Elation out of Jacksonville 5/6/17. Full review in the works.

atj1971

awesome review! We leave July 6th and go to Freeport and Nassau. Our cabin is M181. do you know if that entire deck has been upgraded?

I can not answer for sure, but by then I would expect it to be. I hope you have a great time! I'm jealous!

Excellent review and I especially love the HMC pictures ;). So glad you had a good time and I hope to see you on a cruise in the future. You and your daughter were a lot of fun and I am glad you made it home safe.

Edited by RetiredArmyWoman

Thank you so much for the review. Looks like a great time. I have never been on Elatuon, but have her booked for three future cruises! One just before dry dock and two after. They are all scheduled to go to HMC. I have never been there and am so hoping we make it!

I am anxious to find out what they do with that aft area in dry dock. I think it is a shame they won't be adding water works since it has been added to most if not all other Fantasy class ships. But I agree that it doesn't seem to be the plan. A month long dry dock...you would think it would be more than just Guys, Alchemy, etc. That doesn't take a month. Oh well, it sounds like she is a great ship anyway.

Thank you so much for the review. Looks like a great time. I have never been on Elatuon, but have her booked for three future cruises! One just before dry dock and two after. They are all scheduled to go to HMC. I have never been there and am so hoping we make it!

I am anxious to find out what they do with that aft area in dry dock. I think it is a shame they won't be adding water works since it has been added to most if not all other Fantasy class ships. But I agree that it doesn't seem to be the plan. A month long dry dock...you would think it would be more than just Guys, Alchemy, etc. That doesn't take a month. Oh well, it sounds like she is a great ship anyway.

I hope you do a review with the changes when you return. I am pretty sure I will be sailing her again soon.

Excellent review. Thank you. Glad to see you had an awesome time on HMC.

Thank you for reading. HMC stops will definitely draw me in when picking my next cruise. I could have stayed there 2 days and skipped Nassau all together.

Happy sailing!

Very nice review. That private oasis on HMC is to die for, what an awesome experience.

Awesome experience doesn't even cover it. I am so thankful I got to enjoy it. HMC was so gorgeous, just having that as a port is amazing. If I was deciding on cruises and HMC was in the mix, I would pick it every time!

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent review! Thank you for taking the time :) I have definite plans to go on the Elation (after dry dock), but I just keep going back and forth between a cruise for just my husband and myself, or one that includes my two younger girls. I guess I'm hoping that there will be a waterworks area added after dry dock. Your pictures of HMC make me want to live there! I think a cruise that spent two days there (instead of just one) would be perfect!

By the way, your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

I just got an email from our CCL travel planner with the dry dock upgrades. They ARE doing a Water Works, but they do not believe it will be completed during the dry dock (probably just started). I would wait a few months after the dry dock for it to be up and running. They are redoing the kids' club though. :)

We're on the November 9th sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful, wonderful read! We are booked on Elation for Aug 12, 2017 and we booked only 2 days ago. I read some not so nice reviews on another website so after reading this and seeing your pictures, I am so excited to set sail on Aug 12th!

I haven't cruised for a few years. Somebody tell me what FTTF stands for please.

Wonderful, wonderful read! We are booked on Elation for Aug 12, 2017 and we booked only 2 days ago. I read some not so nice reviews on another website so after reading this and seeing your pictures, I am so excited to set sail on Aug 12th!

I haven't cruised for a few years. Somebody tell me what FTTF stands for please.

FTTF is Faster to the Fun. a program that gets you priority boarding, tenders, debarking and a faster guest service line. Basically, paying to get a bunch of the benefits that Platinum and up loyalty has been given.

Thank you for reading. :)

Before I boarded the Elation I was concerned because of the things I had read. When I booked it I hadn't done any research. I was so excited to just book one, I picked the specific cruise because of the port it left from and dates. So, after booking and looking up reviews I was a bit nervous.

I did a review hoping to ease someone else's mind who was having the same concerned thought as I did.

I love reading reviews!!! After this cruise, I realized that the things that I love about a cruise might not be the same thing the next person looks for. We all have our idea of vacation and fun. I have not had the pleasure of taking multiple cruises a year etc so maybe I just overlook things that more seasoned cruisers expect.

If I ever get to the point where the color of the ship's carpeting is going to ruin my vacation, I hope someone reminds me of the days that just being on a ship away from work with family was all I needed.

I hope you have a wonderful time!!!!

FTTF=Faster to the fun

Thanks so much for the review. My girlfriend and I are sailing on the Elation next week. We're both vegans and I especially love to read about the experiences of vegetarians/vegans when cruising. It does take a bit of 'navigating' but love that our fellow diners typically inquire about our meals and end up ordering some of our dishes by cruise end. :)

Thank you so much for this review! We're cruising the Elation June 26th. This is my first cruise and I can't wait! Did you swim at all in British Colonial Hotel? We don't have an excursion that day and have considered doing that, but I've read that the water can be kind of gross.

Thank you so much for this review! We're cruising the Elation June 26th. This is my first cruise and I can't wait! Did you swim at all in British Colonial Hotel? We don't have an excursion that day and have considered doing that, but I've read that the water can be kind of gross.

We did get in the ocean and it was beautiful. I'm confused at the "being gross" reviews you have read. My daughter snorkeled a little bit but there weren't many fish to be seen in the area. We loved the BCH. I would go there again in a heart beat. It was about a 15 minute walk and easy to find. The staff was great! Enjoy your cruise!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Atj, thanks again for the review. In another thread you mentioned you still had your fun times and would post them. Any progress on that? I know it is a lot of trouble, and I understand that life gets in the way. Just thought I would ask! Thanks!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm a first time cruiser and need all the help I can find!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, first cruise!!! How exciting. Just remember to relax and enjoy it all. Don't let negative reviews or comments about the Elation being an older smaller ship discourage you. I love her!!! We are sailing her again May 2018.

Kiss on the Lips... favorite drink!!!! Mango and peach combination. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Oh, first cruise!!! How exciting. Just remember to relax and enjoy it all. Don't let negative reviews or comments about the Elation being an older smaller ship discourage you. I love her!!! We are sailing her again May 2018.

Kiss on the Lips... favorite drink!!!! Mango and peach combination. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

We splurged on the Cheers package--I'm super excited to try all the drinks!

The CHEERS package was great to have. The additional specialty coffees, waters, pop and Rockstars we had in addition to the 15 drink limit was great! It was so nice not to worry about a huge bill at the end. Enjoy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...