Dream: best cruise evah!

spleenstomper

Daniel:

IMG_2871_zpsp1iwq2ev.jpg

IMG_2870_zpsjypuzn4f.jpg

IMG_2873_zpsjkogzxnw.jpg

As I mentioned, he is a rescue, so he has animals that are otherwise nuisance/vermin but were pets of people who moved off the island.

Lazy racoons. Crabs dig up into the cage, so it's like instant snack.

IMG_2877_zpsp4nfoqu9.jpg

I forget what these are called: they are basically the rats/squirrles of Roatan

IMG_2875_zps2vq9wwmu.jpg

Another shot of Little French Key

IMG_2878_zpsmh8pvech.jpg

IMG_2884_zpsuimcqowk.jpg

IMG_2885_zpsbottzgij.jpg

IMG_2912_zpsd3mnsudq.png

IMG_2913_zpstwfqh5ow.png

Photo bucket is still having problems today, so this is the best I can do.

What I love about Daniel is that the sloths spend the day outside of cages in the trees. The monkeys take turns spending the day outside in the trees and when they clap their hands, the monkeys know it is time to come in. This tells me their animals are happy.

Each person was $20.00 and that is for transportation to and from the ship and entrance to the hangout.

I mostly have videos for the sloths, so I will work on screenshots and videos later this evening.

Reminder to myself that I still need to cover:

1) animal videos

2) Mahagony Bay pics, videos and thoughts

3) internet packages on ship

4) dining options on ship

5) serenity area

6) spa

Add your subjects you want me to discuss. Still plenty more review to come!

Spleenstomper,

We were on this cruise also, about 5 cabins away from you in OS7273. We were dismayed at how disconnected the officers were from both the crew and the passengers. We rarely saw them interact with anyone other than each other. I do think it affected service, especially on the lido and in the MD.

We knew the ship would be packed, but we did not feel overly crowded, except at the buffet, which was a zoo the entire cruise. Understandably so.

The ice cream machines seemed to be broken more often than working.

Best CD we have ever had! Best military appreciation we have ever been to, DH is Marine (58-62) we went with children and grandchildren. DD teared up.

We had anytime dining, We have never been in a dining room so empty before (see above mentioned lido zoo). Room service was fast when we ordered in the afternoon. Morning coffee was always on time.

On our last night we had the absolute worst head waiter but his assistant made up for it.

We have been on the Dream before and usually have a cove but because of family we had 2 balconies and the OS. Next time we will go back to the cove, we prefer looking at the water to looking at deck 5.

Hey there!!!

Yes, I did see interactions with superiors and people who appeared to be in entey level positions where it seems they were getting fussed at.... or someone was giving stern instructions or something, in areas not by our cabins.

I also remember seeing many people dusting and doing more general duties than I remember before.

Yes!!! Our cruise director was AMAZING! The best in 6 cruises: Chris Williams, the FLYING SCOTSMAN!! My daughter said he started in entertainment and worked his way up to CD, which pretty much makes him the best cruise director evah! He was the one singing in the band for the parties every night in the lobby (pretty good voice too).

I'm so glad you noticed a terrific military appreciation.

Yes, lol. If you notice in the photo, the smart people are in the taxis passing us up. I have asthma and got off the boat Sunday and got slammed on Monday and am now on a hot mess of drugs and prednisone.

I probably should have taken a taxi and should have stayed out of the spa too (thassliotherapy pool and steam rooms). I'm new to asthma, so I'm still learning....

• 2 weeks later...

Mahogany Bay time

My daughter and I got back from the sloth hangout and we went back to the ship. DH and DS weren't there, so DD and I took a minute to cool off and lie down for ten minutes.

DH came back to the room and said he and DS were having a great time at Mahogay Bay, so dd and I suited up and went to MB.

We bought sky passes.

IMG_2929_zpsz8clsrmi.jpg

IMG_2936_zpsfltmkek9.jpg

IMG_2932_zpszv7roe3r.jpg

IMG_2935_zpsyst1u6ns.jpg

IMG_2951_zpsjme9gzfy.jpg

MB was laid back. You can walk far out into the water to the buoys where the water is clear. It's kinda like destin where you stand in the water and chit chat with those around you.

