Vista vs. Sunshine

I have sailed both multiple times and I would say Vista. As the poster said, they both have similar features (Sunshine was the trial for many Vista features) but the Vista is Sunshine on steroids.....meant only in a positive way.

For me, one of the considerations would be the price of the cruise. We enjoyed Sunshine and we found Port Canaveral to be quite workable. I've not been on Vista but I'm confident she's very nice and probably a step up. How much? Eye of the beholder.

Another vote for VISTA! Vista is my fav Carnival ship, at least until I sail the Horizon next May.

I like new, I like different, I actually liked getting lost or misdirected on a ship. I usually sail the Conquest class, and I could probably work my way through those ships blindfolded.

Another vote for VISTA! Vista is my fav Carnival ship, at least until I sail the Horizon next May.

I like new, I like different, I actually liked getting lost or misdirected on a ship. I usually sail the Conquest class, and I could probably work my way through those ships blindfolded.

Vista for sure...do a search for the all the threads on the issues with Sunshine being too small for the crowds, the Vista is much newer (Sunshine oldest ship in the fleet with many updates)...

Sunshine is much older than Vista but there are several that are older.

Vista for sure...do a search for the all the threads on the issues with Sunshine being too small for the crowds, the Vista is much newer (Sunshine oldest ship in the fleet with many updates)...

Ummmmm wrong

Sent from my iPhone

Don't just say wrong , Share some of that wisdom with the poster ;p

OK, despite the argument as to whether the ship is the Destiny or the Sunshine, older (not sure what that means to the poster) ships are: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Fascination, Sensation, Imagination and Inspiration which came out the same year as the Destiny.

The Destiny, once the largest ship in the world and the first cruise ship to break 100,000 tons was sent back to the ship yards where she was built and basically shorn off and gutted a large portion of the ship in a estimated makeover of $150 million and came back out in 2013 as the Sunshine.

Most of the innovations on the Vista were first piloted on the Sunshine, including the Havana area, the new smaller modular show room, making the center dinning room one floor and the floor above holding the Red Frog Pub, the Steakhouse, The Piano bar and more.

How did I do?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed Sunshine for a Journey's cruise. The ship is really showing its age. Our room smelled like Hamburgers the whole cruise. The comedy club is so tiny. We have not cruised the Vista. We will do that after the Horizon. However, we have never had a bad cruise on Carnival. The staff is always so pleasant. If you have a bad cruise, it is your own fault.

We sailed Sunshine for a Journey's cruise. The ship is really showing its age. Our room smelled like Hamburgers the whole cruise. The comedy club is so tiny. We have not cruised the Vista. We will do that after the Horizon. However, we have never had a bad cruise on Carnival. The staff is always so pleasant. If you have a bad cruise, it is your own fault.

Hamburgers????

OK, despite the argument as to whether the ship is the Destiny or the Sunshine, older (not sure what that means to the poster) ships are: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Fascination, Sensation, Imagination and Inspiration which came out the same year as the Destiny.

The Destiny, once the largest ship in the world and the first cruise ship to break 100,000 tons was sent back to the ship yards where she was built and basically shorn off and gutted a large portion of the ship in a estimated makeover of $150 million and came back out in 2013 as the Sunshine.

Most of the innovations on the Vista were first piloted on the Sunshine, including the Havana area, the new smaller modular show room, making the center dinning room one floor and the floor above holding the Red Frog Pub, the Steakhouse, The Piano bar and more.

How did I do?

You exceeded beyond my wildest expectations :o

Sent from my pad using my fingers.:D