Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Just booked the Inaugural Sailing yesterday! Aft Penthouse deck 11. Saw a cabin tour of Suite 11312 from the Escape and the deck looked huge. Any thoughts about changing to another deck if one becomes available? Thank you for any responses!

Do you prefer the master bathroom with a balcony view (what you currently have) or the master bedroom with a balcony view and 2nd access door to the balcony?

Did anyone else notice that the Observation Lounge will have complementary food and a bar??

Take time to relax with a complimentary bite to eat morning, noon and night. Interactive screens will help identify every incredible view, whether the glaciers of Alaska or the pristine beaches of The Caribbean. And with a full-service bar, you can toast colorful sunsets with your favorite cocktail.

I suspect I will be on a first name basis with the bartenders in that lounge. My cabin is right down the hall from it.

Apparently Godiva is big in China? The Joy has a retail area dedicated to Godiva, and it possibly replaced the bake shop?

33d93821d9dc44e66f196c9c46e7c0f9.jpg

Possibly a one-off for that market, or maybe there's a new relationship in the works?

:o WOW! That's like me going to my local mall and walking into the Godiva store there!

I sort of wondered (and I never looked at Joy's deck plans since I won't be going on her), only because if you watch The Profit on CNBC (or Hulu streaming), I was floored when he told the family running Zoe's that he had set up an interview with NCL for them to push their product. You see them and Marcus (the host) on the Escape and the NCL execs in charge of whatever department that would be were trying out the product and quite pleased. NCL hinted the contract wouldn't be fleetwide, so it made me wonder if they were talking about the Escape, Getaway, Breakaway and possibly the Bliss. After watching the show, I'm kind of curious as to what Zoe's is like. I can always buy Godiva here at home! :D

Hi Back Stephen,

And thank you for the reply. I haven't looked it up either (too much multitasking [emoji846]), but I'm

at the Gold level, so if it is platinum and above, that's the reason why I haven't seen Godiva in my cabin. But yes, if the contract with Zoe's did follow-thru as we saw on the show, that'll be quite a boom for a small business. Thanks again. Much appreciated!

Tina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tina,

NCL gave out chocolates under the past Latitudes program. You would get the little 4 piece box of Godiva chocolates, which were very good, at the Gold level. With the new program that started in Feb they dropped the chocolates along with ship pins. Two items I miss. One plus is now all Latitude members get a bottle of champagne, something that was reserved only for Platinum under the old program.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tina,

NCL gave out chocolates under the past Latitudes program. You would get the little 4 piece box of Godiva chocolates, which were very good, at the Gold level. With the new program that started in Feb they dropped the chocolates along with ship pins. Two items I miss. One plus is now all Latitude members get a bottle of champagne, something that was reserved only for Platinum under the old program.

It was nice getting the sparkling wine on the Escape! And it's hard when you're used to one thing, then lose it. [emoji853] I've seen those pins on Ebay and I know what they mean to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you prefer the master bathroom with a balcony view (what you currently have) or the master bedroom with a balcony view and 2nd access door to the balcony?

Thank you for the response. The floorplan of the stateroom is great. Would there be any advantage to changing to a higher deck (12-15) if an aft penthouse became available?

Thank you for the response. The floorplan of the stateroom is great. Would there be any advantage to changing to a higher deck (12-15) if an aft penthouse became available?

If you prefer the one that you saw on Escape (11312) and like the "master-bath with a view", the ONLY choices for the H6 are decks 11 and 14 (known as Configuration B). Between those 2 decks, the balcony size is nearly identical. If I was to choose between decks 11 and 14, I'd stay in deck 11.

If you prefer the master bedroom with 2nd access door to the balcony, take any deck other than 11 or 14.

If you don't care about the master-bed/master bathroom configuration and care more about balcony size, I'd go for deck 12 or deck 9 as they are the 2nd largest and largest, respectively (I also prefer Configuration A which 9 and 12 both are)..

If location is important, I'd take something roughly in the middle to avoid noise from above and still have a great view. If you prefer being near the water, 9 is the best because it is closest to the water and is the largest balcony.

Feel free to shoot any more questions if you have them.

Wow, that's exciting. Not far from my cabin either. Could be my favorite place other than a lounge chair. :cool:

I suspect I will be on a first name basis with the bartenders in that lounge. My cabin is right down the hall from it.

If you prefer the one that you saw on Escape (11312) and like the "master-bath with a view", the ONLY choices for the H6 are decks 11 and 14 (known as Configuration B). Between those 2 decks, the balcony size is nearly identical. If I was to choose between decks 11 and 14, I'd stay in deck 11.

