Rhapsody Med Cruise to

Hi All,

Worth having a look at the posts on the roll call.

Santorini is beautiful, looking forward to a going again.

This is also our 1st time on Rhapsody, only ever done the larger Royal cruise ships.

Ask away about Santorini, I'll answer anything I can help with! :-)

Rob.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We came off the Rhapsody of the Seas this morning. Out of all the cruises that we have done with RCCL, this was one of the best. Yes, smaller ship however the crew were GREAT!. Could not fault them at all, friendly and caring.

We left from deck 4 this morning and the CD along with 4 senior crew were at the exit saying goodbye to everyone. I have not seen that before.

Weather was great and ports of call were good.

Steven

Hi Steven,

That's great to hear, we've done Oasis & Harmony so looking forward to Rhapsody. Maybe when you've time you can let us know which excursions etc you did in the different ports

Hi Steven,

That's great to hear, we've done Oasis & Harmony so looking forward to Rhapsody. Maybe when you've time you can let us know which excursions etc you did in the different ports

Hi,

I will do since im still unpacking. We do that tomorrow.

Our ports of call were:

Kotor, Corfu, Athens, Mykonos, Kefalonia. Slighty different from your's i think but will let you know tomorrow.

Hi,

We came off the Rhapsody of the Seas this morning. Out of all the cruises that we have done with RCCL, this was one of the best. Yes, smaller ship however the crew were GREAT!. Could not fault them at all, friendly and caring.

We left from deck 4 this morning and the CD along with 4 senior crew were at the exit saying goodbye to everyone. I have not seen that before.

Weather was great and ports of call were good.

Steven

Hi Steven

We are on this itinerary leaving this coming Saturday so any information or recommendations you can give would be appreciated. Especially excursions as we have only booked for Athens so far. Did you fly from Edinburgh and if so, was there time to look about Venice before departure?

I would also be interested in hearing about your experience. I'm on the July 22nd sailing (same itinerary as yours), as well as the July 29 sailing.

Do you remember what terminal the Rhapsody used?

Hi,

In Venice it was Terminal 107.

Steven

Hi Steven

We are on this itinerary leaving this coming Saturday so any information or recommendations you can give would be appreciated. Especially excursions as we have only booked for Athens so far. Did you fly from Edinburgh and if so, was there time to look about Venice before departure?

Hi,

Yes we flew from EDI on Jet2, as the flights were free with RCCL. We landed into Venice at 11.20am on the day of the cruise. Venice airport is poor. Took about 45mins to get through passport control, then once you collect your luggage its about a 10min walk to the coach. We arrived at the dock about 1pm.

Checkin at the dock took a while, maybe thats because we have been on the Anthem twice and it flows and you are onboard within about 10-15mins. Not so here.

Got on about 2pm. So NO time to see venice. Muster drill was at 4pm.

Formal nights were Monday & Thursday.

We did no RCCL tours. Did our own thing. Normally we would do private tours, but not on this cruise. Just wanted to relax, and do our own thing on shore.

Kotor - (12-8pm) Been here before, tender port. Took about 20mins to tender to shore, which was longer than last time. We got off after the rush at about 2pm, and did the hop on hop off bus tour €20 and lasted about 90mins. Good tour, then walked around the old town again. Was back on board for about 5.30pm.

Corfu - (9-2.30pm) Out of all the ports, this was our least fav. Did the hop on hop off bus tour, not really worth it. Took you around the main areas of interest.

Athens - (noon - 8pm) Had been here before so stayed on ship and had the ship to ourselves.

Mykonos - (7-4pm). First time here, and our fav port of call. The CD said the peak times for tenders would be around 9-10am, so we left at 8.30am. They were another 5 ships in Mykonos that day. Had a walk around, lovely town, had food in a side street bakery, as the front is full of cafes, however I find going up the side streets and getting lost is better.

In the evening when speaking to someone who did a RCCL tour, when you get dropped of by tender you then had to walk around the bay to get on the coaches (maybe about half a mile walk!!)

Kefalonia - (noon - 7pm) First time the Rhapsody had been there. About a 10min walk into town, looked in a few shops and had a coffee. We also did the Yellow Train City Tour, lasted 25mins €5. Not worth it, dont do it. Others did RCCL tours and enjoyed the day.

Park Cafe on the ship was good, never really busy. Windjammer food was of a high standard, for lunch and evening meal. Went to Giovanni's twice.

Departure - Since our flights were through RCCL, we had luggage tag 21, and left at 8.30am, was at the airport by 9.15am. Then it went downhill. Checkin took about 40mins, then the queue to go through security took about 30mins, with no real queue. Airport was busy.

Finally got to airside about 1030am. Grabbed a quick bottle of water, then through another passport check to get to the gate for about 11.30am.

I hope ive covered the basic's for you.

Any other questions please ask away.

Steven.

