MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

P4201221%20copy-L.jpg

P4190034%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari manages to get pretty close to the fish...they'd all be in their hiding spots by now if it was me.

P4200137%20copy-L.jpg

P4200139%20copy-L.jpg

Excellent Sakari...my little photographer

P4200140%20copy-L.jpg

Must have hit the wrong button now...ugh

P4200150%20copy-L.jpg

Just exploring more and more. I was beginning to think that we had really been gone for a long time. It seemed like we were really far down from the starting point. It made me wonder at what point were we going to turn back. I knew in the back of my mind that the distance that we had come was the distance we would have to go back. Not that I'm not enjoying this, it's that I had to all of a sudden go potty. Yikes.

P4201225%20copy-L.jpg

P4201226%20copy-L.jpg

P4201228%20copy-L.jpg

P4201227%20copy-L.jpg

P4201229%20copy-L.jpg

P4200160%20copy-L.jpg

Yea, there's that land macro function again...blah

P4201230%20copy-L.jpg

P4201231%20copy-L.jpg

At least Sakari managed to get a decent picture..notice all the fish in hers but they were all gone from mine? She's the fish whisperer.

P4200151%20copy-L.jpg

Another really close up of a parrot fish.

P4200159%20copy-L.jpg

A cute little spotted trunk fish. I adore these and always wanted one in my aquarium. I settled for another cute fish instead (a cow fish).

P4200161%20copy-L.jpg

Once again, right over top of this little guy and he's not even running away.

P4200162%20copy-L.jpg

Then comes this area...pitter patter pitter patter my heart went.

P4201268%20copy-L.jpg

P4201234%20copy-L.jpg

I don't know if this was considered the "drop off" and that last bit was the wall or what, but when I seen it...my heart skipped a beat and my anxiety kicked in. I don't know what it is about drop offs, but they scare the living crap out of me. That dark blue and not being able to tell what is down there just freaks me out. Maybe watching too much Nemo scarred me for life...lol

All I know is that Sakari has no fear. None what-so-ever. But she definitely put the fear of life in me at this point. She went deeper and deeper and I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

P4201235%20copy-L.jpg

Oh ok, she's just going to the rock/coral sticking out. It's going to be alright...she'll stop and come back. But I don't know...she's really looking out there into the deep blue...

P4201236%20copy-L.jpg

Ok, she did find something and I'm relieved.

P4201237%20copy-L.jpg

Then at one point she went out...with nothing below her...no end in sight and it just looked like she was suspended in mid air...wait ocean. I seen exactly what she was going after...I knew when I seen it that she was going to go for it. I'm looking at her...I'm looking at Ro, he's looking at her...my head went back and forth...Sakari-Ro-Sakari-Ro...If there was ever a time that I wished I had a voice...it was now. I just wanted to scream...GET HER! Don't you see how far out she is and how deep? Signal her to come back! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs to tell Sakari to come back!

P4201270%20copy-L.jpg

This guy is the culprit. He suspended himself way out there with nothing below him. She seen him, she wanted him. He was luring her in...just like when the Anglerfish lured Dori and Nemo in. She was under his spell. Yes, I watch too many kid movies and obviously I read a lot into them...they seem to know my life before it happens...especially at this moment.

But once she got out there, he would return in. He was going to make her work for it. When I seen him come back to the "wall", I knew she'd turn around and I was relieved.

But not before some pictures of all the fish swarming her...

P4200155%20copy-L.jpg

P4200156%20copy-L.jpg

And here it is...the huge trumpet fish.

P4200134%20copy-L.jpg

I guess since she passed the test, he allowed her to get this close to him.

P4200135%20copy-L.jpg

She had the most excited look on her face. She looked at me and I signaled her to come back up and I could see the joy in her face for what she had just accomplished and how close she was to it. I can bet she seen the joy in my face...only for an entirely different reason.

P4201238%20copy-L.jpg

At this point, I just wanted to surface and walk back to the beach...only you don't have this option in the water. I needed to recover from this experience. Although it didn't seem to be a big deal to anyone but me. I need to get over this...somehow.

I would need to focus on more pictures.

P4201239%20copy-L.jpg

P4201242%20copy-L.jpg

P4190046%20copy-L.jpg

Hubby said when he took this picture, he was trying to capture Sakari's bubbles coming up...this was the best shot he got of it.

P4190044%20copy-L.jpg

P4190049%20copy-L.jpg

P4190048%20copy-L.jpg

P4201278%20copy-L.jpg

Ok, can we just keep her away from the wall please? I'm so ready to turn back now. I'm still fogging up and clearing my mask every 5 minutes, if not sooner, I still gotta pee, and my heart keeps skipping a beat watching her.

P4201279%20copy-L.jpg

P4201280%20copy-L.jpg

At one point our instructor stopped. But Sakari was in the lead and she didn't notice that he had stopped. She was so busy taking pictures and taking everything in that she just kept going...and going...and going. He pulled out his little ticker and started banging away. I heard it, hubby heard it, she did not. He continued and continued and she was so engulfed in what she was doing that it didn't phase her at all. He's behind me, I'm in the middle...are you going to go after her? Should I go after her? What do we do? She's not stopping!!!

All of a sudden I seen something come from above. It was a free diver...the one's with the super huge fins that hold their breath for a long time. There were two of them up at the top and he dove way down and tapped her on the shoulder and pointed our way. She turned around and headed back and he gave the ok signal. I was really glad he happened to be there and did that.

We turned around and headed back.

P4190041%20copy-L.jpg

Seriously...how does she see? Her mask looks crooked too. She loves taking her regulator out of her mouth for selfies too.

P4200147%20copy-L.jpg

P4201281%20copy-L.jpg

After this second trip at the Tug Boat, we moved on and headed back.

P4201308%20copy-L.jpg

P4201309%20copy-L.jpg

P4201310%20copy-L.jpg

P4201311%20copy-L.jpg

About this time...I noticed something was wrong with Sakari. She darted up to the surface and the instructor zoomed up after her.

P4201312%20copy-L.jpg

What could have possibly went wrong? She's my fearless little diver. Oh geesh, there goes my heart again. He was at the surface and holding her.

Ok, I'm going to leave you all in suspense. clear.png?emoji-kiss-mark-1379 It's going on 2am and it's time for a shower and bed.

I hope everyone is enjoying the review still and my hundreds of pictures. (Sorry, I'm usually super chatty and this time I'm super picture heavy). :')

Aw, man! I'm reading this in real time and just thought "Mitsugirly won't leave us hanging"!

Your pics are amazing. You've got me researching Discover Scuba excursions for my trip in 2 weeks. Is it normal for DSDs to be this deep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your photos are amazing. I never had the nerve to scuba dive so it is so much fun to see all the fish etc. Have to say your Sakari for having just turned 9 yrs old is fearless! She takes fabulous photos too. I'm sure on any future scuba diving adventures that you will tell her she has to stay close to you or her daddy and not venture off my herself! I'm eager to read your next posts!