Independence of the Seas spring May 5th 2018 TA cancelled?

Senior sources on board have stated that Independence is being deployed permanently in Southampton

That seems an incredibly unlikely scenario. If they were moving IotS to Southampton on a year-round basis, they would have zeroed out the westbound 2018, not the earlier eastbound 2018 transatlantic.

Senior sources on board have stated that Independence is being deployed permanently in Southampton

Thing is, "permanent" can mean different things to different people.

Biker, who thinks there's zero chance of Indy sailing from UK in January.

Just sharing something we picked up from a senior crew friend of ours. Sorry don't know any detail, we will have to wait and see

Ship based crew are generally the last to know but first to churn up the rumor mill based on CruiseCritic.

Thing is, "permanent" can mean different things to different people.

Biker, who thinks there's zero chance of Indy sailing from UK in January.

It's happened before, but I agree I doubt it. Especially with Quantum class ships now in the mix. I wouldn't expect a warm-weather built ship to be the one to do year-round sailings from Southampton.

I think this is big BS - they are not going to cancel the 100+ cruises they are selling now all the way up to March 2019!

:rolleyes:

With the dive in the UK economy and the pound they will be lucky to keep 1 ship seasonal.....

I think this is big BS - they are not going to cancel the 100+ cruises they are selling now all the way up to March 2019!

:rolleyes:

With the dive in the UK economy and the pound they will be lucky to keep 1 ship seasonal.....

The UK rates are now the cheapest in Europe. Please compare with your German site.

The UK Offer is a lot better.

I know - Cheap means no profit.....BTW I do not use the German RCI site....

Well I see about 35+ cruises on Indy for sale for 2019 and they are not leaving from the UK either ;p- you might want to check your facts and use something else but the UK site....:cool:

Do you have any information regrading the actual topic of the thread - the spring 2018 Indy TA?

A word of advise... to all of you booked on the Indy TA... DO NOT touch your reservation, wait for RC to contact you. By all means have a backup plan but do not cancel or change your existing reservation. Trust me on this... just went through this with a Serenade cruise next year. Everything worked out fine because I left it alone.

Teri

A word of advise... to all of you booked on the Indy TA... DO NOT touch your reservation, wait for RC to contact you. By all means have a backup plan but do not cancel or change your existing reservation. Trust me on this... just went through this with a Serenade cruise next year. Everything worked out fine because I left it alone.

Teri

Absolutely!

The Navigator TA would come to mind to protect you.....they would probably move you over for free if the new itinerrary does not suit you....

• 2 weeks later...