Independence of the Seas spring May 5th 2018 TA cancelled?

Hmmm so far nobody got any information or a cancellation notice - wonder if they really had a confirmed booking?!

Maybe they were just trying to book but got rejected....:confused:

My apologies, I have just re read their e-mail. :o

So we are less pleased about being messed around with a TA back from the States next year though

as we booked it when it got released, and it has since been withdrawn from sale

Looks like they are in the same boat as you. I hope something is announced soon for everyone's benefit.

I was also thinking next week - as they release new sailings on Tuesday!

Lets hope they will contact us soon - really need to get going with the flights on our plan B if this sailing moves in a direction we do not like!

Have to ask.. what is ur plan B ? We're doing mariner as plan B Barcelona to miami

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have called so many times & get a different response each time. I decided today to send an email to Michael Bayley & see if he would enlighten me. I have just received the following response:

" Dear Mrs. FXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting the Executive Offices of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence to Mr. Bayley was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome the opportunity to respond on his behalf.

I regret to learn of the concerns shared and genuinely apologize. We are currently reviewing your correspondence and will follow up with you upon the completion of our review.

Thank you, Mrs. XXXXXXX, for reaching out to us. We look forward to communicating with you in the near future."

It's not giving anything away, but at least we may get a definitive answer, sooner as opposed to later, now that the CEO's office are involved. Here's hoping.

I have called so many times & get a different response each time. I decided today to send an email to Michael Bayley & see if he would enlighten me. I have just received the following response:

" Dear Mrs. FXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting the Executive Offices of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence to Mr. Bayley was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome the opportunity to respond on his behalf.

I regret to learn of the concerns shared and genuinely apologize. We are currently reviewing your correspondence and will follow up with you upon the completion of our review.

Thank you, Mrs. XXXXXXX, for reaching out to us. We look forward to communicating with you in the near future."

It's not giving anything away, but at least we may get a definitive answer, sooner as opposed to later, now that the CEO's office are involved. Here's hoping.

Thanks for posting. Thanks to anyone...with the patience to call or email.

Email in full.

Important changes to your booking on Independence of the Seas . 5th May 2018

Your booking reference

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation. Independence of the Seas, the

ship on which you.ve booked your transatlantic vacation, is scheduled for renovation in April 2018.

The schedule for the renovation has been extended and we need to cancel the 5th May 2018

transatlantic sailing.

I realise that this change will be disappointing and I am sorry for the disruption this may cause to

your holiday plans.

Detailed below is a list of options that are available to you as an alternative. Please take a moment

to consider what you wish to do and let us know by no later than 5:30 PM on 12th June 2017.

Your options:

A. You can change on one of the selected ship and cruise dates below. You will be allocated

the same type of accommodation and can book at the protected or best available rate. As

with all bookings, this is subject to there being suitable availability. Price protection is

limited to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are

subject to prevailing rates regardless of the sailing chosen.

Ship Sail Date

Serenade of the Seas 20th April 2018

Navigator of the Seas 22th April 2018

B. You can change to any other Royal Caribbean International sailing, subject to availability. If

the new cruise is more expensive, then guests will be responsible for paying the

difference. If the new cruise is less expensive, guests will receive a refund for the

difference. We will be happy to help you find a suitable replacement holiday.

OR

C. You have the right to receive a full refund of all the money paid to Royal Caribbean

International, refunded

to the original form of payment.

If you choose to change (option A or B), we will be pleased to give you an on board credit for the

new sailing for:

$200 per suite for Category Suites

$100 per stateroom for Categories Inside, Outside and Balcony.

The on board credit is being offered as recognition for the alteration to your plans and for any

disappointment you have experienced.

Please let us know what you have decided as soon as possible and no later than 5:30 PM on 12th

June 2017. You can call us on 0844 493 4005, Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. If you

prefer, you can email a completed reply form to us at RoyalCustomerServiceUK@rccl.com or fax it

to us on 01932 820 603. My team will be pleased to help you re-book or answer any questions you

may have.

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for disrupting your vacation plans, and can

assure you that your Royal Caribbean vacation will deliver the highest standards of service and

quality for which we are known. We can.t wait to welcome you on board.

Yours sincerely,

Royal Caribbean

Wow, not much of an OBC offer for a 10 day sailing. We have gotten that same offer for a 5 day cruise that got cancelled. I also had a 7 day cruise cancelled and they were giving $200 for balcony and below and $300 for suites

I imagine the fact they haven't just rescheduled the TA means there will be a combination of a few more days in the dry dock (possibly using up those spare 5 days) then a non passenger TA with crew finishing work during the crossing?

I believe they changed the dry dock to Europe and make a non revenue transatlantic earlier for preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not exactly. The fees and taxes are more for the Navigator & The Serenade. The only protected part is the actually fare before those charges are added.