onboard credit, confusion

msweezie

Hi, we are leaving on the Escape Saturday. Concerned about my onboard credit, would like to clear it up before then. We originally were booked for an inside room, and got $25 per person OB credit from Norwegian. We booked through expedia and got $100 credit for the stateroom. When I look under my vacation summary, it shows the $50 from Norwegian, and $100 under gifts purchased and more. Ok, so now we have been upgraded to a balcony, wondering if we get anymore OB credit because of that? We bid $80 per person and got it. So now when I print my edocuments, I see

$50 per cabin credit, promo code AM050 quantity 1

Free on board credit certificate, $25 promo code OB25, quantity 2

It also shows my prepaid service charges, and drink promo, but not the $100 from expedia. Did I get another $50 from Norwegian? Does anyone know what promo code AM050 is? I did print out my vacation summary that shows the credit from expedia to bring with me. We leave tonight, ship sails Saturday!!

Any insight anyone?

I just read somewhere on one thread that when you upgrade, bid or no bidding, you get the perks that came with that upgrade, so I am now thinking my OBC went from $25 pp, to $50 pp, now that I am in the balcony. Maybe the $100 just shows up differently from expedia. Just printing that summary and making sure I take it with me.

I used Expedia recently and the Expedia OBC didn't show up under my edocs. Couldn't confirm that I had it until I go to the ship and had a OBC card for it in my room.

As best I can tell you should have $125 OBC total, you don't get upgraded perks from bidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just read somewhere on one thread that when you upgrade, bid or no bidding, you get the perks that came with that upgrade
That's not correct. All upgrades are not the same, sometimes you get new perks, sometimes you don't, and the terms for the advantage upgrade program specifically say that "The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions."

If it turns out that you get an additional $50 from NCL, that's great. I wouldn't count on it. It would be nice if it happened, but nothing to complain about if you don't get it. It's also conceivable that having your upgrade bid accepted triggered a change in your booking and you lost the $100 OBC from your TA. :eek: But if it's still showing in your Vacation Summary right now, you should be fine.

If I were you I'd call NCL and ask them to send your Amenity Confirmation. At this point, so close to sailing, all of the credits you have coming should be listed there.

I'm so happy I found this post. When did you get your onboard credit for expedia? it is really 2-3 weeks before sailing?

I also booked a cruise on expedia to sail on May 28th. I'm expecting $200 of OBC from expedia, but I still don't see it on my NCL account yet. I want to reserve my circus dinner/show with those OBC.

My experience with OBC from the the TA is it usually doesn't show up prior to the cruise and may not always show up until several days into the cruise. I suggest that you print any email that you have that documents the $100 OBC from Expedia and, if it isn't posted to your account by day two or three, go to guest services.

• 7 months later...

We booked a cabin that included $200 OBC from NCL and our travel agent offered $350 additional OBC. The $200 shows up on our NCL account (we are departing in 11 days). I called the travel agent and was told that the $350 will be credited to our onboard account 24-48 hours AFTER the ship debarks. My question is, if I book several shore excursions on the first day (which will exceed the original $200 OBC), will they charge my credit card for each transaction at that point or does everything resolve at the end of the cruise (when I'm assuming they'll apply all the OBC first and charge my credit card for the balance)? Thanks in advance!

We booked a cabin that included $200 OBC from NCL and our travel agent offered $350 additional OBC. The $200 shows up on our NCL account (we are departing in 11 days). I called the travel agent and was told that the $350 will be credited to our onboard account 24-48 hours AFTER the ship debarks. My question is, if I book several shore excursions on the first day (which will exceed the original $200 OBC), will they charge my credit card for each transaction at that point or does everything resolve at the end of the cruise (when I'm assuming they'll apply all the OBC first and charge my credit card for the balance)? Thanks in advance!

your credit card will be charged at the end of the cruise like on debarkation morning.

Your onboard account is treated like a credit account. Everything charged in the cruise, whether the first or last day, adds to it. Any onboard credit added, whether added first or last day, subtracts from it. Whatever your balance is at the end is what is charged to your cc. So it makes no difference when the OBC is added or when you charge items onboard.

I'm so happy I found this post. When did you get your onboard credit for expedia? it is really 2-3 weeks before sailing?

I also booked a cruise on expedia to sail on May 28th. I'm expecting $200 of OBC from expedia, but I still don't see it on my NCL account yet. I want to reserve my circus dinner/show with those OBC.

Even if you could see your OBC from Expedia, you cannot spend it until you are onboard. That's why it is called "onboard credit". If you pre-book the dinner show, you will have to pay for it now.

We waited until we were on board to book the dinner show for that very reason; wanted to use our non-refundable OBC for that and our refundable for the daily service charge because the credit from NCL won't pay for that--which is one thing I dislike.

We had no trouble getting in even though we waited until the second or third day of the cruise, but of course this could vary with each cruise.