Zuiderdam Questions

Losnab

Just booked an inside on the observation deck for a 2018 cruise. The virtual tour on Holland's site now seems to have a build in sofa in the K category on the observation deck and seems roomy enough. Has anybody stayed in this cabin area recently? Would appreciate your feedback and experience. My thinking in booking this cabin is that I would have easy access the outside deck and crows nest as this is a Panama Cruise. I am usually not bothered by motion (unless I hang upside down over the bed to retrieve something from my suitcase while crossing the Tasman Sea been there, done that clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 ) Or should I consider moving to an inside the Main deck for easy access to the Promenade for to outside for viewing? I love quiet sea days.

This will be our first Holland Cruise - so any suggestions, should knows, etc. about the line or ship would be most appreciated.

You are thinking this through for your best location to see the Panama Canal, but keep in mind this will entail only a few hours of direct viewing to see how the locks operate..

We have noticed now on several cruises a lot of early morning activity and interest when we enter for the first time, and very few on deck when we exit. Though we enjoy it all, esp since the crowds are way down on the exit side. We also liked entering from the Caribbean side too - lots more to see right away, including the portal for the new enlarged canal.

how soon do you leave' date=' I may be able to help in a few weeks[/quote']

No rush - whenever it works for you would be great.

I just looked at a video of the ship - and know I made the right decision to book this cruise.