Msc divina review with pics

hockeyguru32

We hop on the free shuttle from the Car Rental at Terminal 1 and head over to Terminal 3 get our bags checked in hmmmmmmmmmm how could that be lighter when we came and we bought souvineers? I guess our luggage went on a diet while we were cruising. After bags where gone down the conveyor we went to go thru security.

Put our bags on the scanner as they are going thru, I asked DW if she put the GPS Dash pad in a tray? OPPPSSS nope in her carryon concealed again LOL.

I'm getting dressed and again officer comes over whose is this. I learnt my lesson kept my piehole shut. DW shy voice mine LOL!!!!! Yes we know the routine but still funny. DW says I KNEW IT was in there and forgot to take it out and laughed. I'm just glad that security is so thorough with stuff like that you never know. By this time it's 3:40pm

I turn on my WiFi and I get a message from Jet Blue that know one wants to hear or read or see. YOUR FLIGHT IS DELAYED ARRIVAL TIME IS 8:00pm. O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's 3:40pm we dropped off our car and now we are STUCK here until after 8:00pm. I looked at the email and it was send at 3:30;pm while I'm driving and no data UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So hunger hits and we get a bite to eat it's 5:30pm and I go look to see if by chance the flight is ahead of schedule? Nope Delayed to 8:15 now. Great!!!!!!!!!!! I missed the darn Kentucky Derby too and tried to stream it with ZERO luck however after the race was over I know who won. 7:00pm go see if any changes yep its changed to 8:30pm Ahhhh S^*&T.

20170506_154748_zpsihslqzix.jpg

Yup people that's how I feel too. YO!!!!! Mr Jet Blue there is a plane there that's been sitting for 2 hours move it over to our gate so I can get home. So I go over to check to see if we are on schedule YUP DELAYED to 8:51. So we go from 5:30 to 8:51. Look again 20 minutes later Delayed to 9:36pm, that means I'll be in DTW by midnight and home by 1:30 if all goes well. And it doesn't look like things are going well today. I knew it was going to be a long day but not this long but I guess that is the things you have to deal with when travelling.

20170506_154752_zpsc84ef4md.jpg

Nothing else to do but charge your phone and play Candy Crush. FYI I don't play games on any device. Finally our plane arrive at gate F5 at 9:02pm. We board at 9:22pm we backed out of the gate at 9:45 and in the air at 9:56pm.

We arrived at DTW at 12:27am and off the plane at 12:40 and headed to baggage claim got our bags and out of the terminal to get the shuttle to get our car. Shuttle was waiting there. We got to the car parking and on our way at 1:03am. Drove to the border and stopped at the duty free store it's 1:43am, since we were away for more than 48 hours we are allowed to bring back a case of beer or a 40oz of liquor per person without paying duty, a case of beer is 45 bucks Canadian, here it's a bargain at $20.00 Canadian a case and $18.00 for 40oz of vodka. I also fill up here with gas as well. Gas where I live is $1.09 per liter and at the pumps at the duty free is .78 cents a liter.

CANADIAN LESSON...................There is .26 US Liquid Gallons per 1 Liquid Liter

We pay the $6.00 and start are traverse over the Ambassador Bridge it is the busiest border crossing between Canada and the United States in trade volume of goods internationally. We get to the border officer. Hand the agent our passports, Where you from? I tell her. What was your purpose? We went on a cruise out of Miami to the Caribbean. How long away? 11 Days ma'am. Anything to declare? $300.00 in souvineers, a case of beer, and a bottle of Vodka. She hands back our passports and says you're free to go. We cleared customs at 2:03am. Hop on the McDonald Cartier Highway AKA 401 head East and arrive home at 3:05am.

Ok I don't feel like doing anymore of this review so I quit.....JUST KIDDING I promised you a Deck Review so It is

MSC DIVINA DECK REVIEW

What I plan to do here is give you what is on each deck I will try and show you from forward to aft and hopefully if memory serves me correctly port and starboard. I did say hopefully right?

So Deck 4 is a crew deck and where you get off at ports of call there is not much on here. Deck 8 Artemide Deck 9 Minerva Deck 10 Guinone Deck 11 which was ours Iride Cabin 11204

_DSC0425_zpsxkhhcmkb.jpg

_DSC0462_zpslzgvpabr.jpg

_DSC0464_zpsvfvyyg3e.jpg

_DSC0465_zpsndkkephw.jpg

_DSC0466_zpss3qatuta.jpg

Gratuitous bathroom shot. I like the shower with the doors not a curtain.

_DSC0468_zps6q3jsclv.jpg

Deck 12 Aurora Deck 13 Cupido are also staterooms.

Lets start at the bottom and work our way up.

