Msc divina review with pics

hockeyguru32

Touche........ I bet that comes out in 2020

Now known as 6/6 hereabouts since we went metric!

Lights out at 11pm - no wonder you're an early riser. It's something I'm constantly promising we'll do on our next cruise but we still end up not going to bed 'til 1.30am or later! I just love dancing the night away.

Edited by Beamafar

Snail Mail anyone?

San Cristobal Statue in the Square

They have vendors and pigeons here the pigeons out numbered the vendors 30 to 1

That cloud above didn't look good then it let loose

You can see Fort Cristobal in the background it is the largest Spanish built fort in the new world

We hung out under a tree and I put the camera away so it wouldn't get wet. We saw a trolley there are 3 trolley lines in San Juan and they are free to ride and take donations. The red, green and black line take you around the city of Old San Juan. We hopped on the black trolley at stop 6 which was just south of where this picture above was taken. Two or 3 blocks from the cruise port this trolley will take you to both forts as well.

Here is what the trolley stops look like for the black line.

_DSC0223_zpsuh9p63vj.jpg

I like the blue cobblestone roads

_DSC0241_zps1f5igutx.jpg

Uh Oh looks like this pigeon lost her flip flop could have been a rough night or to much monfongo and gave her gout.

OMG :'):'):'):'), good one!

Save

Save

_DSC0196_zpsysbg6ac7.jpg

_DSC0195_zpshyuivhyx.jpg

Ok I had better get back to the cabin it was a bit before 8:00am. DW was up and ready to go get some breakfast she knew I would be up on deck until we docked. So out the cabin we went to Calumet buffet. We were in no hurry to get off the ship. For breakfast I had waffles French toast yogurt croissants and breakfast pizza. YES PIZZA this was so good they had different one everyday this half eaten one (my apologies) was ham. If you liked poached eggs you will like this.

20170504_072740_zpscwi0dktj.jpg

After I ate I went outside to the aft of the ship to look around and check out the weather it looked like rain was eminent. As I was out there so was the executive chef and had a nice chit chat with him.He asked how my experience was going. I learned he was on his last cruise for this contract and when we got back to Miami he was going back home to Italy.

We were off the ship by 9:00am. What I did notice MSC do not have a lot of photographers taking pictures of you. We only got our pictures taken 3 times. Once at embarkation and twice in the MDR. No port pictures were taken on the gangway at all. We decide to take a walk to San Cristobal square this is near the other fort San Cristobal imagine that.

_DSC0198_zpscvrk1gxr.jpg

Bellissimo

_DSC0199_zpst5kvncqi.jpg

All the staff a very friendly, but never forward. And striking up a friendly conversation with the staff in your favorite haunts will work much better than over the top tipping.

There are usually photographers hanging around the crystal staircases etc for after dinner pictures if you want them.

We're really enjoying hearing about the different activity options for when we repeat the cruise in November.

Day 6 May 4th Sea Day

Happy May the 4th be with you.

vader_zpsb3ghspzx.jpg

I was up and at it again same timesame channel. Ship was quiet so I decided to take the opportunity to get picsof decks 5 6 and 7 while you were all sleeping for this review so I thank you.Since it was a sea day we were going to hang out at the Aqua Park. I went bacto the cabin DW was up and ready to go for breakfast so we took our orangetowels and do what the Romans, Italians, French, Greek, Americans, Canadians etc etc were doing and put them on a lounger.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all those who play by the rules here is my plea to those who don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask you this if you are a lounge chair hog......This is how it should be done. We sat in our loungers DW went to get her breakfast while I sat in my lounger and protected hers from the other orange towels or books or missing flip flops, or suntan lotion. When DW came back with her plate, it was my turn I left and got my breakfast. See how hard is that to do it is only polite right? So I challenge all you people who hog loungers be kind to others and do the right thing.

Ok my pet peeve rant is over back to the review....

