Carnival Victory Review 3/20-3/24

KYWEST1

Really enjoyed your review and pictures! It's been a long time since we were on the Victory, so glad to see she is still looking good. Sad about the man overboard. :(

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! :D

I just finished up with the last part of your review and wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading and love your pictures. The information you gave about Key West was great. DH and I would love to do a land vacation there someday. As many have commented, I feel really bad about the poor young man who went overboard. I have heard of it happening before but, thankfully, have never had that happen on any of our cruises. I can see where it would put a damper on things, just thinking about him, his family, and friends. We were on Glory in May 2010 and were in the comedy club when Punchliner's was just being introduced. On one of our last nights, someone came into the comedy club and walked right up to the comedian. The comedian stopped the show and asked for a woman and said if she was watching, she needed to go to guest services. We didn't think anything of it, maybe to straighten out a bill or something. Through the rest of the evening, they were paging this woman. Fortunately, happy ending. She had been in a spat w/significant other and was hiding and didn't go to guest services when being paged. Others mentioned that the ship was stopped and they had the spot lights looking into the water, even though there were no reports of someone overboard.

I'd love to go on Victory someday and some think her decor is tacky, but I love the ocean and I love her sea theme from pictures that I've seen. I know to watch out for the "biting seahorses" though. Have been warned by friends who sailed on Victory. I really had to laugh at your comments about the "Men's Hairy Chest Contest" as my DH, who is normally shy until you get to know him and also does not like to be the center of attention, became an unwilling participant in that contest on our last cruise. As they were looking for the last, and 7th volunteer, but no one came forward. A few of us were jokingly pointing at my DH, in a lounger, up on the 10th deck of Liberty. One of our other friends had already volunteered and was down there and saw us pointing at DH, went to the assistant CD and next thing you know he pointed in our direction and said "we have our 7th volunteer on Deck 10". :eek: DH was not amused but went down anyway, saying at that point he'd be more embarrassed if he didn't go down. I think he secretly enjoyed it though as he did have a big ole smile on his face. He came in 3rd out of the 7. And no, alcohol had no part in it...he had just gotten a bucket of beer, which the rest of us drank so it wouldn't get warm.

Thank you for taking the time to do a review, I know these things take time.

Thanks for your review of your Victory cruise. I sailed on a 5 day on her in 2015, and must say that I did like the "green" and sea theme decor. After the Liberty, I think Victory is my next favorite. I also like the size of that ship, as well as the Conquest class. I'm saddened to hear about the loss of life on your cruise, but think you and your daughter handled it in the best way you could, and made the most of your cruise that it could be under the circumstances. Thanks again for your review, and especially the photos. They bring back fond memories of my Victory cruise.

Great review!! Getting me soooo excited to go on. Sorry about what happened on the ship. Glad you had a great time. I always take advantage of the ship photographers for my son and I. He is 15 and barely ever get him in the same pic anymore!

Also, must say KYWest1, your dog could be a twin to mine. I was ever so fortunate to find my best buddy at my local humane society, and only know that she is a poodle mix. So, if I may ask you, what is your dog's ancestry? I have so far been offered by some friends, lasapoo, maltipoo, etc, but yours look so much like my dog, I am curious, though yours may well be a pure breed, just curious, thanks :)

Really enjoyed your review and pictures! It's been a long time since we were on the Victory, so glad to see she is still looking good. Sad about the man overboard. :(

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! :D

Thank you for the comment. The Victory is holding her own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the picture of you and your daughter, fantastic. Sorry your cruise had to end but enjoyed reading your review.

Thank you so much Janice. I wish the cruise didn't have the sad event, but I promised a review and wanted to write about our happier adventures. [emoji4]

It was nice to read about someone just having a good time on the cruise. Loved all the pics.

Thanks so much. I love cruising and really just try to have fun on any vacation. Life is too short to look for the negatives. [emoji4]

Looking at this cruise for my daughters 30th bday. Enjoying the review so far. How did you get from FLL to MIA after your flight?

I do not mean to interrupt here, but if you are flying into FLL the same day as the cruise, I just used MJS Transportation. $15 each way, however, it is a shared ride service, so with that said, you will be on a very clean, newer Mercedes van with other people going to the POM. I just came back from the same cruise yesterday and would recommend them.