DECK 5 SATURNO

_DSC0250_zpsssoypzil.jpg

So If you notice the signs the Deck you are currently on is in White. All other Decks are Blue. Forward are Ocean View Staterooms

_DSC0253_zps9z25wiip.jpg

Divina Reception and where they hold Art Auctions

_DSC0252_zps5gggrwqm.jpg

Divina Bar Starboard

_DSC0254_zpsfcfuwafs.jpg

Divina Reception this is where the "front desk" is This is where I added cash to our sign and sail cards. These are located Port and Starboard.

_DSC0256_zpsxrykmsur.jpg

If you wish to use your credit card to activate your sign and sail card you can do it here as or at reception. There is another machine on Deck 6.

_DSC0258_zps9jz0qjxe.jpg

Elevators Mid Ship in the reception area

My apologies for the poor picture quality I am still learning my DSLR camera and haven't got the inside photos down to a science yet.

_DSC0259_zpshfsh9rsp.jpg

The blurry Cyber Café port side we were having internet problems on this shot

_DSC0260_zpsbtminyup.jpg

It's not an MSC Divina review if you do not put the Swarovski crystal stair case in it. It's said each stair cost 3000 euro each and there are 100 stairs.

_DSC0261_zpsxd56ixat.jpg

Still on the port side

_DSC0262_zps3cuvfsvw.jpg

_DSC0263_zpstfuoylu4.jpg

port side reception

_DSC0249_zpsouhcynjc.jpg

Starboard side mid seating area between the Black Crab restaurant and the Divina Bar.

I'm with you! On page three and not even on board....

I think at the very first post I did mention it was about my adventure and yes the title does say MSC Review with pictures. Not only a Hog review a baseball review, a Harley review, an airplane review, a shopping review, another hotel review, a 2 sea day review, a St Maarten review, San Juan review, another sea day review, Nassau review, getting kicked off review, a going home review, and now a deck review. So yes the Hog review was in there thank you for reading it much appreciated.

Wow, great review! Loved it, loved the photos and your unique sense of humor!:D

Sorry though that your journey home was riddled with complications, but thankfully you are both home safe and sound with great vacation memories of your cruise. Hope you will continue to make cruise reviews in the future. BTW I also love Carnival Liberty. I had the best cruise of my life on Liberty. They were all good, but that one was special.:)

I have to say that I have really enjoyed your review! One of the best I have read in a long time. Don't get me wrong (you can if you want) there are some really detailed reviews out there, but in my opinion, sometimes they become novels rather than reviews. And some like to tease you with the "live from" Topic and then they give you the pre-cruise info. in detail, to come back weeks later with a paragraph or two. Those are the ones that really make me roll my eyes! Some way you found the perfect balance and made it fun and informative. Way to go HockeyGuru!! Your time and talent is much appreciated!

No....HockeyGuru did not pay me to write this (well...not much anyway:)) Just kidding!

Wow, great review! Loved it, loved the photos and your unique sense of humor!:D

Sorry though that your journey home was riddled with complications, but thankfully you are both home safe and sound with great vacation memories of your cruise. Hope you will continue to make cruise reviews in the future. BTW I also love Carnival Liberty. I had the best cruise of my life on Liberty. They were all good, but that one was special.:)

Thank you so much SMSACE6 seeing comments like this makes it very rewarding. I hope you continue to read as I finish up and give my final thoughts as well as some comparisons of what I liked and didn't like in the 3 cruise lines we have been on.

I agree with you all cruises are good but some just stand out more than others especially to me my first because you're always comparing

I have to say that I have really enjoyed your review! One of the best I have read in a long time. Don't get me wrong (you can if you want) there are some really detailed reviews out there, but in my opinion, sometimes they become novels rather than reviews. And some like to tease you with the "live from" Topic and then they give you the pre-cruise info. in detail, to come back weeks later with a paragraph or two. Those are the ones that really make me roll my eyes! Some way you found the perfect balance and made it fun and informative. Way to go HockeyGuru!! Your time and talent is much appreciated!

No....HockeyGuru did not pay me to write this (well...not much anyway:)) Just kidding!

Correct I did not pay or endorse anyone one here and thanks for your kind words E@syPe@zy (EP for short) I know my review didn't start out well and that's fine I have it all saved in a word document so I can relive it, and if I ever am fortunate enough to have grandkids they can see where nana and pops went and how good they looked way back then :).

EP your time and anyone else reading this is the best thing I can ask for, so thank you so much for following along. As I said before comments like this make it worth my time. I've been writing since May 7th the day after we got home from our cruise and I will hope to be done by this weekend. Luckily it has rained the last two days and my umpiring duties have been cancelled and I can continue to do this for you all and speed up the process.

We were at Hurts at 10:15 so I'm 15 minutes lateand the cab fare was $25.00 with tip.