TIP ALERT..........there is a cart outside on deck 14 that serves omelettes that are made rightin front of you. They also have potatoes and sausages here as well. I meant to do this one morning but never did. After breakfastI'd go out to deck 14 and could have had a V8 moment and said WHY do I alwaysforget about this guy every morning

20170504_083926_zpsesicmycf.jpg

Feet having a good time chillin'

20170504_114937_zpszoydwcot.jpg

Relaxing, this is the life isn't it? We brought our own towels as well to decipher whose lounger is whose. As you notice in the background the people behind me in this picture. They had sales going on for jewelry, camera stuff, spa products, and MSC swag.

They also did a beer trivia, where they showed you a bottle of beer on the big screen and you had to guess or know what country that beer came from. I didn't do to bad I got 16 out of 20. We did a little bit of swimming, the pool is salt water and very refreshing.

It was lunch time and we gave up our precious loungers to some people that used one lounger for 12 people or so it seemed to me. To the Buffet we went and had to have pizza of course and salad and those delicious crusty rolls and they had another roll there that looked like an ice cream cone with sesame seeds on it, it was delicious I wish I would have found out about these little morsels earlier, oh well always next time right?

20170504_121931_zpsiwptfozl.jpg

Lunch is served

20170504_220540_zpspil42gho.jpg

I want to take this home

After lunch we just hung out walking around and back to the cabin and had a nap. Woke up watched some TV and got ready for supper. You know it's getting close to being kicked off the ship when you start seeing disembarkation instructions on the TV.

Headed to the MDR and seated at 6:00pm it was formal night. We ordered our meal at 6:15pm.

20170504_183054_zps6ffrnrec.jpg

DW's Potato Leak Soup. I didn't seeany leaks in her potatoes. Apps arrived at 6:30pm

20170504_183058_zps57hcwvpk.jpg

I had the Carpaccio of 90 days airdried beef bresaola. I couldn't tell you if it was dried a day over 80.

20170504_185826_zpscnhiv0wp.jpg

Mainscame at 6:59pm. DW's Spinach Raviloli Popeye's recommendation

20170504_185858_zpspdb8isdj.jpg

My Beef Wellington recommended byGordon Ramsay

20170504_192418_zpshycmv0eh.jpg

The parading of the Baked Alaskathat inspired DW so much

20170504_191948_zpskuxzsgts.jpg

Baked Alaska but here in Ontario atmy house I call it Neapolitan ice cream. I helped her eat polish this off.

20170504_191959_zpshezjqcon.jpg

I didn't see much that appealed tome so I just ordered the cheese plate. Dessert was finished at 7:30 and out ofthe MDR at 7:45pm.

You guessed it back to the cabin to get out of my suit andget comfy we were going to the theatre to see tonight's production entitledTreasure Island.

As you can tell by the title it was a pirate theme like Pirates of the Caribbean, a very high energy show with acrobats and singing very well done I liked it. I have videos of some of the show it will be on my YouTube channel.

After the show we went to Aqua Park to see what was on the big screen it was Ben Hur, it was half over so we left had a drink and pizza and hit the hay we were in Nassau tomorrow

I could not find your videos on YouTube anywhere ! Are they not posted yet?

Also , I wanted to call you out on a previous post about "Netflix and Chill ". Ask any high school kid what that is "code" for, and you just might blush a bit . LOL

I'm truly enjoying your review , and check back hourly for any updates ! ( I really need to get a life ! )

Oh dear I have to confess reading this is a guilty pleasure of mine also!

I check back far too often. The planning of a holiday is as much the fun as going on it for me!!

YOu are not alone in checking too often for updates!

Also , I wanted to call you out on a previous post about "Netflix and Chill ". Ask any high school kid what that is "code" for, and you just might blush a bit . LOL

I'm truly enjoying your review , and check back hourly for any updates ! ( I really need to get a life ! )

Day 6 May 4th Sea Day

Happy May the 4th be with you.

vader_zpsb3ghspzx.jpg

I was up and at it again same timesame channel. Ship was quiet so I decided to take the opportunity to get picsof decks 5 6 and 7 while you were all sleeping for this review so I thank you.Since it was a sea day we were going to hang out at the Aqua Park. I went bacto the cabin DW was up and ready to go for breakfast so we took our orangetowels and do what the Romans, Italians, French, Greek, Americans, Canadians etc etc were doing and put them on a lounger.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all those who play by the rules here is my plea to those who don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask you this if you are a lounge chair hog......This is how it should be done. We sat in our loungers DW went to get her breakfast while I sat in my lounger and protected hers from the other orange towels or books or missing flip flops, or suntan lotion. When DW came back with her plate, it was my turn I left and got my breakfast. See how hard is that to do it is only polite right? So I challenge all you people who hog loungers be kind to others and do the right thing.

