Review Giovanni’s Table

We went to Giovanni's Table on our cruise back in December. I did a write up with pictures on my blog. http://winenchocolate.com/giovannis-table-specialty-restaurant/

We bought the package while on board and enjoyed the specialty restaurants better than the main dining room.

Looks great - wish you had captioned the photos with what they were.

This is from my review of Giovanni's on Adventure in 2015: :cool:

This was a great dinner dining experiences on this cruise. We really like eating at Chops in the past in the pre new menu era but there is currently no Chops on Adventure. I was actually surprised that on a ship this size there was only one Specialty Dining Restaurant, but it is my understanding that more will be added when Adventure goes into dry dock in 2016. The food and atmosphere in Giovanni’s is just outstanding and it is a good escape from the hustle and bustle of the MDR. I think that Chops and the old Portifino however had a more cozy atmosphere.

On this night we had a reservation with our new found friends and dinner mates. At Giovanni’s the appetizers, salads and pastas are served family style and there was plenty of each item for the four of us.

For appetizers we ordered:

Mozzarella in Carrozza alla Giovanni - Warm mozzarella and prosciutto bake, crispy ciabatta, mixed greens and Dijon mustard drizzle

Capesante al Forno - Oven baked, almond crusted scallops with red bell pepper pesto ijon mustard drizzle

Insalata alla Cesare - Romaine lettuce tossed with Caesar dressing and herb croutons

Pasta:

Risotto aiFungiTrifolati - Traditional risotto made of Arborio rice and forest mushrooms, finished with porcini and truffle mushroom tapenade

RaviolidiPolpa diGranchio - Maryland crab ravioli with sweet corn and crab meat sauce

Lasagna Tradizionale al Sugo diCarne - Traditional meat lasagna (This is a lunch item but I asked for it and got it – Don’t be afraid to ask if you want it)

Entrees (Served as individual portions):

Costolette diAgnello alle Erbe* - Grilled lamb chops, baby vegetable caponata, sautéed spinach and Merlot reduction

FagottinidiVitella RipieniaiFunghiPorcini, Provolone e Prosciutto Cotto, Salsa al Tartufo Nero - Veal tenderloin parcels filled with porcini mushrooms, provolone cheese and ham, with sautéed asparagus, black truffle sauce and veal jus

Filetto diPollo Ripieno diRicotta e Funghi, Salsa alla Salvia e Chardonnay - Chicken breast filled with ricotta and mushroom, wrapped in prosciutto and served with Chardonnay-sage sauce

Filetto diManzo alla Griglia, Patate Fritte all’Olio Agliato, Salsa al Barolo o Burro diGorgonzola* - 8 ounces of grilled beef tenderloin, served with garlic fries and your choice of Barolo reduction or Gorgonzola butter

We all enjoyed everything we ordered from appetizers to entrees very much. Good food and good service. We thought it was well worth the cost and we all left very stuffed!

Food – A+ / Service – A

• 6 months later...

We've been to Giovanni's a few times during our two sailings on Allure. I just wanted to mention that when we sailed in July, there were no scallops on the menu. I had them in January, but in July they were removed from the menu.

I was disappointed in that I love scallops. I have also heard many people state they loved the pasta carbonara. I love it too, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to how it was described on the menu. It came with an egg on top of the pasta rather than mixed in with it. It was definitely different and not something I would order again.