Hi,

Yes we flew from EDI on Jet2, as the flights were free with RCCL. We landed into Venice at 11.20am on the day of the cruise. Venice airport is poor. Took about 45mins to get through passport control, then once you collect your luggage its about a 10min walk to the coach. We arrived at the dock about 1pm.

Checkin at the dock took a while, maybe thats because we have been on the Anthem twice and it flows and you are onboard within about 10-15mins. Not so here.

We did no RCCL tours. Did our own thing. Normally we would do private tours, but not on this cruise. Just wanted to relax, and do our own thing on shore.

Kotor - (12-8pm) Been here before, tender port. Took about 20mins to tender to shore, which was longer than last time. We got off after the rush at about 2pm, and did the hop on hop off bus tour €20 and lasted about 90mins. Good tour, then walked around the old town again. Was back on board for about 5.30pm.

Corfu - (9-2.30pm) Out of all the ports, this was our least fav. Did the hop on hop off bus tour, not really worth it. Took you around the main areas of interest.

Athens - (noon - 8pm) Had been here before so stayed on ship and had the ship to ourselves.

Mykonos - (7-4pm). First time here, and our fav port of call. The CD said the peak times for tenders would be around 9-10am, so we left at 8.30am. They were another 5 ships in Mykonos that day. Had a walk around, lovely town, had food in a side street bakery, as the front is full of cafes, however I find going up the side streets and getting lost is better.

In the evening when speaking to someone who did a RCCL tour, when you get dropped of by tender you then had to walk around the bay to get on the coaches (maybe about half a mile walk!!)

Kefalonia - (noon - 7pm) First time the Rhapsody had been there. About a 10min walk into town, looked in a few shops and had a coffee. We also did the Yellow Train City Tour, lasted 25mins €5. Not worth it, dont do it. Others did RCCL tours and enjoyed the day.

Park Cafe on the ship was good, never really busy. Windjammer food was of a high standard, for lunch and evening meal. Went to Giovanni's twice.

Departure - Since our flights were through RCCL, we had luggage tag 21, and left at 8.30am, was at the airport by 9.15am. Then it went downhill. Checkin took about 40mins, then the queue to go through security took about 30mins, with no real queue. Airport was busy.

Finally got to airside about 1030am. Grabbed a quick bottle of water, then through another passport check to get to the gate for about 11.30am.

Steven.

Thanks for this Steven, We are on the sane flights, so it looks like we will need to save Venice for another trip.

Do you have any of the menus, compasses and/or show information that you can provide?

Hi,

I dont have any photos of the menu's or the cruise compasses. Sorry.

I emailed RCCL about 4 weeks before the cruise to find out what entertainment would be onboard. The reply which i got was:

Thank you for your email.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for your May 27, 2017 sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas:

Carolo Truzzi – Novelty

Steve Rawlings – Juggler

The Moondogs – Tribute Act

Duo Perris - Novelty

Please note that the onboard entertainment is subject to change. For more specific information regarding times and locations, please consult the Cruise Compass once onboard.

Make sure to experience each incredible destination in the most amazing way possible by booking one of Royal Caribbean’s fantastic shore excursions. Did you know that if you book a shore excursion with us, you get priority departure in port? To learn more about the tours available on your sailing, we encourage you to visit the Cruise Planner section of our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do

Our Shore Excursions provide everything from culinary tasting tours to adrenaline-pumping adventures; you’ll discover the world like never before.

As a Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society member, Mr. Watson, we thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas.

Sincerely,

The email address was: web_reservations@rccl.com

They replied within about 5 days.

Steven

Hi,

Steven.

Hi Steven

Thanks for that. We are on this cruise this coming Saturday as well and really excited.

One thing I'm curious about is how 'formal' the formal nights are. I know with P&O cruises people like to dress up and it's expected in the MDR to follow the dress code, but my (little) experience with RCL is maybe that it's slightly less strict. As we are flying and it's going to be hot (hopefully!!) I was thinking of packing quite light.

Thanks

Hi Steven

Thanks for that. We are on this cruise this coming Saturday as well and really excited.

One thing I'm curious about is how 'formal' the formal nights are. I know with P&O cruises people like to dress up and it's expected in the MDR to follow the dress code, but my (little) experience with RCL is maybe that it's slightly less strict. As we are flying and it's going to be hot (hopefully!!) I was thinking of packing quite light.

Thanks

Hi, We are also on your cruise. As for formal night we find it runs from full highland dress to open collared shirts and jeans. I have never seen anyone turned away over the dress code. I am taking a light jacket and short sleeved shirts and a tie for formal night(kilt is to heavy for the plane!).

Hi, We are also on your cruise. As for formal night we find it runs from full highland dress to open collared shirts and jeans. I have never seen anyone turned away over the dress code. I am taking a light jacket and short sleeved shirts and a tie for formal night(kilt is to heavy for the plane!).

Hi,

Whenever we have sailed from Southampton, we tend to find they are alot more formal. On this cruise i did not take a suit jacket. Just shoes, smart trousers and shirt / ties.

On the formal nights, prob about 75% of people were smart during the evening.

Steven