Ok my pet peeve rant is over back to the review....

TIP ALERT..........there is a cart outside on deck 14 that serves omelettes that are made rightin front of you. They also have potatoes and sausages here as well. I meant to do this one morning but never did. After breakfastI'd go out to deck 14 and could have had a V8 moment and said WHY do I alwaysforget about this guy every morning

20170504_083926_zpsesicmycf.jpg

Feet having a good time chillin'

20170504_114937_zpszoydwcot.jpg

Relaxing, this is the life isn't it? We brought our own towels as well to decipher whose lounger is whose. As you notice in the background the people behind me in this picture. They had sales going on for jewelry, camera stuff, spa products, and MSC swag.

They also did a beer trivia, where they showed you a bottle of beer on the big screen and you had to guess or know what country that beer came from. I didn't do to bad I got 16 out of 20. We did a little bit of swimming, the pool is salt water and very refreshing.

It was lunch time and we gave up our precious loungers to some people that used one lounger for 12 people or so it seemed to me. To the Buffet we went and had to have pizza of course and salad and those delicious crusty rolls and they had another roll there that looked like an ice cream cone with sesame seeds on it, it was delicious I wish I would have found out about these little morsels earlier, oh well always next time right?

20170504_121931_zpsiwptfozl.jpg

Lunch is served

20170504_220540_zpspil42gho.jpg

I want to take this home

After lunch we just hung out walking around and back to the cabin and had a nap. Woke up watched some TV and got ready for supper. You know it's getting close to being kicked off the ship when you start seeing disembarkation instructions on the TV.

[/quoteYour rant made me chuckle, back in the old country Brits and Germans would play a game with their beach towels and loungers. The Germans would put their towels out before going to bed. Then the Brits would come back from the night clubs drunk in the early hours and throw all the German towels etc into the swimming pool.:eek:

[/quoteYour rant made me chuckle, back in the old country Brits and Germans would play a game with their beach towels and loungers. The Germans would put their towels out before going to bed. Then the Brits would come back from the night clubs drunk in the early hours and throw all the German towels etc into the swimming pool.:eek:

Now that's MY kinda game!! ;):D

Thanks for following faitfully graminator, I will work on the YouTube videos when this is done and I will provide a link to it. I took more videos I think than I did pictures.

As for Netflix and Chill? I know EXACTLY what it refers to, I'm around 16 to 21 year olds (my hockey team) a lot so that's where I get my information from. I'm very current on their lingo and if I don't know what it means I ask them LOL

My next installment will be sometime tomorrow when we are in Nassau, then getting kicked off the ship, our trip home and then finish with the inside and what is on each deck.

Oh dear I have to confess reading this is a guilty pleasure of mine also!

I check back far too often. The planning of a holiday is as much the fun as going on it for me!!

YOu are not alone in checking too often for updates!

Thank you for following Ember much appreciated.

Now that's MY kinda game!! ;):D

The Monday when it rained all day and we sat there for 3 hours and watched those towel soaked loungers, no one came and claimed their towels. And as much as I'd like to toss their stuff I don't have the heart to do it.

All these cruise lines state the loungers have time limits, but don't inforce it. The ONLY time I saw it enforced was last year on NCL Escape, we actually saw staff putting stickers on the lounge chairs and when the time was up the towels and property where taken and put behind the bar. I was impressed and shocked at the same time.

