Mr Sancos or Nachi CoCom

kayjay76

I'm sorry. I meant Passion Island. My mind has been going in circles trying to pick an excursion.

Passion Island beach looks beautiful. Corona commercial filmed there.

Filmed on a perfect day with only the best footage used. Don't build it up so much and you won't be bummed when it is just a normal beach.

Filmed on a perfect day with only the best footage used. Don't build it up so much and you won't be bummed when it is just a normal beach.

I hear ya spark. Sometimes we all try to plan too hard for that perfect vacation. I'm traveling with 2 little girls that will be easy to please no matter where we go. Just want to find nice inexpensive excursions so we can enjoy our trip and Spurge on everything else. We only have 3 port days so that shouldn't be hard.

I hear ya spark. Sometimes we all try to plan too hard for that perfect vacation. I'm traveling with 2 little girls that will be easy to please no matter where we go. Just want to find nice inexpensive excursions so we can enjoy our trip and Spurge on everything else. We only have 3 port days so that shouldn't be hard.

Little kids are so easy to please compared to teens and adults. Give them some sand and some buckets and it will be the best day EVER. :D

My three sisters and i (late 50s-mid 60s) enjoyed four hours or so at Nachi Cocum on Saturday, 4/2917. $17 cab ride each way from the port, navigate through all the shops until you find the taxi stand area near the main highway. A short ride south and you'll be greeted by a gal who takes your picture, then directs you to the hostess stand where you pay the balance of your bill for the day. Lamberto showed us to our spot, four nice lounge chairs under one of their little "huts" and took our drink order. It was quiet except for a little background music, certainly can talk without screaming, and while we were among the first to arrive, it probably only filled up to 1/2 capacity throughout the day. Bar drinks, nice choice of foods on the menu, bottled water, and beautiful water. We were all happy to spend a day at the beach than on the ship. We left around 2 p.m. for a sailaway time of 4 p.m. to shop a bit and we waited in a very long line to embark around 3:15 p.m. No harm, no foul. A very pleasant way to spend the day. Hubby and I will be there again on Saturday, 5/19/17, for another relaxing day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm looking for a good beach day for the four of us (me, husband, two teen daughters) and this thread is very helpful. Two questions - what does AI mean in this context, and - how do these compare to Chakanaab, or is that comparing apples to oranges?

Hi - I'm looking for a good beach day for the four of us (me, husband, two teen daughters) and this thread is very helpful. Two questions - what does AI mean in this context, and - how do these compare to Chakanaab, or is that comparing apples to oranges?

AI = all inclusive

For the beach clubs on Cozumel that means food and drinks. You'll still pay extra for water toys, etc.

Chankanaab is a marine park with sea life shows and opportunities to swim with the dolphins ($$ :o). They also offer a small beach, a separate snorkel area, a small pool, plus good facilities - but charge a $20 admission fee for each adult.

With two teen daughters (been there, done that ;)) I would focus on Paradise Beach for a pay as you go option, or Mr. Sanchos for AI. Both places offer water toys, good food/drinks/service, and good facilities.

Since Mr Sanchos was so great, and we also went first with family and all agess loved it, then alone, we figured like some that the smaller adult crowd at nachi would be a nice experience. We were incorrect. In addion to my previous issues, the place had many broken beach chairs and was just plain dirty. Things change.

We were just at the Nachi in April, and it was clean, with wonderful food, perfect ambience, amazing service, great drinks- and it also had a swim up bar (not sure how you missed it!) No chairs were broken.

It's strange reading your posts because it sounds like an entirely different place.

We prefer Nachi Cocum, we tried Sanchos once and liked it, the food was good but it was a little too loud and crowded for our liking and service was okay but not stellar. Would still have gone back but opted for Nachi Cocum the next time because other friends were going. Loved it so much we have been back 2 times, most recently in April. I head back in 2 weeks!! :-) To me it's paradise, quiet, clean, friendly, with a beautiful view and amazing food.

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

We were just at the Nachi in April, and it was clean, with wonderful food, perfect ambience, amazing service, great drinks- and it also had a swim up bar (not sure how you missed it!) No chairs were broken.

