Independence of the Seas spring May 5th 2018 TA cancelled?

But maybe she will get the drydock in Asia...

Wonder if this comes into play with the cancelled TA of Indy that we discuss here?!:confused:

In order to get to Asia, she will need to make the eastbound TA anyways and highly doubt that she will go to Asia, since Mariner is coming back to the States.

No she is definitely going to the UK as she has many cruises scheduled from Southampton for the summer 2018!

Right now there is a gap in the schedule between May 15th and May 20th so it seems they either move the TA or they would extend the nights to make a longer TA.

No she is definitely going to the UK as she has many cruises scheduled from Southampton for the summer 2018!

Right now there is a gap in the schedule between May15th and May 20th so it seems they either move the TA or they would extend the nights to make a longer TA.

Could they have a small charter in those dates?

I've been calling in... lol.

First of all they absolutely won't admit that the independence is doing a dry dock? Ok.... then said it could be anywhere from tomorrow to three maybe four months before we know... called

The other day.: lady acted as though it would leave a few days later and get in on the 20th.. something about 12 nights. Idk, but this is a bunch of BS.. I hate having to guess?? I've also

Noticed all the other transatlantic cruises have been nice and inflated for the current 'sale'. About had enough[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been calling in... lol.

First of all they absolutely won't admit that the independence is doing a dry dock? Ok.... then said it could be anywhere from tomorrow to three maybe four months before we know... called

The other day.: lady acted as though it would leave a few days later and get in on the 20th.. something about 12 nights. Idk, but this is a bunch of BS.. I hate having to guess?? I've also

Noticed all the other transatlantic cruises have been nice and inflated for the current 'sale'. About had enough[emoji849]

Ive had enough of not knowing too, I dont know why they cant just be honest, surely its the best policy?

The problem that is going to come up is whether to book flights or not....if they leave us without the correct information we will not be able to book and the flight prices may go up and up:rolleyes:

That is EXACTLY my problem with this situation.... I was going to book with miles to get back to US and the computer will let me book with miles in about 3 weeks or SO. And with miles the sooner you book the better. But with HUGE change fees for international flights, I could get stuck with a bigger change fee from the airline than the (#*¿+) cruise cost me. And 3 to 4 months to know something is IRRESPONSIBLE of RCL

I agree it's irresponsible and frustrating too. My agent was sticking to the story about bookings being suspended when I last chased, so not sure what to do. TA to Barcelona sounds good but not sure we can change without cost and that'd be two flights for us in U.K...

I agree it's irresponsible and frustrating too. My agent was sticking to the story about bookings being suspended when I last chased, so not sure what to do. TA to Barcelona sounds good but not sure we can change without cost and that'd be two flights for us in U.K...

The transatlantic starts in Barcelona on may 7, 2018 ending in Miami on 20 May 2018.

Would they protect our fligjts if we book with air2sea?

Yes they would-- according to other threads. Airfare tickets booked through other parties one would be out of luck for reimbursement from royal Caribbean. Trip insurance may cover some-

I have been reading through this thread, as we made an enquiry about this cruise online at the weekend and got the following response...."your requested cruise is not available".... Note there was no mention of it being sold out so, almost certainly, it will be deployed in some form. This happened to us on a Mariner cruise from Singapore a couple of years ago, and RCI were extremely slow to communicate and poor in the manner they handled it!

We are sorry for those already booked, now uncertain as to how it will all pan out, but still hope to book whatever the cruise becomes...assuming it is still a Transatlantic.

IMHO, it's kinda like the airlines, they know there is other carriers to choose from BUT since they ALL , treat their customers like (....), they know even if we go to another for a couple of trips, we'll eventually try them again BECAUSE all carriers ONLY care about profits NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.