chops on anthem 1st nite: how busy

ill be celebrating an occasion on sailaway day and i've already read one post on another ship how crowded it was due to BOGO so i would like your experience as it relates to time in the restaurant. i'm not looking to get out in 30 minutes but i dont want to spend 3 hours my 1st nite on the ship in the restaurant.

week after thanksgiving if that matters

We did our first dinner at Chops on the first night on Anthem. It wasn't crowded at all but the wait was incredibly long. DW's steak was done perfectly to suit her taste however. Not a bad meal, but DO NOT make the same mistake I did - I ordered the Brazinni (fish). Big mistake. Don't get the fish.

We did our first dinner at Chops on the first night on Anthem. It wasn't crowded at all but the wait was incredibly long. DW's steak was done perfectly to suit her taste however. Not a bad meal, but DO NOT make the same mistake I did - I ordered the Brazinni (fish). Big mistake. Don't get the fish.

We returned from the Anthem 2 weeks ago and dined at Chops our first night. It was not that crowded, we did wait because we wanted a "private" table for 2. Once seated we were there for only an hr.

Marg

We returned from the Anthem 2 weeks ago and dined at Chops our first night. It was not that crowded, we did wait because we wanted a "private" table for 2. Once seated we were there for only an hr.

Marg

where did you get private. i see along the right here i hate that kind of seating. right up against each other. you ARE paying a premium to be here, not like the buffet.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/features/ships/top-25-tips/rci-chops-grille.jpg

where did you get private. i see along the right here i hate that kind of seating. right up against each other. you ARE paying a premium to be here, not like the buffet.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/features/ships/top-25-tips/rci-chops-grille.jpg

This is an issue for us so right away we tell the host/hostess what we would like. On this 12 night cruise we had a "private" table for two 10 out of the 12 nights, so we were happy. Some tables for 2 are so close you may as well be sitting with a table for 4 or 6, just not what we like at dinner time. What I don't get is when you have a table you like, and you have reservations every night why you are unable to get that table and 9 out of 10 times that table remains empty. Oh well, it's the way it's done, certainly not going to ruin our cruise, hey, I am not cooking!!!!

Marg

@johnjen --what was the problem with the fish -that's what I was contemplating to have

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also like to know.

We did the BOGO first two nights offer, hoping to get/switch into Wonderland but in case we end up getting stuck with Chops (DGF doesn't eat red meat.)

• 3 weeks later...

Did chops 2nd day -wonderful & thank-you johnjen -I had panned to order the branzino-after reading your posting -went with the steak & it was excellent-melted like butter in my mouth-however it was busy-& we were there close to 2.5 hrs -I informed waiter we had show afterwards & dessert/coffee-check pretty quickly after that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums