Port Canaveral FTTF

hlauburn

We sailed on the Magic last month and we weren't able to get FTTF. The line moves pretty fast, but it was looooong.

This time, we were able to get FTTF. I didn't really pay attention last time...how much shorter are the FTTF lines? I know there's a separate entrance to the terminal - are there different check in desks as well? As soon as you check in do you just walk right on? What time should we plan to arrive?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We sailed on the Magic last month and we weren't able to get FTTF. The line moves pretty fast, but it was looooong.

This time, we were able to get FTTF. I didn't really pay attention last time...how much shorter are the FTTF lines? I know there's a separate entrance to the terminal - are there different check in desks as well? As soon as you check in do you just walk right on? What time should we plan to arrive?

There is a separate line for FTTF check in. If they haven't started boarding the ship yet, there is a special waiting area where you sit until they start boarding. When they do start, they will call Diamond/Platinum and wedding parties first. After that, FTTF goes. We got to the port around 10 AM. They didn't start boarding until a little after 11:30. This was before they started the scheduled check in time.

Now that they have scheduled check in time and you want to walk right onboard, I would suggest not taking a time any earlier than noon.

There is a separate line for FTTF check in. If they haven't started boarding the ship yet, there is a special waiting area where you sit until they start boarding. When they do start, they will call Diamond/Platinum and wedding parties first. After that, FTTF goes. We got to the port around 10 AM. They didn't start boarding until a little after 11:30. This was before they started the scheduled check in time.

Now that they have scheduled check in time and you want to walk right onboard, I would suggest not taking a time any earlier than noon.

Thanks so much!

So even if you have FTTF you need to pick a check in time?

You have to pick a time, but you don't have to adhere to it. You can show up earlier that your check in time if you have FTTF.

So if you want to be nice to your fellow cruisers who dont have platinum, diamond or Faster to the Fun, select a late time... that way they can still get the earlier ones... We always take the last time available now, we are platinum but I dont want people to have to wait if they dont need to start the fun.

So if you want to be nice to your fellow cruisers who dont have platinum, diamond or Faster to the Fun, select a late time... that way they can still get the earlier ones... We always take the last time available now, we are platinum but I dont want people to have to wait if they dont need to start the fun.

The downside to doing this, however, is that if a lot of people say they are coming later and then show up early, the process gets bogged down early causing an inconvenience for everyone. I think that it is best to honestly tell them when you think you will be there and let the system work.

There is a separate line for fttf. We had fttf on our cruise last July. But we were later getting to the port then we had planned and didn't get to the port until around 12:30. Nice thing was we walked past the long line, right through security, no wait for check in and no wait to get on the boat.

We got on the boat in no time, dropped our carry-on bags in our cabin. Walked around and grabbed a drink and then went to the lido and grabbed some lunch just as the crowds around the buffet started to thin out. It was really nice!

We had the FTTF for the Glory in Miami for $50 USD. We have a cruise booked for the Magic in December. We were thinking of getting FTTF but it's $70 USD per room and there will two rooms. We are not getting the FTTF for our upcoming cruise because that would be almost $125 CAN when we do the exchange and it's not worth it. So we'll wait in line.............

Are they that strict with the check-in times?