Fttf?

dolphin5057

It depends. I didn't get it this last cruise and it was never offered again. We had a suite, though, so already had priority boarding, so we just booked a Carnival tour for Belize and was able to get priority tendering.

Good luck. Hope you can grab it if it shows up again.

I don't know that there is a "set" number per cruise. While I can only speculate, the number is likely determined by the total number of rooms that can be readied upon boarding. That would seem to be the only variable. Additional slots are opened based on the number of Diamond and Platinum guest booking. It really is a cash cow for Carnival. It cost them nothing. Pure profit. So rest assured they will open as many as possible.

Its never been publicized how many FTTF's are offered. It seems like they have a base number offered each cruise depending on the capacity of the ship. They tend to release others closer to the sailing date depending on the number of Diamond and Platinum guest they have cruising that cruise. To get one, you have to be diligent and keep checking, sometimes multiple times a day, in case of cancellations. They seem to open up more around the time of when final payment is due. I have seen others say a good time to check is in the middle of the night, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I was able to get FTTF this month for my first cruise in May 2018. I had to check daily since I heard they sell out fast. They are still available today so i assumeimg since it so far out people are not checking or not too many book yet.

We are booked on the Paradise for Oct 9th going to Cuba and Cozumel. We booked it about a month ago and FTTF was available so I grabbed one. Surprisingly, it's still available today. I've never seen it last that long before.

FTTF was sold out when we booked our 8/17 trip in 1/17. I keep checking back every day and so far no luck in getting it. Hopefully more spots will open up when we make our final payment in May. We were originally on the fence about getting it but in the end decided it is worth $70 to not have to lug carry ons and my husband's CPAP machine around lunch and the pool until our cabin is ready.

When they first came out with it, they said on here that they are released in blocks of 15. If I remember correctly, they released them twice. After that, it depended on how many P/D people they had. If there weren't many, they would release more.

As others have said, if someone has it and changes cabins to a suite, they will give up their FTTF or if someone has it and cancels their cruise at final payment, more will become available. Best bet is to just keep checking if you want it.

I don't blame you for being excited. It's an exciting vacation.

The best I can tell you from my experience is if the initial batch has sold out there is a good chance another batch will be released, probably around final payment date, but possibly on a smaller basis anytime as people cancel.

If a batch is offered it is likely to be at any time of day. If a cancellation I find that often appears very early in the morning.

I hope you enjoy your cruise, with or without FTTF. I haven't tired of it yet.

Happy sailing.

If I were to call them direct would they tell me anything ?? Thank you :)

It would depend on who you get on the other end. Call three times and you'll get three different answers.

As for how many are released, it just depends on the cruise. Fewer Diamond/Platinum cruisers will give you more FTTF. More will give you less as they get the benefits of it first.

I'm seriously debating whether to cancel mine on my upcoming cruise. I've always had it (just 5 past cruises), but this cruise we have Autism on the Seas (not on the ship, but have the assistance package which is supposed to give priority embarkation and disembarkation but I haven't had it explained how they do it as of yet. Plus, we have no excursions planned and really just plan on relaxing and not in any rush to do anything. I wish someone who had experience with AOTS in this way could let me know but I can't seem to get any info.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm seriously debating whether to cancel mine on my upcoming cruise. I've always had it (just 5 past cruises), but this cruise we have Autism on the Seas (not on the ship, but have the assistance package which is supposed to give priority embarkation and disembarkation but I haven't had it explained how they do it as of yet. Plus, we have no excursions planned and really just plan on relaxing and not in any rush to do anything. I wish someone who had experience with AOTS in this way could let me know but I can't seem to get any info.

Which one of your children has Autism? I will be on the cruise with my family and my 16 year old has Asperger's