Back at port with not much time to board, my dd and I did a little shopping:

Wooden bowl (ice cream for scale)

IMG_3103_zps30gvfi2h.jpg

Percussion:IMG_3105_zpsttfuhvr9.jpg

Coffee $15.00 a pound (but very good)

IMG_3106_zpsqaw7ncn5.jpg

Back on the ship, I skipped dinner and lounged around and walked around by myself. Bye, Roatan!

IMG_2959_zpsm2wzkbts.jpg

Sitting aft in the lounger area:

IMG_2962_zpskgy0uac1.jpg

IMG_2960_zpselko1ejq.jpg

Again, the bright lights bothered me.

First of two sea days headed home

I walked around the ship (rainy day) people watching and finding interesting things on the ship.

Looking down to deck 3. They are line dancing

IMG_2974_zpsryb9wxea.jpg

Rainy:

IMG_2975_zpstn261eer.jpg

Making a dolphin ice sculpture:

IMG_2976_zps7vwnrl3o.jpg

IMG_2980_zpseq3pkwpx.jpg

We're sailing on the Dream in September (second time on the Dream) -- different itinerary... I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Ugh! Thanks for the review! I'm enjoying your photos!

Question -- I had heard that the big screen over the pool had issues (distorted picture, missing pixels, etc.)... Did you notice anything wrong with it?

We're sailing on the Dream in September (second time on the Dream) -- different itinerary... I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Ugh! Thanks for the review! I'm enjoying your photos!

Question -- I had heard that the big screen over the pool had issues (distorted picture, missing pixels, etc.)... Did you notice anything wrong with it?

We were on the Dream 2 weeks ago. During 2 of the movies there were some weird/missing pixels (Like an upside down L but smallish...but 1/20th of the screen..). On all the other movies, no problems. It didn't really affect the movies IMHO.

We are on the Dream in early November. I want to hug Daniel Johnson! I am going to make it my mission to meet him and thank him for what he does.

Thank you for the photos and info!

We are sailing on her Nov 5th. Is that you guys, too? We are so excited!

I think you could do both. I would next time.

Pulling into Roatan:

IMG_2855_zpssudwkhof.jpg

Shipwreck. Don't know the details.

IMG_2859_zpsim93eom1.jpg

Ok. Here is the story of the hill for those who haven't been to Roatan before. The port area has taxis. Tour groups cannot get into the port area. You can either take a taxi to the tour groups or walk. There is a hill. It's not big. It's hot and it's steamy in Roatan, so it's not a "dry heat". If you are a person of size (remember that phrase, it will come back later when I talk about ship activities lol) or you are lazy or dehydrated or whatever... the hill can be a witch. It's just not fun. It is a mind issue. You just have to do it if you don't want to pay for a taxi. If you are 20 and in shape and love the idea and you are a morning person and you like healthy breakfasts, it will be fun.

My daughter on the decline:

IMG_2861_zpsong94wsm.jpg

The tours can bring you back into the port when the tour is over. They just can't pick you up there. Why? I have no idea.

Scenes of Roatan:

IMG_2864_zpsxugujmno.jpg

IMG_2865_zpsfgruhuth.jpg

Little French Key from the sloth hangout:

IMG_2876_zpsscubp0or.jpg

I have to go to bed. I promise, there will be monkeys and sloths tomorrow.

Do you have contact information on Daniels. We're going in April and this sounds great.

I'm enjoying your review. We were on the Dream in January and I never did get around to posting a review. :(

I wish I would have known about the sloth hangout when we were at Mahogany Bay, that is definitely something I know I would have loved! We did a private cab tour of Roatan the time before (a couple years ago) through Victor Bodden and ended up at his monkey place. I was so excited to spend time with the monkeys but they put us in a small group with 3 young guys and they "had to be somewhere soon" so they rushed us through, very disappointing. :( Loved the short time of interaction we did get, but it was still disappointing to be rushed because of the rest of our "group." Loved your photos of your daughter with the sloth!