It's strange reading your posts because it sounds like an entirely different place.[/quot

Can I assume you never went to Mr Sanchos? We were at Nachi in March and had a totally different experience. Try Mr Sanchos for a real comparison. Hard to think all the broken plastic loungers and small Tables were replaced

It's strange reading your posts because it sounds like an entirely different place.[/quot

Can I assume you never went to Mr Sanchos? We were at Nachi in March and had a totally different experience. Try Mr Sanchos for a real comparison. Hard to think all the broken plastic loungers and small Tables were replaced

We have been to Mr Sanchos, prior to ever trying the NC. It was a fun day! But after visiting NC we were sold.

Nothing was broken when I went first week of April. Was happy enough, I'm heading back in June with my mother and teenage daughters this time (their first visit, my 4th)

We were at Paradise beach our favorite beach in March.(have been here at least 6 times) We have not gone to any of the others but will consider them for next year. While Paradise Beach is gorgeous with great service, lots of water toys and a beautiful pool, the beach is very rocky even with water shoes it was impossible to navigate. Spent the day at the pool.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been to an AI before and we have reservations at Nachi Cocum for our cruise coming up in a few weeks.

Do they just bring you the food, or do you have to ask for it? Is there a certain time you go to eat? If you want to go snorkeling do you take all your stuff with you and how long are you gone? Do you tip the snorkel boat drivers? How long does it take to get to Nachi Cocum from the cruise ship docking place (carnival)

If it is AI, how much do you tip? Do you tip at the end?

I know this is a lot of questions but I don't travel much (ever!) and I am kind of nervous since this will be my first non cruise ship sponsored excursion.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never been to an AI before and we have reservations at Nachi Cocum for our cruise coming up in a few weeks.

Do they just bring you the food, or do you have to ask for it? Order food and drinks from your waiter

Is there a certain time you go to eat? Order when you want it.

If you want to go snorkeling do you take all your stuff with you and how long are you gone? I believe they offer lockers

Do you tip the snorkel boat drivers? I would - 10-15-20% of the fare -- tipping is up to you.

How long does it take to get to Nachi Cocum from the cruise ship docking place (carnival) Taxi will take 10-15 minutes and should be about $17 each way for up to 4 passengers in the cab -- pair up with others from your roll call to save $$

If it is AI, how much do you tip? Do you tip at the end? I tip 15-20% of the admission fee (so about $10 per person) at the end of the day.

I know this is a lot of questions but I don't travel much (ever!) and I am kind of nervous since this will be my first non cruise ship sponsored excursion.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nachi is an uncrowded, relaxing paradise - enjoy! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Moongal, just a bit of feedback on a couple of your questions. We were at Nachi in April (my 3rd time there)

Do they just bring you the food, or do you have to ask for it? Is there a certain time you go to eat?

You can dine at the beach or in the covered dining area. You will be expected to eat by a certain time, as they want to clean up the restaurant by about 3 PM.

If you want to go snorkeling do you take all your stuff with you and how long are you gone? Do you tip the snorkel boat drivers?

We did the snorkel this last trip and it was NOT a great experience. The boat has no platform and they want you to climb up on the side of the boat and jump from there. They don't have good snorkel vests, just life jackets and cheap snorkels (no valve). They took us to water so deep there was little color to be seen on the fish, and then went into the really deep dark water where we saw nothing. If you really want to snorkel, do it at another port or go somewhere else.

We left some stuff at the lounger (books, etc.) so nobody would take our seat. The rest came on the boat with us, though it sounds like they may have lockers now.

Yes, we did tip the snorkel captain and guide (2 people). We were out about an hour total time.

How long does it take to get to Nachi Cocum from the cruise ship docking place (carnival)

Only about 15 minutes each way, and cost is about $16 per taxi trip, plus any tip you care to add

If it is AI, how much do you tip? Do you tip at the end? We did tip the server at the end of the day, and would tip the bartender when we hung out there on a prior trip. No need to go crazy, but I think we tipped about $10 each to the server. The bartender would be tipped depending on how many drinks we were served.