Soda

sprigjoy

Our son doesn’t drink many sodas, but might enjoy one eachday. He mostly drinks sweet tea. Can we pay alacarte for the occasional sodafor him? Or use our UBP for a soda forhim? I am hoping we don’t need the SodaPackage for what may be 5-7 sodas. If Ido need to get it, is there a cost benefit to purchasing before the cruise? Thanks!

You aren't SUPPOSED to get drinks for someone else using your UBP if they don't have one themselves but to be honest, no one is going to care about a single soda here or there.

Let your conscience be your guide. ;)

I think NCL would beg to differ about your statement of "no one is going to care". Maybe you meant no one will find out. Either way just pay the $2.50 for an occasional soda. Could you image how embarrassing it would be to get caught trying to scam NCL out of $2.50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can purchase individual drinks.

If your son is in your cabin, you are required to get the soda package for him if you are getting the UBP. If he is not, I would simply pay for the sodas a la cart.

That is only true is the package is purchased. If the package is a perk, others in the cabin are not required to get a matching perk.

We used to order them a la carte - 12 oz. can - 2 years ago, still under $3 with 15% added. Last Spring, it've gone over $3 with 18% and came in a glass w. ice, no cans. Still cheaper than buying the "package" if DS is likely going to drink 1/2 doz. or so for the duration.

Bring an insulated tall mug, those flavored water aren't too bad ... along with unsweetened ice tea & lemonade, all free at the buffet.

Yes, you can purchase individual drinks.

If your son is in your cabin, you are required to get the soda package for him if you are getting the UBP. If he is not, I would simply pay for the sodas a la cart.

If you r getting the UBP as a 'perk' there's no requirement to get your son the soda package.

While I certainly wouldn't go out of your way to 'sneak' your son free sodas; in my experience if I asked for a soda they glanced at my card and handed me one. It's entirely possible the bartenders/waiters won't charge the sodas if u r w ur son.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think NCL would beg to differ about your statement of "no one is going to care". Maybe you meant no one will find out. Either way just pay the $2.50 for an occasional soda. Could you image how embarrassing it would be to get caught trying to scam NCL out of $2.50?

It's a soda that cost NCL about five cents at the most out of the fountain tap. They aren't buying shots of Jose. It's not a big deal. No one is going to confront them.

It's a soda that cost NCL about five cents at the most out of the fountain tap. They aren't buying shots of Jose. It's not a big deal. No one is going to confront them.

So you are condoning stealing. Good to know.