RANT ALERT......................So I'm waiting inline there are 3 other people ahead of me a regular line and a gold customerservice line for people who rent a lot I guess. There are 2 agents working andserving two customers. So next people get in line and they agent asks can Ihelp you and the customer starts speaking in Spanish. And my luck the agentdoesn't speak Spanish but the other agent does and hes helping an Englishspeaking customer. Wouldn't it have been a great idea if those two agents switchedcustomers? One would think right? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally the Spanish speakingagent was trying to help 2 people at a time. I'm like are you serious, 20minutes go buy they are still helping the same people and the English speakingcustomer also speaks Spanish to this guy as well and telling him what he needsetc. FINALLY they get it all figured out Mr. English customer leaves and nextgentleman in line.

Then 2 people come in and stand in this gold lineby this time it’s 40 minutes later and I'm still waiting in line one otherahead of me and 1 in the gold line. Patience is not my virtue on this day.Now I'm next, and what happens yup this gold member who says he’s a gold membergets called ahead of me and they put his stuff in the computer and they can’tfind his reservation because it was FROM YESTERDAY!!!!!! Why meeeeee????? Thisdude didn't have enough money on his card so he got denied yesterday andhe's back to say he's got money now to cover the rental. He wasn't a goldmember so now I have to wait for him to be done. I hear next please, I startwalking up and who butts in front of me the gentleman who can’t speak Englishsays his car isn't big enough to hold 4 people and their luggage. Like whydidn't they know that before they rented him a car. I have to wait again.

IN LINE ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here I'mthinking crap I'm going to be late to rent my car pfffffftttttttttttttt.NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go walking up there agent says one minute sir I’ll beright back…… ARE YOU F%&^() kidding ME REALLY after waiting an hour in lineyou're telling me to wait. I smile and said sure.

How can I help you sir? Yes, I had a reservationfor 10:00am. Ok sir let me see…….. nope no reservation? WHAT? I'm sure there issir I reserved 2 months ago and I've waited in line 1 hour there is areservation, here is my confirmation. Oh yes here it is let me see if we have acar for you.

I'm freaking out 4 people just went into HURTSand rented cars with only 1 reservation from a previous day and you're going totell me who booked a reservation 2 months in advance and because I was waitingin line an hour you might not have a car for me AM I BEING PUNKED where is thecamera please tell me where it is. DW who wouldn't say crap if her mouth wasfull of it was getting perturbed too.

Oh yes, we have one sirit JUST came in….Your darn right one came in it better have been there allalong. We are all settled, agent says take the elevator to the 5th floor andget your car and here’s a card to get out of the lot.

That decides it, we're using the MIA shuttle, another poster warned me this could happen at downtown locations, and this is the proof of the pudding.

Since it was our last time in the MDR I asked Neil and Ladel if we could get a picture with them and agreed. They were very shy at first and started warming up to us by Day 3. I like comical banter during supper service makes it fun.

20170505_180802_zpsvnyxmbve.jpg

And I cant forget this Gentleman, he made our supper service happen after a disastrous start. He is a class act and when he says if you have a problem you talk to me and I will fix it, he is a man of his word and fixed it.

20170504_185645_zps3esq4ygq.jpg

So Thank You George for your service and I rated you very highly on my MSC survey I got in my email.

Back to the cabin we went and Annalisa was in the hallway and asked for a picture together

20170505_194044_zpsh8alls7a.jpg

This lady was very hard working and so kind and considerate, especially with DW birthday. We had ice in our room every afternoon when we came back from lunch and evening when we came back from supper. A real sweetheart and she got an amazing review as well.

We opened up our cabin and this was waiting for us.

20170505_194353_zpsjug9qtfc.jpg

From the Maitre D of the hotel

The show started at 9:15pm and here he is..............

20170505_205812_zpswfeyfm1d.jpg

Michael Smurf. Ok sorry to tease and NOW I introduce you too...............

20170505_210454_zpshjbrvlm4.jpg

Our Cruise Director Darren McColl. His contract was up next week and the only time I seen this guy was on the early morning show on TV and on stage at the theatre. I never ran into him any other times which I thought was unusual. His favourite line was Ladies and Gentleman do you want to see more?????????? Tomorrow.

We thought this was odd too in our limited experience. But we think the Captain does a lot of the stuff done by other lines cruise director's on MSC.

We hop on the free shuttle from the Car Rental at Terminal 1 and head over to Terminal 3 get our bags checked in hmmmmmmmmmm how could that be lighter when we came and we bought souvineers? I guess our luggage went on a diet while we were cruising. After bags where gone down the conveyor we went to go thru security.

Put our bags on the scanner as they are going thru, I asked DW if she put the GPS Dash pad in a tray? OPPPSSS nope in her carryon concealed again LOL.