I am following along and I am loving your review. Hubby and I have sailed on Divina twice already and we will be taking our 16 yr old daughter with us when we do another cruise on her in July (just a short 3 night sailing). We forget about the omelette station on the pool deck every time too...we were sitting at breakfast in the Black Crab one morning and I was halfway through my breakfast (which consisted of an omelette from there, lol) before I remembered. I love the buffet on Divina, and with so many options I completely forgot about the omelette station. Hopefully I can remember to make it by there this next trip :o

Edited by Asecert
update

I am following along and I am loving your review. Hubby and I have sailed on Divina twice already and we will be taking our 16 yr old daughter with us when we do another cruise on her in July (just a short 3 night sailing). We forget about the omelette station on the pool deck every time too...we were sitting at breakfast in the Black Crab one morning and I was halfway through my breakfast (which consisted of an omelette from there, lol) before I remembered. I love the buffet on Divina, and with so many options I completely forgot about the omelette station. Hopefully I can remember to make it by there this next trip :o

Hi Asecert thank you so much for following it makes me happy to know people are reading this. I know I'm nor review expert and this is my first review ever so I hope I am doing ok for you all or Y'all if your from the south.

I was like you I'd finish breakfast go out to the Aqua Park and say to DW O M G I forgot AGAIN grrrrrrrrrrrrr ok I'll do it tomorrow and tomorrow never came. But if I get a good deal again on MSC that will be my first. And I will document it ..........Oh YES Mr. Omelette Maker you will be mine.

Day 7 May 5th 2017 Nassau

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have said before I have read many reviews on ports I go to and this portalways mostly has negative reviews and I've read people stay on the ship and to each their own. I was very hesitant to book any cruise that went to Nassau because as I have said most reviews were negative. I don't know why that is and that's why I like to form my own opinion of this port.

So having said that the alarm went off up for my morning walk at 6:15am dang I really slept in 15 minutes wow. Our arrival time was noon and we were leaving at 6:00pm so that means all aboard by 5:30pm. The only thing planned was to walk around do some souvineer shopping and go to the John Watling Distillery. I did some research on this and it didn't look to far from the cruise port Aunt Google Maps said a 10-15 minute walk from the port. I had Aunt Google Maps get me walking directions and I printed it out at home prior tothe cruise and kept it with me.

I chose Aunt Google Maps because women are never wrong with directions(and most men wont follow them anyway)

Back to the cabin I went after my walk we went to breakfast at the buffet andhung out on deck. We had some ice cream and we could see Atlantis in the distance.

20170505_100115_zps4mmwmbdm.jpg

In my opinion Atlantis is very expensive place to do excursions, however I would like to go there once just to say Yup I've been there. You can take ataxi or a water ferry. Look at the blue water ahhhhhhhhhhh

20170505_102223_zpsnhm25u13.jpg

20170505_102230_zpsvtx7borb.jpg

What's that I see coming at us is that Jack Sparrow? Whew no its a tanker.

OH LOOK in the background.....it's it's it's another WHALE Tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I wonder what ship that could be. I always get excited when I see a WhaleTail and like to know if I've been on that ship.

20170505_102219_zpskm5bm1rx.jpg

I'm Getting Closer to My Home...... Name that artist and no Uncle Google please. I chose Uncle Google cause us men know everything just ask us lol

Answer below!!!!!!!

Edited by hockeyguru32

There is no charge at all except for drinks sans water. I, however, tried to go there on embarkation day, I asked one of the staff where it was and got denied. I was told it wasn't open and needed to go to the buffet, I did read on one review they did go there on embarkation day as it was empty, So all I can say from what my experience was it is not open on embarkation or debarkation days and the rest it is available.

Thank you so much! I was already really excited for my cruise, now I am elated :D

it makes me happy to know people are reading this. I know I'm nor review expert and this is my first review ever so I hope I am doing ok for you all or Y'all if your from the south.

/quote]

For a first review you're doing pretty good, HG. I get email alerts, so I don't have to keep checking in here to see what you post ;p

it makes me happy to know people are reading this. I know I'm nor review expert and this is my first review ever so I hope I am doing ok for you all or Y'all if your from the south.