Enjoy!

What a wonderful review and so much fun to read. The picture of you and your daughter is so beautiful. I hope you frame it!!

Thanks so much! That photographer was really good so I wanted to let people know who were sailing Victory soon. Definitely a framer!

I just finished up with the last part of your review and wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading and love your pictures. The information you gave about Key West was great. DH and I would love to do a land vacation there someday. As many have commented, I feel really bad about the poor young man who went overboard. I have heard of it happening before but, thankfully, have never had that happen on any of our cruises. I can see where it would put a damper on things, just thinking about him, his family, and friends. We were on Glory in May 2010 and were in the comedy club when Punchliner's was just being introduced. On one of our last nights, someone came into the comedy club and walked right up to the comedian. The comedian stopped the show and asked for a woman and said if she was watching, she needed to go to guest services. We didn't think anything of it, maybe to straighten out a bill or something. Through the rest of the evening, they were paging this woman. Fortunately, happy ending. She had been in a spat w/significant other and was hiding and didn't go to guest services when being paged. Others mentioned that the ship was stopped and they had the spot lights looking into the water, even though there were no reports of someone overboard.

Thank you for taking the time to do a review, I know these things take time.

And thank you for taking the time to post such a nice response. It makes me feel like it was worth the effort when I hear from those reading it that they enjoyed my review!

Your husband is a great sport and I love seeing the guys up there who didn't really want to do it at first. The crowd is always supportive and grateful that somebody has the guts to get up there.

Definitely take that trip to Key West. It's a really fun place. You can drive down from Miami if flying directly in is too costly, but you don't need a car once you're there, so take that into account when you're price comparing the drive vs direct flight.

I thought the Victory decor was really pretty as well. I never understood how you could call any cruse ship "tacky" but that's just me. :)

Thanks for your review of your Victory cruise. I sailed on a 5 day on her in 2015, and must say that I did like the "green" and sea theme decor. After the Liberty, I think Victory is my next favorite. I also like the size of that ship, as well as the Conquest class. I'm saddened to hear about the loss of life on your cruise, but think you and your daughter handled it in the best way you could, and made the most of your cruise that it could be under the circumstances. Thanks again for your review, and especially the photos. They bring back fond memories of my Victory cruise.

Thank you so much for your kind response. We've sailed the Conquest & Freedom and we do love that class, but this was a fun change. We weren't crazy about the Dream class. I think it was because the Promenade was on the outside and the atrium seemed less than impressive.

Thanks again for your comments. :)

Great review!! Getting me soooo excited to go on. Sorry about what happened on the ship. Glad you had a great time. I always take advantage of the ship photographers for my son and I. He is 15 and barely ever get him in the same pic anymore!

Wow, your cruise is 3 weeks from today! How exciting...I'm so jealous! You're going to love having a balcony. Not sure if Andy will still be on the ship, but even if he isn't, you'll always find the fun people hanging out in the piano bar!

Have a great cruise and keep taking pictures until you get the perfect one. :)

Also, must say KYWest1, your dog could be a twin to mine. I was ever so fortunate to find my best buddy at my local humane society, and only know that she is a poodle mix. So, if I may ask you, what is your dog's ancestry? I have so far been offered by some friends, lasapoo, maltipoo, etc, but yours look so much like my dog, I am curious, though yours may well be a pure breed, just curious, thanks :)

We got him in June 2005 from a pet store (before we knew better and I always took the kids in to "look" after getting DQ next door). He is a poodle (so they say) but we keep him cut with the puppy face so he doesn't look like a poodle. His name is Cooper and we're all obsessed with him. In honor of Easter, I'll post one of my favorite picture of him. Don't judge. He lives to please me. [emoji23]

256e3924e462e2b3a225bf7fff31965a.jpg

One more of my baby (sorry)

b00e9017ffb4eb4954c2aa8c5e493246.jpg

Cooper looks more like a bichon/poodle mix to me. He's cute!

Most people think he's a Bichon. He probably has some in him.

Thanks [emoji4]