Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Love the changes as compared to the Escape. I'm booked on the first Alaska sailing June 2, 2018......booked an outside overlooking the bow on deck 13. Now that I have seen the changes in the layout which I think are great, thought a warm Caribbean cruise would be in order. So I called NCL and booked a second cruise on Jan 12, 2019 an eastern Caribbean cruise...in a solo cabin. I need to buy stock in NCL ������

Tom

Finally someone booked the same cruise as my husband and I!!! We are sailing 1/12/19 in an aft balcony on deck 9!!! We're pretty excited!!!:)

Drive down to FL.

Bliss will spend the winter sailing out of Miami (Eastern Caribbean).

Or take the train (Amtrak) I plan on taking the train in Jan. 2019. Albany to Penn Station, NYC then Penn Station to Miami. Arrive the night before as the train runs late often.

I'm looking at a Bliss Haven courtyard penthouse. What do you experts think the difference is between those on 18 and those on 17? I'm a newbie and can't tell anything by looking at deck plans.

18 has the sundeck over you - rather than cabins - if your sensitive to noise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm looking at a Bliss Haven courtyard penthouse. What do you experts think the difference is between those on 18 and those on 17? I'm a newbie and can't tell anything by looking at deck plans.

It depends on where you are.

Size-wise, there isn't really a difference. 17126/17726 may have a wider balcony than the other H5s (not counting the HC H5) if deck 17 mirrors Escape.There could be more early morning noise on deck 18 as the crew cleans/sets up the sundeck on deck 19 but since it is Haven only for the most part on deck 19 forward, it should be more quiet than staying on Escape deck 18 port side (public sundeck on 19 there).

Some people want to be on the same deck as the courtyard, some do not. Some don't want to be near the restaurant. It's really a personal choice.

I was worried that the courtyard would be noisy? Is that wrong? As you all can tell, I know nothing! Thanks to all willing to put up with my ignorance and provide answers!!

Perhaps - during the day. But it is not a noise concern early in the morning or in the evening, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was worried that the courtyard would be noisy? Is that wrong? As you all can tell, I know nothing! Thanks to all willing to put up with my ignorance and provide answers!!

Whether or not the Haven Courtyard is noisy depends on who is onboard that sailing. We've stayed in Haven multiple times on Escape, Getaway, and Epic. The area is typically pretty quiet when we're there from lunch to dinner. Only on one sailing were there 2 young unsupervised kids taking over the very small pool, but they weren't screaming and splashing if that's what you're imaging.

Also, if you weren't aware, on the newer builds, the cabins are off the courtyard in a hallway. There is glass surrounding the entire courtyard. So, you can see from the hallway, but noise is buffered. If it is a concern, look at the deck plans and choose a stateroom away from the access doors (which is probably across from 17706, 18706/4/2, 18102, and 18118). Hope that helps!

Like the NYC to Miami gap, it might be for Travel agents etc.

They cannot go US port to US port without having another country on the itinerary.

Steph

Yes this is correct. This is always only for travel agents. I was on the one for Escape in 2016 for 2 nights before ut was offical available for passengers for a cruise from Hamburg.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Forums mobile app

On Escapes inaugural crossing we had fabulous shows and acts ..every night .A fellow artist invited to perform only performed once as they had so many acts they could not squeeze him in till last evening ....many surprise many great, great shows ..I hope Bliss will be the same ...i know i,m going for that reason ..we will not sit in the sun ...not in april Notrth Atlantic ..think brrrrr ..probably rain in azores not exactly warm in April in Halifax ...so shows are main attraction

If they are as good as on Escape we are in on quite a treat

There was one show on Escape whivh did not continue in Caribbean ...lots of singers and dancser with fabulous costumes ...i cannot remember the name ,,,.