/quote]

For a first review you're doing pretty good, HG. I get email alerts, so I don't have to keep checking in here to see what you post ;p

Thank you so much Bea:D

Hi Asecert thank you so much for following it makes me happy to know people are reading this. I know I'm nor review expert and this is my first review ever so I hope I am doing ok for you all or Y'all if your from the south.

Are you kidding (or kiddin").... this is great review!! One of the best!!

Now you wouldn't be just fishin' for high fives or back slaps would you??;p

Seriously...you are a very funny guy!! Your mattress moving comment had me in stitches....well that is....once I got the joke!?! We're a little slow down here in the South....well actually it was probably just me!

Keep us the great work...looking forward to more!

20170505_104818_zpszcxboayx.jpg

OH YES!!!!! My first LOVE!!!!!!!! I can hear Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross going through my head right now. I have a very soft spot for the Carnival Liberty, she was the first ship we ever cruised on and she was so good to us we kept cruising I love her. Sorry for the blurry picture and shadows in the windows I couldn't contain myself. I'm sure a lot of you are like that with your first ship loves as well if they are still in service. Good memories I'm sure. I DIGRESS sorry folks.

It was 11:00am when we got settled into our berth. I was happy where wewere docked at, we didn't have that long walk to the end of the pier at the very lastdock. We did that when we cruised NCL Escape last April 2016.

We went to ourcabin got the camera and DJI Osmo for my phone and headed to deck 4 (Crew Deck) to get off the ship. Wewere off by 11:15

Oh look another old girlfriend decided to follow me to Nassau

_DSC0469_zpsicar4igw.jpgThe Norwegian Escape I'm glad the Divina is in between my old girlfriends so they don't fight over me but if I had a choice and I do, I'd go back to the Liberty she was so good to me.

The Escape is berthed in the very last dock. I love the paintings on her they were done by GuyHarvey wonderful marine artist. Do you see how much longer the Escape iscompared to the Divina. Liberty is tiny in comparison but I still Love her.

It was a very windy day and my Osmo didn't like it one bit so I put it away and did the shaky picture and video mode.

_DSC0470_zpseue4jhpt.jpg

HEADS UP DOUBLE TIP ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIP ALERT......When walking off the ship you will turn right and head down the long pier towards the Nassau Welcome Building. You will enter said building where you can grab a map at the information booth which we did just incase Aunt Google Map was wrong which I highly doubt she was but always be prepared.

You the exit that building you will be in a gated area see above. If you turn right you will have all these vendors that sell you their wares, book your excursions rent a scooter which I would never do in a foreign country without an escort, braid your hair etc again you turn right if that's what you need.

IF YOU DON'T need or want any of that hassle go take the first set of doors in the Welcome Building walk through the building and continue to go straight you will pass the crew security shack on your left and you can exit that way. We had no excursion and didn't want to get tangled up with all the vendors and yes I know they need to make money I found this way easier for us.

TIP ALERT...........They do sell excursions outside the gate and please please please make sure these people have the proper ID on them typically on a lanyard around their neck. They will say official and have their picture on them with a license number.

_DSC0473_zpsk7f0d8xm.jpg

Outside the gated cruise port area. I don't think we are in Kansas anymore toto.

_DSC0471_zpsl7djjwac.jpg

This guy was cool. This is a couple blocks down out of the gate this street is called Woodes Rodgers Walk. This street will take you in the direction of Junkanoo Beach, British Colonial Hotel you can get an all day pass here for I think $60.00 USD and they give you a $40.00 food and drink voucher. And one place on this street I DETEST the most is the Straw Market, I will get into that later and also at the end of the street is Senior Frogs.

Also I like this street because it has 2 Harley Shops on it and I need to get new T-shirts and I bought 2 more and with the option of getting a Harley ball cap for $20.00 oh heck why not beats paying $40.00 all pricing in USD of course I couldn't afford the Canadian price.

So I have a love hate relationship to Woodes Rodgers Walk. As we continue to go to the Distillery.

