Unlimited laundry misinformation?

Retired 07

We will be on the Westerdam westbound Oktober TA, i called them tiwce, it is 9$.

I think they now all know about the 9$ in Europe, still a good deal i guess.

On that itinerary in 2015 on the Eurodam we paid $30 per bag, so I would guess the unlimited is $9/day.

Thank you both! I think for a 20-day sailing, which ours will be, we'll be better off with a bag or two or three. :)

We'll be on the Zuiderdam's Viking Passage next year, which is essentially a westbound TA that starts in Copenhagen and winds up in NY via Norway, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada. So, part Europe, part not.

Any idea how laundry prices are treated on such a sailing?

Thanks!

We are on that sailing this year and I prepaid at $7 a day. I emailed guest services and then called to pay. No issues

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used the online chat feature and asked about laundry for our Baltic cruise. She told me it was $7/day so I printed it out and will take the paper with me to show the quote. It might work..........:).

Good! Now be sure to bring that print out, and it should be fine. Granted my experience with doing this was over a year ago, but I had no problem at all, in fact I never had to show my proof and was charged $7/day for a European cruise.

I used the online chat feature and asked about laundry for our Baltic cruise. She told me it was $7/day so I printed it out and will take the paper with me to show the quote. It might work..........:).

I did the online chat, and the rep had no idea of the cost. Just told me I had to call ship services.

We are on that sailing this year and I prepaid at $7 a day. I emailed guest services and then called to pay. No issues

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I emailed guest services earlier today, and am still waiting to hear from them. Do they usually answer promptly?

I am the OP. I finally heard from HAL, by phone and on email, and they said it is $9/day in Europe no matter when you book it. So, for the 14 day cruise, even if we do 4 individual bags at $30 each, it will still be cheaper than $9/day.

On our last med cruise in April 2016 we prepaid at $7 per day. Needed the e-mail confirmation to get charges corrected on board. The pre-pay will not show up on your booking. Stay on-line with the GS agent until you receive the e-mail confirmation and bring a copy with you.

Issue with the bag approach I believe is it is fold only and not press on hangers/fold. Maybe somebody can expand upon this.

On our last med cruise in April 2016 we prepaid at $7 per day. Needed the e-mail confirmation to get charges corrected on board. The pre-pay will not show up on your booking. Stay on-line with the GS agent until you receive the e-mail confirmation and bring a copy with you.

Issue with the bag approach I believe is it is fold only and not press on hangers/fold. Maybe somebody can expand upon this.

The HAL laundry bag is the only way to send out your laundry. Use of the bag is not an option. If you send pants, shirts, dresses, etc, they will come back pressed and on hangers. Socks and underwear, small items, are folded and delivered with tissue paper and in a basket. That is the deal, no matter if you have the unlimited package, by the bag, or by the piece.

We'll be on the Zuiderdam's Viking Passage next year, which is essentially a westbound TA that starts in Copenhagen and winds up in NY via Norway, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada. So, part Europe, part not.

Any idea how laundry prices are treated on such a sailing?

Thanks!

I think we are on the same cruise. I emailed HAL and was told $7/day for the 30 day cruise for unlimited. I saved the email & am taking it with me.

(I heard prepaid: $7/day Europe $9/if the cruise is only States/Canada)