Odd question for upgrading to a suite GTY

Hi all,

We are sailing on Anthem - Canada / NE on June 26th in two connecting D8s. My husband really wants to try Coastal Kitchen, but we need to stay together as a group of 4 since our boys are younger. The sailing is pretty sold out of balconies - do you think RC will allow us to move from two separate connecting cabins to one W gty? There is one Family Jr available right now. Since we are past final payment, do you think we'll end up in there, or do you think there's a chance we could get one of the higher suites that are still available? It feels a bit crazy to pay more for one stateroom than the 2 we have now, but I guess it would be a risk that could pay off. We have an e-mail in to our TA, but I wanted to see what the larger brain trust thought. TIA for any advice.

Edited by mikat77
typo

I don't think there is a way of knowing how RCCL will handle it - would you be paying more money? If yes they will most likely take it....

last time I wanted to upgrade they said the sale is for new bookings only - when I pointed out that I would still b e paying an additional $200 they said ...OH yes and went ahead...

I tried to do the same thing and was told that I would lose the deposit since it was inside of final payment. However, one time I did get the RFS because I added one person and it needed two reservation numbers to book the bigger suite.

Darn, I thought there might be an issue. I wonder if they might allow it, since we are going into one room that costs more than our two staterooms alone. I guess I won't know until my TA gets back to me. We're still not sure if the change is worth it. We would have to share the room with our sons, and now I'm reading that Coastal Kitchen is only for dinner for JS, yes?

Thanks for the input Clarea and germanfflyer

Darn, I thought there might be an issue. I wonder if they might allow it, since we are going into one room that costs more than our two staterooms alone. I guess I won't know until my TA gets back to me. We're still not sure if the change is worth it. WE would have to share the room with our sons, and now I'm reading that Coastal Kitchen is only for dinner for JS, yes?

Yes, JS guests only have access to Coastal Kitchen at dinner. Of course, the GS is a possibility ...

Darn, I thought there might be an issue. I wonder if they might allow it, since we are going into one room that costs more than our two staterooms alone. I guess I won't know until my TA gets back to me. We're still not sure if the change is worth it. We would have to share the room with our sons, and now I'm reading that Coastal Kitchen is only for dinner for JS, yes?

I'd still call and ask. As someone mentioned above, when paying more money, they might make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coastal Kitchen is nice but I wouldn't fork over a huge amount to upgrade my room just to try it.

Not sure what the OP booked at, but at current prices it is more than $800/day for 4 people on that sailing. I would say that someone forked over a lot of money already.:eek::eek: