MSC Inaugural(ish) cruises

bombomba

Hello! I'm new to posting here, but have been lurking for a while.

We have the Seaview booked, while not for the inaugural cruise, within a month of it. We're pretty new to cruising (only a short RCCL one many years ago and a Disney one more recently) and have never been on a very new ship. I'm a little obsessive and like to know what to expect - so I'm hoping for some historical knowledge?

How has MSC been in the past with brand new ships in regards to having things running smoothly by the first sailing, or cancelling first sailings?

Thank you!

Very good question! Sailing on Meraviglia in 12 weeks time - she'll be less than 2 weeks old then so it'll be interesting to hear from those who've experienced MSC new-builds before. Failing that, at least you'll get reports from those of us who are early cruisers on both Meraviglia and Seaside.

Hello! I'm new to posting here, but have been lurking for a while.

We have the Seaview booked, while not for the inaugural cruise, within a month of it. We're pretty new to cruising (only a short RCCL one many years ago and a Disney one more recently) and have never been on a very new ship. I'm a little obsessive and like to know what to expect - so I'm hoping for some historical knowledge?

How has MSC been in the past with brand new ships in regards to having things running smoothly by the first sailing, or cancelling first sailings?

Thank you!

I've got the maiden voyage on Seaview booked I'll let you know next year;p:D

Very good question! Sailing on Meraviglia in 12 weeks time - she'll be less than 2 weeks old then so it'll be interesting to hear from those who've experienced MSC new-builds before. Failing that, at least you'll get reports from those of us who are early cruisers on both Meraviglia and Seaside.

Looking forward to hearing reports of the Meraviglia! 3 new ships launched within one year...hopefully they'll have learned some things by the third one. :)

We sailed on the Divinia a few years ago, when she was pretty new. Had a few problems with the help not knowing where things were located. I can remember trying to find a free language lesson that was in a named room on 6th floor. No one knew it by that name, even people who worked in some of the shops/bars on that floor. Turns out it wasn't in a "room" but in a lounge area between the right & left sides. Just a small bump.

We sailed on the Divinia a few years ago, when she was pretty new. Had a few problems with the help not knowing where things were located. I can remember trying to find a free language lesson that was in a named room on 6th floor. No one knew it by that name, even people who worked in some of the shops/bars on that floor. Turns out it wasn't in a "room" but in a lounge area between the right & left sides. Just a small bump.

LOL .......... looking forward to being mis-directed around the ship in 11 weeks time - seems it'll be a case of "the blind leading the blind". :o

LOL .......... looking forward to being mis-directed around the ship in 11 weeks time - seems it'll be a case of "the blind leading the blind". :o

With a cocktail in hand Bea, with a cocktail [emoji484]

[emoji16]

The one year delayed opening (or possibly longer) of Ocean Caye was a bitter pill to swallow since it was a primary reason for us to sail on the Seaside. But, with the reasonable cost of the YC inside cabin, combined with the 400 in OBC and discounted rate by booking two years in advance, we decided not to cancel.

Looking forward to the ship within a ship concept at a rate much cheaper than what NCL charges for the Haven

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app