I'm getting dressed and again officer comes over whose is this. I learnt my lesson kept my piehole shut. DW shy voice mine LOL!!!!! Yes we know the routine but still funny. DW says I KNEW IT was in there and forgot to take it out and laughed. I'm just glad that security is so thorough with stuff like that you never know. By this time it's 3:40pm

I turn on my WiFi and I get a message from Jet Blue that know one wants to hear or read or see. YOUR FLIGHT IS DELAYED ARRIVAL TIME IS 8:00pm. O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's 3:40pm we dropped off our car and now we are STUCK here until after 8:00pm. I looked at the email and it was send at 3:30;pm while I'm driving and no data UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So hunger hits and we get a bite to eat it's 5:30pm and I go look to see if by chance the flight is ahead of schedule? Nope Delayed to 8:15 now. Great!!!!!!!!!!! I missed the darn Kentucky Derby too and tried to stream it with ZERO luck however after the race was over I know who won. 7:00pm go see if any changes yep its changed to 8:30pm Ahhhh S^*&T.

20170506_154748_zpsihslqzix.jpg

Yup people that's how I feel too. YO!!!!! Mr Jet Blue there is a plane there that's been sitting for 2 hours move it over to our gate so I can get home. So I go over to check to see if we are on schedule YUP DELAYED to 8:51. So we go from 5:30 to 8:51. Look again 20 minutes later Delayed to 9:36pm, that means I'll be in DTW by midnight and home by 1:30 if all goes well. And it doesn't look like things are going well today. I knew it was going to be a long day but not this long but I guess that is the things you have to deal with when travelling.

20170506_154752_zpsc84ef4md.jpg

Nothing else to do but charge your phone and play Candy Crush. FYI I don't play games on any device. Finally our plane arrive at gate F5 at 9:02pm. We board at 9:22pm we backed out of the gate at 9:45 and in the air at 9:56pm.

We arrived at DTW at 12:27am and off the plane at 12:40 and headed to baggage claim got our bags and out of the terminal to get the shuttle to get our car. Shuttle was waiting there. We got to the car parking and on our way at 1:03am. Drove to the border and stopped at the duty free store it's 1:43am, since we were away for more than 48 hours we are allowed to bring back a case of beer or a 40oz of liquor per person without paying duty, a case of beer is 45 bucks Canadian, here it's a bargain at $20.00 Canadian a case and $18.00 for 40oz of vodka. I also fill up here with gas as well. Gas where I live is $1.09 per liter and at the pumps at the duty free is .78 cents a liter.

CANADIAN LESSON...................There is .26 US Liquid Gallons per 1 Liquid Liter

We pay the $6.00 and start are traverse over the Ambassador Bridge it is the busiest border crossing between Canada and the United States in trade volume of goods internationally. We get to the border officer. Hand the agent our passports, Where you from? I tell her. What was your purpose? We went on a cruise out of Miami to the Caribbean. How long away? 11 Days ma'am. Anything to declare? $300.00 in souvineers, a case of beer, and a bottle of Vodka. She hands back our passports and says you're free to go. We cleared customs at 2:03am. Hop on the McDonald Cartier Highway AKA 401 head East and arrive home at 3:05am.

I deduce from this you're from the Chatham area. We're close to 99's old home town.

Silver Lounge Mid Ship runs port to starboard with nightly entertainment. There was a duo that played here. They were good.

_DSC0300_zpsf7jtatw5.jpg

_DSC0299_zps1sfsuqxr.jpg

_DSC0301_zpsbdd5q9gy.jpg

_DSC0302_zpsadvwvzcc.jpg

Looking down on the Reception area Deck 5

Cruise consultant starboard

_DSC0303_zpsaihdcvwo.jpg

_DSC0304_zpspavnjgwr.jpg

DECK 7 APOLLO

Again Pantheon Theatre is forward deck 7

La Luna Bar port and starboard, again another duo played here nightly.

_DSC0335_zpsm129e4qb.jpg

_DSC0336_zpsomn68qtr.jpg

_DSC0337_zpsm0ctj4e8.jpg

_DSC0338_zps2on0vczg.jpg

Galleria d' Arte midship port and starboard

_DSC0334_zpsyhcizunw.jpg

_DSC0333_zpseteohofq.jpg

Midship Deck 7 runs port to starboard

_DSC0348_zpsol2nfriw.jpg

_DSC0349_zpsoddatj4n.jpg

_DSC0353_zpssawmkyec.jpg

_DSC0356_zpsn4rrxvoj.jpg

Starboard side this is where DW realized she had the wrong sign and sail card.

_DSC0351_zpshulqcvjz.jpg

_DSC0352_zpswtbuwgjj.jpg

They had some nice hoodies and hats in here but didn't partake of any