Non-RCL shore excursion sugestions?

I posted a question about this a couple months ago, now that our cruise has been booked its time to get serious and book the shore excursions ;)

Our main reason for choosing this particular cruise is to climb Dunn's River Falls. Looking at the cost of the on-board excursions and y'alls suggestions led me to looking at "private" tours. Not only am I looking for suggestions for a company you have used in the past (or one to stay away from for that matter) I was wondering if there would be time to climb Dunn's River, go to Blue Hole and Secret Falls AND still have time to shop?

There are so many other places we want to see...need an overnight docking!

You might get more responses if you post your questions on the Jamaica Ports of Call, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

If you have an 8 hour port stop, it would be almost impossible to go to Dunn's River Falls, and the Blue Hole (they are in different areas of Jamaica) And, go shopping, LOL. You cold do 1 falls, or the other and shopping, and that would be about it. Have been to Jamaica multiple times, Dunn's River twice, the Blue Hole once, and shopping many times.

Not sure why "climbing a waterfall" is such a big deal..

If you went to Disney in the 80's, you might remember a ride called "The Wings of Man"...a ride through places you might go 'if you had wings'...there were some videos of people climbing the falls - my parents (on their honeymoon) could clearly be seen - my dad was the guy cringing at the cold water.

Fast forward to 1993 - my sister and her husband climbed the falls on their honeymoon. Now its 2017, and my husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary, and we are FINALLY getting our chance to climb the falls...

I recently lost my dad, so I make it a point to take advantage of every chance I get to feel a closeness to him. I like to think he will be looking down and smiling at us as we connect on this experience.

So, to me, climbing the waterfall is a big deal.

It's kind of like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, its just a hunk of metal. Or a picture holding up the leaning tower of Pisa. One of those things you just gotta do if you vacation there.

Is that a real question or a cynical dig? Because if it's the former I'll be happy to tell you why I've enjoyed it.

Another option (aside from the ports-of-call boards, which are a great place to get info), is Trip Advisor. You can go to the "Dunns River Falls" page or to "Ocho Rios" page and probably find people talking about excursions and tour companies as well as see the ratings they have. I love Trip Advisor and use it a lot more than Cruise Critic because I take more land vacations than cruises; it's basically the equivalent to cruise critic for land stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have an 8 hour port stop, it would be almost impossible to go to Dunn's River Falls, and the Blue Hole (they are in different areas of Jamaica) And, go shopping, LOL. You cold do 1 falls, or the other and shopping, and that would be about it. Have been to Jamaica multiple times, Dunn's River twice, the Blue Hole once, and shopping many times.

Actually Dunn's River & Blue Hole are only about 5 miles away from each other.

And yes, everything asked by the OP can be done in one ship day.......