It was great but too expensive to run long term

I met some of the cast ..complimented the ladies on their gorgeous gowns which they told me cost 10000$ each plus neede a full time seamstress to resew sequins regularly ...it was a spectacular show ...Im glad we got to see it

So what are the plans for Bliss as they will be an important part of first crossing

Michele

MarieBd and I were also on the Escape inaugural. In fact, we did both the initial cruise from Hamburg and then the T/A. Also didmthe cabin crawl, meet n greet, sail away. Were you at birthday party dinner the one night? Looking forward to meeting you again.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Forums mobile app

Yes this is correct. This is always only for travel agents. I was on the one for Escape in 2016 for 2 nights before ut was offical available for passengers for a cruise from Hamburg.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Forums mobile app

This is great news, as I could probably swing it to be my TA's +1. How does one find out if this is intact what they are doing with that chunk of time?

Edited by Caribbean Drifters
misspell

Just watched the video of the Bliss http://www.bliss.ncl.com/

No thanks!

A race track? They cannot be serious. We sailed on the Getaway and the major complaint from me was that the pool deck was far too small, crowded and noisy. There was nowhere you could go to layout, have a dip, read a book and relax. If the 50 foot TV wasn't blaring non-stop, there was something else going on. They crammed so much in on that pool deck that I hardly spent any time up there. And now they're putting a race track up there? And yeah I know, I can pay extra and go into an area set aside from all this but I shouldn't have to pay extra for a nice pool deck with space and a bit of an area where relaxation isn't at a premium. Say what you want about RCL but they know how to design a pool deck - same with Princess. Lots of places on both their lines for a relaxing day at sea while at the same time providing activities around the pool area. I may sound like an old man (I'm far from that) but you can have lots of activity around a pool while also giving people an opportunity to relax and enjoy a nice day at sea. The race tracks and water slides, crammed into a small, finite spot is not an enticing place to spend a relaxing day at sea.

First time we sailed on NCL it was on the Pearl and I was a bit hesitant but I enjoyed it. The Getaway, not so much. This ship? Its the Getaway on steroids. Maybe race tracks and huge water slides belong on Disney.

Pass.

This ship? Its the Getaway on steroids.

It's more like the Escape on steroids... which is precisely why many (most?) of us are THRILLED with the direction.

Specific to the go-karts - I believe they're occupying the same footprint previously held by the ropes course, so I don't see an impact to the pool deck. But there are several enhancements to the pool-deck area itself - so there is the possibility for an improved experience there.

There's certainly nothing right-or-wrong with what ships we gravitate toward!

Just watched the video of the Bliss http://www.bliss.ncl.com/

No thanks!

A race track? They cannot be serious. We sailed on the Getaway and the major complaint from me was that the pool deck was far too small, crowded and noisy. There was nowhere you could go to layout, have a dip, read a book and relax. If the 50 foot TV wasn't blaring non-stop, there was something else going on. They crammed so much in on that pool deck that I hardly spent any time up there. And now they're putting a race track up there? And yeah I know, I can pay extra and go into an area set aside from all this but I shouldn't have to pay extra for a nice pool deck with space and a bit of an area where relaxation isn't at a premium. Say what you want about RCL but they know how to design a pool deck - same with Princess. Lots of places on both their lines for a relaxing day at sea while at the same time providing activities around the pool area. I may sound like an old man (I'm far from that) but you can have lots of activity around a pool while also giving people an opportunity to relax and enjoy a nice day at sea. The race tracks and water slides, crammed into a small, finite spot is not an enticing place to spend a relaxing day at sea.

First time we sailed on NCL it was on the Pearl and I was a bit hesitant but I enjoyed it. The Getaway, not so much. This ship? Its the Getaway on steroids. Maybe race tracks and huge water slides belong on Disney.

Pass.

Thanks for your opinion negative nancy.

Personally, I have no interest in hanging out by a pool on a ship. We always book a cabin with a balcony sufficient for laying out in the peace and quiet - reading a book or snoozing.

So, they can fill the top deck with even more stuff (eliminate the pool entirely) and I'd be OK with that. :)

Tom

The side by side of GA/BA and Bliss pool decks is great! Really looks like a vast improvement over the area! I loved that the Escape stacked the bars - made for more space by the pool - but this is a very dramatic opening up of the space!

I may even spend some time in the pool in 500 days or so.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk