How do we fix this?

QuakerBoy

By using this method, you can quote as many comments as you want in just one post. Whereas the forum only gives the option to multi-quote twice.

I was certain you were wrong about this, then I actually tried it! This must be a bug. I still think I USED to be able to multi-quote more than twice.....

Mike

Thanks for clarification of "+. neat.

However Quote and Reply in bottom right of comment seem to do the same thing and as shown above includes the OP and your comment. The 'Post Reply' box includes the OP. I clicked "+ and it just changed to "- - don't see how to use it.

I had to play around with this some to figure it out... looks like the multi-quote/+ just acts as a selection. Click it for the posts you want to quote - it changes the button color on my screen to let me know which ones I clicked on - and then once you've selected them all, click the Quote button on any of the posts. It will start a reply for you that includes all those posts that you 'selected' using the +.

I only tried two in my testing - so I cannot confirm or deny the other poster's comment about the limit being two posts in the current multi-quote.

I have always used the other approach of starting one reply with a quote, copying the quoted text from that, canceling that one and then going to the other post I want to quote, and in the new quoted reply, paste the other one I copied. If I wanted to quote more than two, I just copied the two that I now had, and cancelled, went the next post, quoted that, pasted the previous copied info, ... wash, rinse, repeat. It took a little time, but I rarely needed to quote multiples - so never an issue for me. I am going to have to play around with the + to test it's limits :)

SaveSave

This is test... just quoted four posts using the multi-quote (+) to select them all...and it looks like it only included 2 - so apparently there is now a limit! :o

"+ let's you quote multiple posts in your reply.

I understand the initial complaint, how many times do we see a response include multiple pictures and the only comment is 'Thanks' !

I am a bit puzzled - the 'quote' and 'reply' seem to do the same thing - in the previous format didn't 'reply' not include the prior post ?

I like the 'Quick Reply' at the end of the thread and see it includes an option to 'quote'. Seems to make Quote and Reply redundant except you have to go to end of thread to see it right ?

OK I see 'Quick Reply' is at the end of each page.

What does "+ do ?

SaveSave

I still think I USED to be able to multi-quote more than twice.....

This is test... just quoted four posts using the multi-quote (+) to select them all...and it looks like it only included 2 - so apparently there is now a limit! :o

There's been a 2-quote limit since I joined CC and probably further back than that. As others have explained here, it's easy to add additional ones if you so choose.

I agree with you that it is annoying and it does take up time and space. Maybe a moderator could explain that at the beginning of a thread or if you are on a Roll Call that you read every day.

More annoying to me is someone who has posted their cruises for the past twenty years and it takes up tons of space and they only say "good morning" or "good night" on their long page. How do we get them to stop?

This has been an interesting thread. Thanks for posting!

Just click on the "View First Unread Post" at the beginning of the thread

This doesn't work if you use different computers or if your cookies were cleared since the last visit. Not everyone is using the same device every time they visit.

More annoying to me is someone who has posted their cruises for the past twenty years and it takes up tons of space and they only say "good morning" or "good night" on their long page. How do we get them to stop?

This has been an interesting thread. Thanks for posting!

You can disabled others signatures so that you do not see them. ;)

I was certain you were wrong about this, then I actually tried it! This must be a bug. I still think I USED to be able to multi-quote more than twice.....

Mike

This is test... just quoted four posts using the multi-quote (+) to select them all...and it looks like it only included 2 - so apparently there is now.

Yes, and no bug. And as mentioned by Fouremco we used to be able to quote more than two, but have not been able to for at least a couple of years.