_DSC0474_zps9xlksojs.jpg

So still heading west young man or women we reach Senior Frogs there is a small market on the left in the square, we make a slight left which turns into Navy Lion Road. Then another slight right turns in Marlborough Road the British Colonial Hotel is on the right hand side and there is a McDonald's on the left across the street kitty corner to the hotel. We stopped for a bite, a drink, and use the free WiFi to message our son at home and send some pictures on Facebook to brag just a little bit.

Our son said it had been cold and raining all week and flooding in areas around home. It was not nice to hear about the flooding but nice to hear it was cold as we were basking in the warm Caribbean waters.

After lunch we continued west on Marlborough Street to find West street. McDonalds is on the corner of Queen Street and Marlborough Street. The next street is west is West street and you turn Left onto West Street, going up the hill you will find this sign at the next intersection

_DSC0475_zpsowxpjypl.jpg

Yayyyyyy we are going in the right direction.

_DSC0476_zpscrnqn4mp.jpg

_DSC0477_zpsbfaekfxl.jpg

I think there were 3 or 4 churches on West Street.

_DSC0478_zpsycbm1kcn.jpg

_DSC0479_zps7e3ssymc.jpg

Darn I'm going to miss this. My stick figures are not very good anyway.

_DSC0480_zps5wpuysw0.jpg

National Art Gallery of the Bahama's. Admission is $10.00 per person, If you're local it's $7.00 and free on Sundays for locals. VAT is included. We are still on West street at the top of the hill looking for Delancy Street where we will hang a right.

Ah we found Delancy Street not far from the Art Gallery and hung a right to this series of pictures.

_DSC0481_zpsozac6zej.jpg

_DSC0484_zpshncvxuwm.jpg

Nice a clean space that provides a dumpster, how thoughtful

_DSC0483_zpsee7v5azx.jpg

OPPS!!!!!!! Someone didn't get the message or the car was a bit to big for the dumpster. Oh well I thought it was funny.

20 steps later the Holy Grail was found!!!!!!!!!!

_DSC0487_zpsntvjiboc.jpg

We made it, it wasn't to far of a walk, Aunt Google says 1.3km by the way we went.

Class PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!! I would like to teach you some Canadian Facts.

There is 6/10ths of a mile in 1 Kilometer. This is your homework for tonight, How many miles is 1.3km to answer to the nearest 10th? Again no Uncle Google.

This maybe given away for the correct answer.

20170505_141649_zpstmxnvpsk.jpg

There is no fee to get into the John Watling Distillery

_DSC0488_zpsmjbel6ks.jpg

Please follow the rules and no saving of lounge chairs here either.

_DSC0491_zpstniabhyq.jpg

_DSC0492_zpspmvuyjuo.jpg

His and His going on a tear and light up the town later. The one rooster says to the other, lets go pick up a couple of hot chicks.

_DSC0493_zps3f2tviah.jpg

_DSC0494_zpsdlyrufdz.jpg

I'll take 2 to go and can you deliver that to the MSC Divina Cabin 11204 please. Check out that Harley swag.

_DSC0496_zps7ti5engh.jpg

_DSC0497_zpszpnkrn4o.jpg

Where ALL the magic happens but mostly fermenting not even David Copperfield can do this magic. There was a barrel that you turned to see the process and steps to make the rum, rye, and vodka they made here, and there was no automation . They did a visual of what the colour and clarity of the product was it was passed over to another person to put the labels on by hand then over to a third person to put the finishing twine and decorations on the bottle. Then back to the inspector person to package it in a box and then onto a skid.

_DSC0498_zpsm1cmtka7.jpg

Back of the homestead that leads to the bar area and souvineer shop, where you can buy shirts, hats, booze you know the standard fare at all souvineer shops ;p.

_DSC0499_zps1inrdbcw.jpg

In the bar area you can sit and enjoy the different varieties they make, for a fee of course. You can also purchase bottles as well. GNOME ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_DSC0501_zpszouz1ogf.jpg

The reason for this shot? Well pretty flowers and...........

_DSC0503_zpsjknd34oi.jpg

This is on John Watling property