NCL Bidding Process - Bid Range & Success Discussion Only Please

jhigg93761

Not EXACTLY what you're looking for but may help give ppl an idea of what it looks like...

I'm currently in a balcony midship (BA category) since apparently the room you're booked in determines your upsell offers.

H2 and H3 range 1500-3000. 1500-1770 is poor, 1780-2070 is fair, 2080-2390 is good, 2400-2720 is strong and 2730-3000 is excellent.

H4 is 1000-2750. 1000-1370 is poor, 1380-1770 is fair, 1780-2180 is good, 2190-2490 is strong and 2500-2750 is excellent.

H5 and H7 is almost the same at 500-2000.

500-820 is poor, 830-1190 is fair for H5 but H7 is 830-1200 for fair and 1210-1580 for good and the H5 is 1200-1580 for good (I double checked it and don't know why there's a $10 difference between the 2). 1590-1810 is strong for both and 1820-2000 is excellent.

H6 is 800-2500.

800-1160 is poor, 1170-1560 is fair, 1570-1980 is good, 1990-2270 is strong and 2280-2500 is excellent.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Brat81978

Except I don't know her sail date...so what she bid doesn't change anything. This is a good idea and ppl shouldn't knock it. This is a whole new process and ppl are going to want to talk about it.

Which is akin to discussing your cards with the other poker players at the table. Not the smartest move one could make

Which is akin to discussing your cards with the other poker players at the table. Not the smartest move one could make

Wrong. I could be sitting at a completely different table, in which case her cards have no bearing on my hand. If no one knows where she's sitting her cards have nothing to do with theirs.

Wrong. I could be sitting at a completely different table, in which case her cards have no bearing on my hand. If no one knows where she's sitting her cards have nothing to do with theirs.

The example specifically mention people sitting at the same table. Are you so desperate for an argument that you're willing to change the example just so you can cry "wrong"?

Troll alert.

The example specifically mention people sitting at the same table. Are you so desperate for an argument that you're willing to change the example just so you can cry "wrong"?

Troll alert.

No and far from a troll but looking at your replies to everything you are saltier than the Atlantic Ocean. If you have such an issue with this thread why are you even on it? Seems trollish to me...

• Like 1

No and far from a troll but looking at your replies to everything you are saltier than the Atlantic Ocean. If you have such an issue with this thread why are you even on it? Seems trollish to me...

Well, I was here commenting on the topic long before you decided to pop in and see if you could just post some nonsense simply to try to push buttons.

FWIW..The poster I replied to is on the April 29th Sailing of the Gem. The fact that YOU can't tell what sailing someone is on does not mean that others have the same failing.

In any case, it can never be shown that it is smart to reveal your bid in a public auction...it only serves to drive up the price for everyone.

Well, I was here commenting on the topic long before you decided to pop in and see if you could just post some nonsense simply to try to push buttons.

FWIW..The poster I replied to is on the April 29th Sailing of the Gem. The fact that YOU can't tell what sailing someone is on does not mean that others have the same failing.

In any case, it can never be shown that it is smart to reveal your bid in a public auction...it only serves to drive up the price for everyone.

I agree. Why are you on a thread whose title is 'Bid Range and Success' if you don't care to discuss either? You have made rude comments to several people on here looking for information. If they want to share that information, they can. You are not the boss of them. So, quit telling people what to do and find another topic to post on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not EXACTLY what you're looking for but may help give ppl an idea of what it looks like...

I'm currently in a balcony midship (BA category) since apparently the room you're booked in determines your upsell offers.

H2 and H3 range 1500-3000. 1500-1770 is poor, 1780-2070 is fair, 2080-2390 is good, 2400-2720 is strong and 2730-3000 is excellent.

H4 is 1000-2750. 1000-1370 is poor, 1380-1770 is fair, 1780-2180 is good, 2190-2490 is strong and 2500-2750 is excellent.

H5 and H7 is almost the same at 500-2000.

500-820 is poor, 830-1190 is fair for H5 but H7 is 830-1200 for fair and 1210-1580 for good and the H5 is 1200-1580 for good (I double checked it and don't know why there's a $10 difference between the 2). 1590-1810 is strong for both and 1820-2000 is excellent.

