Best type of cabin for a family of five

lovetosew

Only the family suite can handle 5 persons. Max. in any other cabin is 2 to 4 depending on the configuration.

If you don't get the family suite you will need to book two cabins next to each other, one of which has the capacity for 3 persons. One adult must be booked in each cabin. Some ships have connecting cabins, you need to check the deck plans for the ship you wish to book. Deck plans are shown on the Princess.com site. Caribbean Princess is currently in dry dock adding connecting cabins. If that is your ship you need to call Princess as the web site will not be amended until after the dry dock.

Here is the text from the Princess Passage Contract

"For families or groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for at least one person in each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian."

I travelled with My Mum, Dad, Sister, my Hubby and my 4year old. We were on the Diamond and had two Mini suites.... Mum,Dad and my sister in one room and Hubby, son and I in the next room. We had a connecting balcony. - There was a door linking. Worked well.

RE: family suites. The other posters are right that it is the only single cabin that can hold five people, but they are not available on all ships. As per the cruise atlas I'm looking at, family suites are only on the Caribbean, Emerald, Ruby, Crown, Sapphire, Diamond, Golden, Grand, and Star.

You should also look into the cost. I recently asked for a quote for a family suite on the Sapphire for next year, also for five people. The first four people, all previous Princess cruisers, were each quoted the same price as persons 1 and 2 of a balcony room (so, the equivalent price wise of booking two balconies with two people per room). The fifth, not a Princess cruiser, was quoted the same as the third person of a balcony room. It would be far cheaper for us to get two interiors, which is fine for us since we don't spend much time in our rooms anyway.

RE: family suites. The other posters are right that it is the only single cabin that can hold five people, but they are not available on all ships. As per the cruise atlas I'm looking at, family suites are only on the Caribbean, Emerald, Ruby, Crown, Sapphire, Diamond, Golden, Grand, and Star.

You should also look into the cost. I recently asked for a quote for a family suite on the Sapphire for next year, also for five people. The first four people, all previous Princess cruisers, were each quoted the same price as persons 1 and 2 of a balcony room (so, the equivalent price wise of booking two balconies with two people per room). The fifth, not a Princess cruiser, was quoted the same as the third person of a balcony room. It would be far cheaper for us to get two interiors, which is fine for us since we don't spend much time in our rooms anyway.

They can hold up to 8. Yes they are very expensive.

Most of the time the FS is used for upgrades.