensive. But, I haven't checked pricing.

We got a very good price since we booked after the final payment date. From what I have seen since is that CC pricing is much higher than a standard mini-suite. I would not recommend CC unless you can get a really good price like we did.

I always prefer to share a table, did you see that happen at all or were the larger tables saved for large parties?

Sorry, but I really can not help with this question. My guess though would be no, or unlikely at best. We always dined early long before the crowds increased assuming they did. Also, the way my wife and I were always seated (our choice) my back was always towards the center of the CC area where the few larger tables were located.

If you really want to depend on be seated with others then I recommend that you not book CC.

Sorry, but I really can not help with this question. My guess though would be no, or unlikely at best. We always dined early long before the crowds increased assuming they did. Also, the way my wife and I were always seated (our choice) my back was always towards the center of the CC area where the few larger tables were located.

If you really want to depend on be seated with others then I recommend that you not book CC.

I wouldn't book club class because they are only on deck 9 which are uncovered balconies. I have a full suite which includes the club class dining so was interested in what to expect. We hate the time they use for first seating, 5:30 which is too early for us even though we reserve and get confirmed 6 PM dinner. I will just have to wait and see how we like Club Class dining on our cruise.

• 9 months later...

We absolutely loved CC dining. Earlier in the year, we had anytime dining, and waited an average of 45 minutes for a table (unusual, but true on our cruise). CC was awesome: no wait, the same wonderful team every meal, and we usually had the special item, which could be customized to our preferences.

We just upgraded from regular mini suite to CC for our next cruise -prices dropped dramatically after final payment. Will do CC any time we can!

We absolutely loved CC dining. Earlier in the year, we had anytime dining, and waited an average of 45 minutes for a table (unusual, but true on our cruise). CC was awesome: no wait, the same wonderful team every meal, and we usually had the special item, which could be customized to our preferences.

We just upgraded from regular mini suite to CC for our next cruise -prices dropped dramatically after final payment. Will do CC any time we can!

I agree with Mia. If I am paying thousands already for a cruise ($4500-15,000) why in the world would anyone say an extra $10-60pp(I usually end up around $10-20pp)/day is not worth CC?(if you were planning to book a deluxe balcony or mini suite in the first place). I have 4 cruises booked now(first for me!) and three are in CC mini and one is a WS. I look forward to CC dining and love the location of my staterooms!

Pooh