Which is your favourite cruise line and why?

Jsim2011

I am in the group of my favorite line "used to be" Celebrity. But to clarify, they probably still are when it comes to Mass Market. Over 40 cruises with them over the years. I have tried Royal a few times, one on HAL and many, many years ago I sailed

Carnival. Over the last 15 years I have been loyal to Celebrity but in the past year and 1/2 I have started looking elsewhere.

Last April I took my first River Cruise and absolutely LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT:D..........it was just FANTASTIC.

And this August I am stepping out of the box again and going on a luxury line to Europe,,,,,going on Silversea from

Barcelona to Rome. Cannot wait:)

I have had some circumstances change in my life and the opportunities are there so I am taking them. My 60th birthday

is in 2018 and I am trying to find something new for that one too. Possibly Windstar or another River Cruise.

I did take a cruise on Celebrity back in February (Over the Superbowl) I did have fun but I do see many differences from

when I first started cruising with them....staff cutbacks and food quality has definitely gone down......... If life gives me

the chances to take smaller, higher quality cruises, I am going that route now.:)

We've sailed Carnival x5, Princess x2, Norwegian x2 and Royal Caribbean x1. We used to enjoy Carnival until we had a bad experience that wasn't handled well on our last cruise. Princess is a little too staid for us. Royal Caribbean is getting too expensive for what they offer. Norwegian is our current favourite because it offers the freestyle dining which we love combined with a bit of liveliness at a good price with good itineraries. I'd love to try Celebrity one day. It sounds like a lot of people's favourite on this board.

I think that's just a matter of odds. Celebrity is in that in between area. It's a bit more expensive than the others but if you can afford it and you patronized that Cruise Line you're probably going to be happier with the cruise as compared to lower-priced cruise lines that most of the rest of us are on. Whether it's as good a value as some of the lower-priced cruise lines well that's another question. Meanwhile for the truly luxury lines you're talking about a lot fewer people who even have the experience to be able to share.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I think that's just a matter of odds. Celebrity is in that in between area. It's a bit more expensive than the others but if you can afford it...

Celebrity isn't always expensive. Especially in Alaska and Bermuda, it can be even cheaper than Carnival. The repo from San Juan to New Jersey is especially a great value.

We usually book inside the final payment window-always a verandah/balcony. We have had more Celebrity cruises than other lines. We find that they tend to is count far more, and earlier inside the final payment window, than do others such as Princess or HAL.

Usually in Europe but seldom it seems in Alaska. On Alaska runs in the past three seasons Princess and HAL have been the winners of the how low can you go cruise fare contest.