Anyone done the Herm excursion from Guernsey?

P&O SUE

Calling at St Peter Port in July. I know we might not even get in, and I've been to Guernsey for a week before so there's not really anything new to me. I know St Peter Port is nice for a stroll about but I did wonder about the Herm excursion - it says on my CP they need 60 people or the ferry won't run!

So has anyone done it with P&O? Any thoughts? When you get off the ferry coming back can you stay in St Peter Port a bit before you catch the tender back?

Knowing my luck we'll get in but they'll cancel it because 60 people haven't booked! :rolleyes:

I've done it with Princess and can't recommend it highly enough. We had a super tour guide who walked us round, told us of the strange set-up there and saw us safely back to the ferry.

It's so nice to walk and simply not have to think of traffic

I've done it with Princess and can't recommend it highly enough. We had a super tour guide who walked us round, told us of the strange set-up there and saw us safely back to the ferry.

It's so nice to walk and simply not have to think of traffic

Thanks Eddie! I will have a chat with the hubby - at least if it doesn't go ahead we'll get our money back.

Well worth a visit. It is a beautiful island. We managed to get into Guernsey last year on Britannia and being a tender port you get priority on the tenders if you are on an excursion. I think there was limited time to look around St Peter Port on your return but we went straight back to the ship so can't really remember. Sorry

Phil:cool:

I have booked Sapphire Princess Guernsey 3 nighter round trip Southampton 6 October 2018. They are a bit more expensive than P&O but do two ports, Guernsey and Cherbourg. The Guernsey stop is scheduled for 7am until 5pm and they list Herm as maximum group size of 40. So if you P&O fails to dock there it's a fall back option.

Last time I went Princess to Guernsey we did Sark, tender to shore pick up Sark ferry. Medical emergency in Sark, a local delayed return to mainland so we had extended wait in Sark. When we returned to mainland everybody transferred to another larger ferry which took us straight back to ship. All ship's tenders had been stowed and anchor could be seen rising out of sea as we came along side ship. It worked well as a system and saved time for onward sailing to Le Havre on that occasion.

You may well find yourself high on the Princess Captain's Circle loyalty level if you have cruised a lot with P&O. Just 6 P&O cruises gives you priority check in at Southampton and 150 free minutes internet on short cruises.

Regards John

I have booked Sapphire Princess Guernsey 3 nighter round trip Southampton 6 October 2018. They are a bit more expensive than P&O but do two ports, Guernsey and Cherbourg. The Guernsey stop is scheduled for 7am until 5pm and they list Herm as maximum group size of 40. So if you P&O fails to dock there it's a fall back option.

Last time I went Princess to Guernsey we did Sark, tender to shore pick up Sark ferry. Medical emergency in Sark, a local delayed return to mainland so we had extended wait in Sark. When we returned to mainland everybody transferred to another larger ferry which took us straight back to ship. All ship's tenders had been stowed and anchor could be seen rising out of sea as we came along side ship. It worked well as a system and saved time for onward sailing to Le Havre on that occasion.

You may well find yourself high on the Princess Captain's Circle loyalty level if you have cruised a lot with P&O. Just 6 P&O cruises gives you priority check in at Southampton and 150 free minutes internet on short cruises.

Regards John

Thanks for that very helpful info John, i def think I will be giving Princess a try soonish. I was interested in a spring/autumn short break next year but I plumped for a Feb one on P&O because I get the emails and it was a good offer!

Will bear Princess it mind when I can persuade the hubby [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year the ferry picked people up from and brought them back to the ship.

I didn't go on the trip but I'm sure it was to Hern as this was painted on the side of the boat.

Oh that's interesting, doesn't really matter as we've had a lot of time at St Peter Port anyway. We'd be happy to chill on the ship in the afternoon, thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums