Bathrobes

Etexvrc

I'm not usually a bathrobe-wearing man, but the robes in our staterooms on both our cruises on the Star are WONDERFUL!

On our last trip to the West Indies on the Star, I joking told my wife that I was going to 'Accidentally' pack a robe to take home. Telling her they (Viking) can charge me what they want, It's worth it. But alas I was a good boy and didn't pack it. But we did photograph the label to research once we got home to purchase online.

My wife, who has a black-belt in shopping, was unsuccessful in that endeavor.

Maybe they were available for sell in the 'gift shop' onboard and I just didn't see them. But Viking, if you are listening, I for one would be interested in buying one.

If not, this is fair warning, when my wife and I disembark in Auckland in Dec. 2018, the ship will have one less bathrobe.

Anyone here ever check into this?

You can purchase bathrobes. There is a list of items for sale in the leather binder on the coffee tray. They are very nice robes.

Thanks. I don't remember a binder mentioning any items for sell.

This is on a 'ocean' ship? We have yet to sail on a river cruise. that comes this summer!

Thanks. I don't remember a binder mentioning any items for sell.

This is on a 'ocean' ship? We have yet to sail on a river cruise. that comes this summer!

There was a long sheet with prices for almost every item in the room should you want to purchase an item or take an item from the room. :cool:

And yes, it was on the Viking Sky.

There was a long sheet with prices for almost every item in the room should you want to purchase an item or take an item from the room. :cool:

And yes, it was on the Viking Sky.

Thanks! Wow, I never recall seeing anything like what you are describing on either of our cruises.

Currently on the Star and no price list in our cabin for anything other than spa services so I asked in guest services about purchasing a robe. I was told there is no price list as they are currently not selling the bathrobes however, while not given a price, I was told they could inquire with housekeeping if they had any available to sell.

Not sure what they meant but they did mention this ship had recently completed the Caribbean circuit and they were short on the bathrobes thus their not selling. Hmmm, so.....did many passengers buy the robes or as Etexvrc laughing says 'accidentally' pack them in their suitcases :)

I'd think if enough passengers inquired about buying, they might begin selling them in the gift shops at some point. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Returned from Med Odyssey March 5th and half way thru the cruise Viking delivered a letter to staterooms with a price list of the items; just in case one of them found their way into your luggage for the trip home. Didn't keep a copy of the letter, but the bathroom soap dish or tissue holder was $245!