If you prefer the master bedroom with 2nd access door to the balcony, take any deck other than 11 or 14.

If you don't care about the master-bed/master bathroom configuration and care more about balcony size, I'd go for deck 12 or deck 9 as they are the 2nd largest and largest, respectively (I also prefer Configuration A which 9 and 12 both are)..

If location is important, I'd take something roughly in the middle to avoid noise from above and still have a great view. If you prefer being near the water, 9 is the best because it is closest to the water and is the largest balcony.

Feel free to shoot any more questions if you have them.

You could not have stated the detail any better than this. Thank you!!!

There are no cabanas in Vibe on Escape. I would doubt they will be there on Bliss. We like Vibe much better without those in the way of the forward view and taking up so much space.

Without the cabanas VIBE seems like a huge waste of money. it looks like the same size or even smaller than the public sun deck next to it. it even shares the same bar.

There are no cabanas in Vibe on Escape. I would doubt they will be there on Bliss. We like Vibe much better without those in the way of the forward view and taking up so much space.

Didn't realize that, so thanks for the information. We've been on both ships several times, but guess we've only seen the cabanas when walking through Vibe on Getaway. We normally book Haven and use the courtyard. But due to pricing in Alaska, we are trying a mini suite. So, we were hoping to get a cabana for some reserved space. Darn, but oh well ... the Observation Lounge should be a great place to hang out! Thanks again for the information.

Bugger, I was looking forward to the Texas BBQ until I read 'Live Country Music'.... 🤦*♀️

The thought of a yeehaw jamboree while trying to enjoy a meal sounds terrible... [emoji86][emoji86][emoji86] reminds me of those god-awful bears at Disney...

Let's hope they offer a take out service...

Hopefully, the volume of the music will be background mood so we can still talk at dinner. Nightclub loud would ruin the experience. BTW, I don't see a separate space for the Prohibition Musical Happy Hour, but perhaps the Q TX BBQ stage for music with dinner will be where the show is held. It would explain why Q is in the same place as Illusionarium/Supper Club of the sister ships, as well as why Prohibition is a daytime tasting, not a dinner show. Anybody have insight?

Hopefully, the volume of the music will be background mood so we can still talk at dinner. Nightclub loud would ruin the experience. BTW, I don't see a separate space for the Prohibition Musical Happy Hour, but perhaps the Q TX BBQ stage for music with dinner will be where the show is held. It would explain why Q is in the same place as Illusionarium/Supper Club of the sister ships, as well as why Prohibition is a daytime tasting, not a dinner show. Anybody have insight?

I believe the Prohibition Happy hour was to be in Alibi comedy club as a scheduled show. From the original press relief on that and Jersey boys

Steph

Has anyone noticed the new rendering for the Haven deck 17 no longer includes the white space that everyone thought initially was the larger balcony? Do you all still believe the larger balconies are on 17?

CoffeeGoddess is spotting 7 possible covered cabanas along the back wall...

b4d7e1e47d82e847827612681afbaafc.jpg

bce7940849d538a1397b2f124012df3a.jpg

Awesome catch from CoffeeGoddess! Totally missed that hint in the side of the picture, so thanks so much! We hope they are rentals and not first-come, first-served.

Also, I looked yesterday for the deck explorer you've used above but didn't find it with the reveal renderings (https://ncl.app.box.com/s/c4au4g0w1fmzy2clxt417hrr1s3h9o9s). Anybody have a direct link?

I believe the Prohibition Happy hour was to be in Alibi comedy club as a scheduled show. From the original press relief on that and Jersey boys

Steph

Thanks for the reminder, Steph; you are correct! I re-read press release and blog printouts in our file tonight. It says Prohibition is in the comedy club select evenings as a happy hour pre-dinner show and once each cruise as a late night adults-only show.

But, did you also notice the comedy club is labeled Social on the latest deck plan?

Also, for the main theatre (in addition to Jersey boys), there was mention of a 2nd musical about Cuban culture. Anybody have more on that?

Edited by FellowCollector
typo

Also, I looked yesterday for the deck explorer you've used above but didn't find it with the reveal renderings. Anybody have a direct link?

Are you referring to the top deck with the magnifying glass links? If so, there's not much behind it, and it can be found on this page..

http://www.bliss.ncl.com/the_Ship

Are you referring to the top deck with the magnifying glass links? If so, there's not much behind it, and it can be found on this page..

http://www.bliss.ncl.com/the_Ship

Thanks; I wasn't scrolling down; I was just clicking on Deck Plans on the Meet the Ship header. But, yeah, now I see what I thought would be more pictures and information is just the shell for what will hopefully be added later.