Has RCL also gone to the cabin card slot to get cabin power turned on,yet?

Just off the Carnival Magic and see where ( and I guess this fleet wide for them) that when you want your lights turned on you have to insert a card (doesn't matter what kind of card it is, as long as it's the size of a credit card) in a slot on the wall just inside your cabin door. My wife and I haven't sailed RCL since the Oasis in 2013 and I was wondering if RCL had also gone to the same system ?

Mac

Just off the Carnival Magic and see where ( and I guess this fleet wide for them) that when you want your lights turned on you have to insert a card (doesn't matter what kind of card it is, as long as it's the size of a credit card) in a slot on the wall just inside your cabin door. My wife and I haven't sailed RCL since the Oasis in 2013 and I was wondering if RCL had also gone to the same system ?

Mac

Our experience has been that the card on the wall was on Anthem. I believe that Harmony also has this same type of card entry.

Mac

Two posts for the same question?????

Mac

Harmony has it!!

The tricks you learn on here are priceless. I'll have to try the paper thing next time.

On my recent Anthem trip, I ended up getting a WOW band partly so that I could leave my card in the slot.

I'm not one to want to waste electricity when I'm not in the room but I'm also not one to want to fumble with light switches forever before remembering to put a card in the slot time and time again! It's just not a habit I'm used to.

Some rooms on Navigator had them.. I had a balcony cabin on deck 9 and there was no slot on the wall however my parents balcony cabin one deck down had the required slot to put a card in before they had lights. I found it very odd their room had it and ours didn't.

Some rooms on Navigator had them.. I had a balcony cabin on deck 9 and there was no slot on the wall however my parents balcony cabin one deck down had the required slot to put a card in before they had lights. I found it very odd their room had it and ours didn't.

That's very odd, I've never seen that on any Voyager class ship. I wonder if your parents had a stateroom that was recently added during the previous dry dock?

That's very odd, I've never seen that on any Voyager class ship. I wonder if your parents had a stateroom that was recently added during the previous dry dock?

That's the only thing I could think of as well. It was deck 8 towards the back

That's the only thing I could think of as well. It was deck 8 towards the back

I'm stumped, I just looked and thought I'd see some insides with virtual balconies, but there don't appear to be any of those on deck 8.