Doing the "Free Cruise Coupon" Dance!!

Slam308

Just got our coupon from MBNA. Called on 11/7 and rec'd it 11/19. We'd made the reservation with our TA at the end of Sept. Once we earned enough points, she called RC and they said no problem, just send it to us before final payment!

Back to back Birthday cruise...here we come!:D

Thanks Pierce, gotta love that card!

I actually got my mom and MIL cards on my account. My Mom puts all her cruise deposits on it and MIL has over $1000 a month in prescriptions. Lol, anyone else want a card???

RC said a lot of people complained because MBNA said you had to book through RC first then call for the coupon, then wait for it to be mailed, then mail it to RC, then get your refund. RC didn't want their customers to have that hassle, they wanted it to be as easy as possible for people to use the points. I think that's why they changed it to just give the coupon to your TA, or us, and it's done.

This is our first b2b and I'm SO excited!

Just got our coupon from MBNA. Called on 11/7 and rec'd it 11/19. We'd made the reservation with our TA at the end of Sept. Once we earned enough points, she called RC and they said no problem, just send it to us before final payment!

Back to back Birthday cruise...here we come!:D

:rolleyes: i just started a new thread on where i can get one of those coupons and how please reply Vo922 thanks.

Slam308-would appreciate info. on this reward program. I assume it is like FF miles, where you get 1 "mile" for every $ spent? How many credits do you have to earn for a free cruise? TIA, Kathy

yeah, i'm curious too. where do i get the card?

We've reached the point were we too can get the free cruise coupon, but have some questions. I understand that the coupons expire 6 months after they've been issued. Does this mean that the cruise must leave within 6 months, or that you need to redeem it towards a criuse within 6 months? I thought you had to book these directly with RCI, and not through a TA (at least that's what it states on the terms and conditions). Coast2Coast, did you book through a TA or directly?

I know I should call C&A and ask them myself, but just being lazy.:p

Info on the card is on the RC website. It does state you have to book directly through RC, but the C&A rep told my TA that is not true. The coupon must be applied within 6 months (before final payment). You must have 125,000 points on your statement. Not on the account, it has to be on your monthly statement before you can call for the coupon.

You receive one point for every dollar (excluding cash advances, etc.) and you receive 2 points per dollar for any purchase that involves RC. This includes deposits, shipboard purchases and accounts and purchases from RC for other people. Example, I sent my Mom strawberries and champagne on her cruise and got double point for that purchase.

Congrats slam on your free cruise! And b2b to boot! I'd love to try that some day.

My hubby and I are going on our free MBNA cruise Feb 25th, 2006 on Serenade of the Seas. We did the same, made all of our purchases on the card and paid them off at the end of the month. We also will have 4 $50.00 credit coupons coming to use on the cruise.

A month ago we switched MBNA's card from the VISA (RCCL) to Mastercard (Norw.) for their free cruise offer. Planning on 2007 doing the Hawaii one.

Anyway, for those reading this only do it if you can pay off that monthly bill..otherwise your cruise isn't free. :-) Sorry MBNA, but I hate interest. LOL

Archived