Hairdryers and power sources

It's fast approaching our first cruise on Freedom of the seas and I'm wondering if there are hairdryers in staterooms? Also am I correct in thinking the powers sources will be American?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

It's fast approaching our first cruise on Freedom of the seas and I'm wondering if there are hairdryers in staterooms? Also am I correct in thinking the powers sources will be American?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

There are hair dryers in every stateroom.

There will be two US 110V outlets and one Euro 220V outlet near the vanity.

Hair dryers have a button you have to hold down the entire time you use it. They take about twice as long to dry my hair than my own. If we drive to port I always take my own 1/2 and 1/2 if we are flying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hair dryers have a button you have to hold down the entire time you use it. They take about twice as long to dry my hair than my own. If we drive to port I always take my own 1/2 and 1/2 if we are flying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bring a rubber band with you and put over the button to hold it down while using. Slip off while not in use. Leave for the next person. Had someone do this many cruises ago, have been doing it ever since.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I always bring my own it's stronger and has an extra long cord I can at times almost reach the bathroom where I prefer to dry my hair. The ones on the ship are in the dresser drawer and there is no plug in the bathroom...hate this feature. Would much prefer they were like most hotel dryers and in the bathroom.

I have either done the rubber band trick

or I make time on our Caribbean cruise with my bobbed hair----

Sitting on the balcony and letting the ocean breeze start to dry my hair...........

Then finish it off with the hair dryer in the cabin.

Safe travels.

My hair is so thin it drys by itself in no time so it's not worth taking my hairdryer I barely use it at home!! but might need to use it if short on time, I will be bringing straighteners