H6 is 800-2500.

800-1160 is poor, 1170-1560 is fair, 1570-1980 is good, 1990-2270 is strong and 2280-2500 is excellent.

Hope this helps!

THANK YOU - This was very helpful to me in understanding, we do not sail until August, therefore I have not yet had the pleasure of an invite, of what the "Bid Board" would look like. We are in an Inside Stateroom as we spend little time in the Room, therefore, I would consider a bid if the opportunity is there for an Ocean View, and or Balcony. Thank you again for these details, they were very helpful

I agree. Why are you on a thread whose title is 'Bid Range and Success' if you don't care to discuss either? You have made rude comments to several people on here looking for information. If they want to share that information, they can. You are not the boss of them. So, quit telling people what to do and find another topic to post on.

But I am here, and I am discussing exactly what is in the title...again, that revealing your bid range is a sure fire path away from success. Get it?

"So quit telling people what to do"? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Physician, heal thyself.

People will continue to share their information and you will continue to tell them not to. Good luck. You must have a boring life.

At least my advice is based in sound logic and not snarky and followed by lame personal insults like what you posted above.

But you go right ahead. Tell everyone your bid was in the "Good" range so they all know where they have to bid to win out over you. You'll figure it out.

Eventually.

I agree with SeaShark's reasoning in this. However, if you don't want to be "told what to do", then by all means post your bid and sail date info and I'll be happy to outbid you by $5 if I happen to be on the same cruise with the same options...but I won't post about it here so that you can raise your bid or someone can then bid $5 more than I bid.

• Like 1

Heres the information for our cruise. We are booked through CAS on the Dawn to Bermuda June 2nd. We were comped 2 OV rooms and chose to upgrade them to midship balconies so we paid about $1500 for 3 people in 1 balcony. We got offers to bid on everything from a mini to the 3 bedroom garden villa. Here's the breakdown.

Mini-suite $25-400pp

Family suite $300-1500pp

Aft Penthouse $500-2000pp

Forward penthouse $750-2500pp

Family suite with Balcony $800-2500pp

2 bed family suite $1000-2750pp

Owners suite with double balcony $1500-3000pp

Deluxe owners suite $1000-2750pp

3 bedroom garden villa $1750-6000pp

Keep in mind only the first 2 guests are charged. Also, most of these max bids are over what it would cost you to call right now and pay for an upgrade. And if you did that, you would get all the promos that are offered with the suite. You don't get those promos when you bid on an upgrade. You keep what you already have.

The only upgrade bid that would still be cheaper than paying to upgrade ahead of time is the 3 bedroom garden villa.

I agree with SeaShark's reasoning in this. However, if you don't want to be "told what to do", then by all means post your bid and sail date info and I'll be happy to outbid you by $5 if I happen to be on the same cruise with the same options...but I won't post about it here so that you can raise your bid or someone can then bid $5 more than I bid.

Go ahead. Here it is. And people have posted on here that they have bid more than someone else and didn't win. So, good luck.

At least my advice is based in sound logic and not snarky and followed by lame personal insults like what you posted above.

But you go right ahead. Tell everyone your bid was in the "Good" range so they all know where they have to bid to win out over you. You'll figure it out.

Eventually.

Sound logic. Because you know everything about NCL's upgrade advantage program and how they award bids? And you insult people all the time but now your feelings are hurt?

Heres the information for our cruise. We are booked through CAS on the Dawn to Bermuda June 2nd. We were comped 2 OV rooms and chose to upgrade them to midship balconies so we paid about $1500 for 3 people in 1 balcony. We got offers to bid on everything from a mini to the 3 bedroom garden villa. Here's the breakdown.

Mini-suite $25-400pp

Family suite $300-1500pp

Aft Penthouse $500-2000pp

Forward penthouse $750-2500pp

Family suite with Balcony $800-2500pp

2 bed family suite $1000-2750pp

Owners suite with double balcony $1500-3000pp

Deluxe owners suite $1000-2750pp

3 bedroom garden villa $1750-6000pp

Keep in mind only the first 2 guests are charged. Also, most of these max bids are over what it would cost you to call right now and pay for an upgrade. And if you did that, you would get all the promos that are offered with the suite. You don't get those promos when you bid on an upgrade. You keep what you already have.

