Best port to get up early for ?

swanmark

Hi Guys, we are on the Epic out of Barcelona in May, and I am wondering which are the best ports to get up early to watch our arrival, obviously I don't want to do this at every port as we arrive at some at 6am, but I would like to know which is the best choice, our ports of call are Naples, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Cannes, Palma and Barcelona, thanks

To be honest, none of them.

These are great ports to visit, but not particularly good sail ins.

Most are industrial ports, quite a way from the cities themselves.

If I had to pick one it would be Naples, as sail above you can see Vesuvius and you dock in the city. However, you don't really see much that isn't there for you in the morning. Maybe a sight of Capri in the distance would be the highlight.

That's nothing against the itinerary, which is fantastic, but there aren't really any great sail ins.

To be honest, none of them.

These are great ports to visit, but not particularly good sail ins.

Most are industrial ports, quite a way from the cities themselves.

If I had to pick one it would be Naples, as sail above you can see Vesuvius and you dock in the city. However, you don't really see much that isn't there for you in the morning. Maybe a sight of Capri in the distance would be the highlight.

That's nothing against the itinerary, which is fantastic, but there aren't really any great sail ins.

I agree entirely with this response! In the Med area, the best sail-ins or sail-outs are Venice and Kotor in Montenegro....which is similar to a Norwegian "fjord" but generally in a much warmer setting.

For your itinerary, the best thing to do is use the sail-in times for early breakfast so that you are ready to go when the ship is cleared.