The only upgrade bid that would still be cheaper than paying to upgrade ahead of time is the 3 bedroom garden villa.

Thank You , we are also sailing Comped with CAS, so this information is super informative - I am extremely grateful for your post

Sound logic. Because you know everything about NCL's upgrade advantage program and how they award bids? And you insult people all the time but now your feelings are hurt?

Well, I don't portend to know everything, but then I don't comment on everything either. FWIW...care to explain and show examples of how knowing one person's bid can help another person...especially given that the cabin availability, pricing, etc varies so greatly from one sailing to the next?? Or better yet, please go back to Post #33 and explain just how knowing the bid ranges for Haven cabins in April can be helpful to emtthomas in bidding on an Oceanview or Balcony cabin in August.

BTW...Nobody was insulted (nice snark and lame attempt with the insult on my feelings, btw...I see your playbook is fairly thin), as a matter of fact nobody was even having this discussion. This thread stopped dead for nearly two weeks until someone dug it out (see post #25) and revived it by quoting someone in a provocative manner just to make an incorrect point. Had that post not been made, then NONE of the posts following would have been made either.

Oh, I forgot. I bid $5000pp on the garden villa. It's still cheaper than the $17000 it would have cost me outright. So, make sure your bid is higher. ;)

We're 3 pages into this thread and I don't think anyone has answered the question posed by OP. Can people please just post IF their bid was accepted or rejected, and the terms of the bid? It's frustrating going through all of these upgrade threads without gaining any substantive information on what bids were successful or not. Thanks.

THANK YOU - This was very helpful to me in understanding, we do not sail until August, therefore I have not yet had the pleasure of an invite, of what the "Bid Board" would look like. We are in an Inside Stateroom as we spend little time in the Room, therefore, I would consider a bid if the opportunity is there for an Ocean View, and or Balcony. Thank you again for these details, they were very helpful

You're welcome! Keep in mind these are Haven prices... if you have an inside cabin you will most likely be offered oceanview and balcony, and the range for these is much lower! If you decide to bid, I wish you luck! Since there are so many more OV and Balc rooms I think ppl have a much better chance of getting one. I will mention since I saw a post in one of the fb groups I'm in, the OV rooms tend to be lower levels and one person stated the sound of the waves hitting the hull prevented him from sleeping. Idk if everyone would have that issue but something to consider since with the bidding you cannot choose which stateroom you actually get assigned.

You're welcome! Keep in mind these are Haven prices... if you have an inside cabin you will most likely be offered oceanview and balcony, and the range for these is much lower! If you decide to bid, I wish you luck! Since there are so many more OV and Balc rooms I think ppl have a much better chance of getting one. I will mention since I saw a post in one of the fb groups I'm in, the OV rooms tend to be lower levels and one person stated the sound of the waves hitting the hull prevented him from sleeping. Idk if everyone would have that issue but something to consider since with the bidding you cannot choose which stateroom you actually get assigned.

Thank you very much for the feedback - much appreciated

Our upgrade experience, FWIW :

We submitted the minimum bids to upgrade from an inside guarantee reservation to oceanview and/or a balcony. Just found out that our balcony offer was accepted.

Our cruise leaves this weekend, and it's not fully booked yet (there are still cabins for sail on-line). So the short time frame to sailing and the cabin availability undoubtedly helped us upgrade - we ended up with a balcony for less than we would have had to pay if we booked it directly.

Given all the interest that I see on these boards for Haven upgrades, I daresay that Haven upgrades are a completely separate category from the balcony upgrade that we pursued here.

What happens if two (or more) bids are the same -- how do they pick from that??? Who ever bid first???

I would think it depends on what cabin you are currently in and if they have people that are willing to pay for that cabin. If you got a great deal on your cabin they might upgrade you if they think they can get more than you paid for it. Thats what I am hoping. I got a comped balcony-so maybe its worth it to them to move me up to get full price on that balcony cabin. I think theres a lot of different things that come into play, and there's no way to figure it out from our side, as we dont have all the info they have.